All member reviews for After the Wreck, I Picked Myself Up, Spread My Wings, and Flew Away

Raw look at loss & addiction best for older teens.

Adult Written byandrewsgirl December 6, 2010
this book is a very good book i had just picked it for a project and i would like to say that this book is good for kids who have abused drugs to take away pain or someone that has lost a parent and has issues or withdraws from drugs. This book also has alot to do with drugs and violence and sexually content. I had seen my dad uzse drugs and i never had done anything because i have seen my dad go threw it and this book has supported me in so many ways
Adult Written byxjaclynhartx April 9, 2008

Loved it!

Great book, I couldn't put it down! I suggest this book!
Teen, 14 years old Written bynorderik29 November 8, 2009

Being Exposed Can Be GOOD!

I really liked it and it shows kids and teens what really can go on in the world. Although you dont want to expose your kids to some of the things in this book such as alcohol, sex, violence, rape, and gangs, being exposed to these things can help teens know to stay away from people like this. It also shows them the negative consequences that came out of the situation.
Adult Written bylovinlife123 May 2, 2010
It was greta and contained a great message. For some younger teens it may not be apprpiate but the majority are reading much worse stuff and are mature enough to get the lesson out of this book. And compared to what we see everyday it was not grapic at all. Plus at any regular high school there are drugs and drinking, not that every kid is involved but they know all about it. Plus the majority off book swe read contain worse things about love and stuff and very bad messages. this is from a teenagers point of view by the way. This book had a intense topic but the rest was less than normal. No one gets what we get faced with evry day sooo. And it was an incrdibly well written book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykiRaYagAmI April 7, 2010

a good compliment for teens and gives educational values especially in life aspects of a teenager life