All member reviews for A Wrinkle in Time

Classic sci-fi story still inspires and gets kids thinking.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJha80000 January 29, 2010

Good....but not a content read

i like this book so far and it's really good so far! the characters have such clear personality's and are esay to love however it is a bit confusing and i'm not able to contently read it i have to take breaks. but still good
Teen, 13 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 June 9, 2012

A Classic- Nothing Inappropriate

This book is one of the best sci-fi books I have ever read. I really don't like sci-fi stuff, but this book goes so much deeper then what is appears to be on the surface. For those of you who haven't yet read A Wrinkle In Time, I hope you will take my advice and give it a try. This book is best read by those who are mature enough to understand all the that is really being said. Still, I wouldn't limit this book to kids of one particular age. Every time I read Madeline L'engles classic tale, I find things I didn't realize were there at first. This is a very rare experience. It also happens to be the mark of a truly brilliant storyteller.
Educator Written byginagibbs September 11, 2010

Story of love, fantasy, courage

One of my favorite stories to recommend.
Adult Written bympmleblanc April 9, 2008

Read before your kids

Some pretty mature themes and kids may be asking questions. I would read before and recommend to older established readers. The subject is complex and what you make of it. Be prepared for some unusual discussions about serious moral topics.

THIS BOOK STINKS!!!!!!

Don't listen to everyone else, this book is lame!! I was forced to read this for school and I almost fell asleep. Seriously, save your brain cells; don't read this!
Adult Written byJennalm August 11, 2015

Amazing

I Believe this is a wonderful book with great, role models, adventures, and a beautiful plot. A wonderful book for kids who can comprehend a lot. It is not too scary for little ones and can be enjoyed by everyone. Some things can be a little confusing here and there so I recommend this for readers with higher IQs.
Adult Written byconcernedlibrarian September 18, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

It Was The Worst Thing Possible: Boring

I just couldn't get into it at all. I couldn't even get past the first few chapters. And I love to read, and I've read many classics that other people called boring and loved them, but this book just wasn't compelling for me. I don't know, maybe it's something that girls enjoy more than guys.
Adult Written bysarah_from_yale April 9, 2008

A little scary but the girlpower message is great

Meg is a great hero for young girls, proof that girls can be good at science and math. Their family imparts positive messages, since they are close and loving. All books in this series (and also the Austin series which partially intersects later in the series) are fantastic and very well-written!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy December 6, 2012

Amazing book.

Just like CSM says,this is a classic story that gets kids thinking.I must agree.It's a nice,addicting book that gets you thinking.I love this book just like how I love the Bible.Both books are awesome.
Adult Written bycaitlin89 September 17, 2009

Great!

I loved this book when I was younger! It will always be a classic in my eyes!
Adult Written bydhumaigobae April 9, 2008

Favourite book as a child and still is

I think I've had 5 copies of this book and the other 2 in the series and I keep giving them away so others can read them. This was my favourite book as a child and I still read it once a year just to keep fresh- make sure you and your child read it together at least once for a discussion as some of the concepts might be a little over the top for the younger crowd, particularly in book two but the characters fit just about anybody and are very likeable. I think what makes the series special to me personally even now is that though it is not a religious series, there are a few theories touched on that have backed up my spiritual life into adulthood so I keep replacing those books- my last set was a wedding gift I intend to keep this time, lol!
Teen, 13 years old Written byitzthomaz April 9, 2008

I slept

it was BORING. no point. they rescue someone the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... April 1, 2011

A Science-Fiction book geared towards younger kids

This book contained lots of science and bonds in friendship. Also this book contained good role models telling us to never give up. Meg showed this by persisting in finding her father and protecting her brother.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byahcim3 October 3, 2009

wonderful for any age

oh.my.word it is one of the best children books of all time, nothing to complain about
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2011

Think twice, Christians!

Well, if you are a christian family, you might need to think twice about reading this. A character, Mrs. Whatzit, asks the three children of some "heroes". One character says "Jesus Christ" and they also say things like "Shakespeare" and other people. Some people think it's good that they said His name, but think about it. They are comparing Jesus to other people who have sinned and maybe wrote bad books. So read carefully.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

Good for children

This is a really good book for kids 8 and up. I read it when i was in 4th grade and it kept me turning each page. there are cool witches that are magical and take the kids to another place in space.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2014

Good for kids, boring for anyone older

Maybe I would've enjoyed this if I was 8, but books like Harry Potter and Hunger Games have changed my view, so when I read this, I go "Do people seriously like this?". While it may be okay for children, I found the plot way too simple, way too overused, and extremely childish. The ending was RIDICULOUSLY rushed. Read this to your kids, or if you're a kid. Otherwise, you'd only read it to get in to conversations, or if it's a school read.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2013

An Exellent Book

If you like science fiction you'll like this book. It's pretty strange. There isn't much violence, but it's might be too scary for kids under 8. The main characters are very good role models, and it teaches good messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeester Tweester October 16, 2012

Somewhat disappointing; 5/10.

The chapters were kind of long, and the book was too long itself. Also, Calvin is barely mentioned after the trio time/dimension travels! I rate this book 13+ because I read this at 12 and I was perfectly fine, but I'm not as squeamish as most, so I think 13 is a good rating. One of my friends got nightmares when reading this at 7-9, just to prove my point. If you like time travel and science fiction, you'll like the book. If you dread science, don't waste your time. Anyway, the characters and overall concept was hit just right, but the plot was long and disappointing. So I give it 2.5 stars, but I have to round, so in a way, only 2.