All member reviews for A Wrinkle in Time

Classic sci-fi story still inspires and gets kids thinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMissydooda April 11, 2011
i tried to read it and found it extremely boring. my dad read it when he was younger and hated it. he said it was really weird. they go up to space. and other weird things. i mean come on! i guess everyone has their own opinions.
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2011

Perfect for all ages!

This is a great book with tons of role models. It teaches a valuable lesson to never betray your partner. It is a very well written book.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2011

Perfect for sci-fi lovers

I found it boring and confusing. It is sci-fi, which is not my favorite category in my books.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011

awsome story

I personally love this story it's my favorite story ever!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Fantastic, but slightly creepy

This book has no overt violence, but does have an element of creepiness, and strangeness, that sensitive kids will be affected by. It really makes you think.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

Somewhat Boring

I thought this book was really boring. I tried reading it in third grade and stopped on page like 50. So I've recently bought it and decided to give it another try now that I'm older. I guess once you read a book and don't like it you just don't like it.
Educator Written byginagibbs September 11, 2010

Story of love, fantasy, courage

One of my favorite stories to recommend.
Adult Written byawrinkleintime April 9, 2008

I love when they kiss. But its not an issue at all. Its romantic

I think this is an absolutely, positively awesome book. It is a must be read book. Madeline L'engle is a great author. Keep it up Madeline!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypuppyest08 April 9, 2008

A must read... and I really mean it!

In this book, L'Engle is abselutely amazing. I read this book in first grade because I had an above average comprehension level but I would recommend it a few years later. At the youngest I would say, oh, about, sixth grade at the youngest, fifth grade if you want to push it. I loved this book so much I read it three times. If you like this, I suggest continuing the series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjshalishia April 9, 2008

A must-read book for any teen

I got this book as a reading assisnment in English. I must say I was not happy. Yet once I started reading it I could not put it down. I had to keep reading just to see what was going to happen next. With every turn of the page I was excited to read more. Very enjoyable, fun to read, easy to follow book. I ENJOYED IT A LOT!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byevildude32 April 9, 2008

Awesome Sci-Fi novel certainly delivers!

Meg Murry is bad in school and she rough-houses a lot. Her brother Charles Wallace is very smart at the age of 5. Meg's friend Calvin is a tall, skinny basketball player. But suddenly three old women appear. Meg has to learn how to tesser, or go through time and space. This book is a clever blnd of fairytales, sci-fi, noir, and philosophy. The enemy is a giant brain controlling lots of people on a mysterious planet. AWIT is such a good book. I recommend it for all ages!
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2015

GREAT FOR IMANGINATIVE CHILDREN THROUGH ADULTS

This book is absolutely amazing! The vocab is actually quite hard. I think that kids 12+ or gifted children under 12 should read it. We read it for school and it is a hard book with all the books
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrokly19 July 23, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written bygilgamesh May 25, 2015

confusing

This was a very confusing book. I did not understand a word of it
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2015

Wonderful book!

I loved this story. I think fifth graders should read this at the youngest, because some of the plot is complicated and might frighten younger kids. I find myself reading this book all the time and when I had to read this book for school I had no idea I would enjoy it so much. I found myself rooting for Meg and Calvin's relationship and loved the characters. The only thing that I disliked was Charles Wallace, for I found him arrogant and annoying. Otherwise, this is a great book and kids should totally read it!
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2015

Younger kids may not get scientific concepts

In order to fully understand this book, you have to have at least a bit of knowledge of scientific concepts including the 4 dimensions (the book centers around a "5th dimension" called a tesseract), complex math algorithms, and so on (you also have to know what a medium is). It may not be suitable for kids under 7 due to a key part of the plot being that Meg's father was supposedly kidnapped by life forms on the tesseract-invaded planet Camazotz. There are a few creepy scenes involving a man with red eyes (which he uses to turn Meg's brother, Charles Wallace, to the dark side) and and evil brain that controls the aforementioned planet. All in all, a rollicking, classic sci-fi adventure, but kids under 8 will definitely need parental guidance.
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2014

Complex plot. Great for kids who like fantasy and fairy tales

From my blog, "IsabelasBookNook.com": "Meg and her brother Charles Wallace and their friend Calvin go on a journey to save Meg and Charles' father who was reported "missing". Meg is an outcast and unpopular girl, Charles is her brother who has special talents and telepathic abilities. Calvin is an ordinary boy, except for the fact that he is popular at school and always has a lot of attention. On their way to save their father, they meet Mrs. Which, Mrs. Whatsit and Mrs. Who, (The "Ws") who are three special people, kind of like Charles Wallace. These ladies explain to the kids all about "IT", a brain who is in the fifth dimension and that supposedly will take over all the planets, stars and galaxies in the universe and will take them under its control. The ladies also know how to get to the fifth dimension where the kids father is trapped. To save their father and the whole entire universe, they need to gather courage to enter the fifth dimension and with their father, deafeat "IT". This book was written long time ago, the first edition came out in the 60s. It won several awards becoming very popular with kids and (I suppose) adults, too. The book is about time, love and courage. It has a lot of things going on at the same time, so the reader has to focus to understand the complex plot. Due to these many layers of stories, I'd say that this book is for ages 9 and up."
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2014

This book has some good ideas in it. The story is not very boring, so it is ok to read. However, the book does have a disappointing ending where the original problem is not solved.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydaisy224751 April 16, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

YAY

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!! It is very sciencey, and funny!