All member reviews for Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Kids will love this account of a boy's bad day.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 6, 2012

Best Alexander book EVAR!

This book is hilarious! I really LOLed at the part where he says "I think i'll move to Australia".I love this book SOOO much!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 November 2, 2011

Good book for young kids

I read this book to 2 little kids at school and I think it's just fine for young kids. It's amusing and has a positive message in understanding that bad days happen to everyone and it's a part of life. Good for kids 6+
Adult Written byRecessGymClass2 December 5, 2016

I love this book so much, and the other Alexander books as well.

However, this one is my favorite. I grew up reading Alexander books, this one was always my favorite. Every time I had a bad day, I always read this book. It would make me feel so much better. I really laughed at Alexander's misfortunes. My favorite part was when the elevator door closed on his foot, his mother forgot to pack him lunch, and when his favorite blanket slipped into the bathroom, while the sink was running, and it got all wet. Now, I wouldn't laugh at people's misfortunes in real life, but this is JUST a book, so I do not mind if I do! The narrating is hysterical too, I love it when he says "I think i'll move to Austrailia". Even though i'm in my late 30s, I still say that i'm having a 'horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day", when i'm having a bad day. The drawing itself is really nice. I think Judist Vorst is a really talented author. 'Nuff said. So overall, this is just so nostalgic, and I read this book sometimes when I need my childhood memories back and I always smile and say "Wow! I can't believe how much the years have flew by!!!".