All member reviews for A Wrinkle in Time

Classic sci-fi story still inspires and gets kids thinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjaSquirrel May 17, 2010

Great for 8+

I love this book because it's mysterious, adventurous, couragous, and fun to read! It's great for all ages! Meg and Charles Wallace are great role models and the book has a great message. Though, one character, Mrs. Whatsit, steals blankets from a neighbor. The book is enjoyable and fun and I recommend it to everyone
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2010

Reached out to me...

This book is PERFECT for kids 8 and up because thats when you can understand all of the words. L'engle gives a detailed, strong feeling of the atmosphere and includes all of the elements of a real pageturner in this novel. G-R-E-A-T!
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010

this book is awsome and the story is incredible! I absolutly love it!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadyourheartout March 9, 2010

i love the adventure!

I read this when i was maybe, 10 and i have to say, it is a great book! i haven't stopped reading it till i was done with it (like 2 days to finish) and usually, i'm not the kind of person that reads a lot, or finishes a lot of books. so, what im trying to say that this book is a MUST READ!!
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2010

Number 3 On My Mental Book List! XD

This book is number 3 on my mental favorite book list. :D. It's a great classic. I love it. But I have to admit it IS a liiiittle confusing for my age but not too much. Rereading it helps too!
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2010

meg is determined to find her father and bring him back home, which is a good trait. It can be somewhat confusing of what is going on though.
Kid, 10 years old December 17, 2009

This book is not inappropriate, but it is kind of complicated.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypurple.pea November 17, 2009

good for fantasy lovers

A Wrinkle in Time has not only an interesting storyline but it's really easy to follow, too. The characters are easy to relate to because of the normality of their lives. I also loved the vocabulary because it was easy to understand, but it made me feel smart reading words like mitochondria. Also, this book is great for those of us who like to escape to fantsy worlds, which is what young yet avid readers are looking for..
Kid, 12 years old October 11, 2009

For tweens

I love this book!!! One of the best! Tweens (8-13) will enjoy and won't be disappointed
Parent of a 16 year old Written byahcim3 October 3, 2009

wonderful for any age

oh.my.word it is one of the best children books of all time, nothing to complain about
Adult Written byconcernedlibrarian September 18, 2009

Adult Written bycaitlin89 September 17, 2009

Great!

I loved this book when I was younger! It will always be a classic in my eyes!
Teen, 15 years old Written byashbooann16 August 6, 2009

Good for any age (that can read)

I read this book when I was 8 and I absolutely loved it. It was amazing. I remember I couldn't put it down.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2009

I loved this book! I have read it three times. I don't see how anybody could find this boring or "lame" as the thirteen year old said. Charles Wallace and Meg and Calvin are very good role models who teach you to use your brain to solve problems instead of asking other people to solve them for you. Five stars for this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhermy321 November 22, 2008

to each his own, I suppose...

I honestly don't see why there are kids my age saying that they found it incredibly broing, it put them to sleep, whatever. I read this book when I was 9, and I LOVED it. It was very exciting for me and I loved every singly line in this book. But everyone can have their own opinion, I guess.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bytintin_in_arcata April 9, 2008

10 and up

I read this book about once every two years. It is amazing, and yes, you will want to read it in one sitting.
Adult Written bydhumaigobae April 9, 2008

Favourite book as a child and still is

I think I've had 5 copies of this book and the other 2 in the series and I keep giving them away so others can read them. This was my favourite book as a child and I still read it once a year just to keep fresh- make sure you and your child read it together at least once for a discussion as some of the concepts might be a little over the top for the younger crowd, particularly in book two but the characters fit just about anybody and are very likeable. I think what makes the series special to me personally even now is that though it is not a religious series, there are a few theories touched on that have backed up my spiritual life into adulthood so I keep replacing those books- my last set was a wedding gift I intend to keep this time, lol!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandy Girl 101 April 9, 2008

A must read for everyone!

I read this book, and I finished it in three days flat because it was so catching! It just sweeps you up and holds you in suspense until the end of the book. If it were any better, no one who picked it up could put it down until they were finished with it!! :) an excellent read for everyone 7+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypuppyest08 April 9, 2008

A must read... and I really mean it!

In this book, L'Engle is abselutely amazing. I read this book in first grade because I had an above average comprehension level but I would recommend it a few years later. At the youngest I would say, oh, about, sixth grade at the youngest, fifth grade if you want to push it. I loved this book so much I read it three times. If you like this, I suggest continuing the series.