All member reviews for Along for the Ride

Teen, 15 years old Written byMegan Lovely April 12, 2011

Megan's Review

I think that this is a good book. It just shows a girl who didn't have a child hood re-creating her one with a friend. Sure, she makes a few mistakes; but doesn't everyone?
Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010

Every teenage girl can learn to fall in love with this story!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

A fairly well written book, but contains little real emotion.

Auden has grown up somewhat self-centered due to her uptight mother. Auden's mother puts down everything and is never impressed or seems happy. Then her father, on the other hand, is way too obsessed with his work and, in a way, refuses to take care of Auden or Thisbe (his newborn daughter) properly. Which leaves Auden's stepmom Heidi to raise a somewhat colicky baby by herself. Auden begins to relax a little after meeting and falling in love with Eli. Eli seems to be different from everyone else with his love for BMX and a tragic past.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes September 24, 2009

couldnt put it down

this book is brilliant i think that auden is very smart and i can undestand her really quite well. some points in this book are not exactly appropriate for yonger teens but mostly the book is quite tame. i couldnt put it down and stayed up into the early hours of the morning trying to finish this brilliant book. i belive that this book will be good for anyone that wants to read about a character they can relate to
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitkatrocksyasox February 23, 2010

not all true

Auden never lost her virginity to Eli.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBooklover13 October 10, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byChuckNorrisApproves December 12, 2011

Pretty good book I must say!

I liked this book a lot! The plot was good and I thought that it gave a stong, good message, as this is how many families are: divorced parents,new step-mom, new half-brother sister, etc. I think it was one of Sarah Dessen's better books! Chuck Norris helped me approve this novel :P
Teen, 13 years old Written byM.Thomson.ATL February 25, 2010

Good for tweens and teens, especially grades 5-8

I think "Along for The Ride" is a great book for middle schoolers. Some parents may think it's a little mature for elementary schoolers but I read books like it in the 4th and 5th grade, so I think it would be fine for 4th and 5th grade but no younger. It is a little mature, has a little non-graphic sex, and drinking, but most of the drinking is just wine, and most kids' parents drink wine around them anyway. And if kids didn't already know what non-graphic sex is like (i.e. how it is described) they may not even realize it's non-graphic sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written byllynch7 March 19, 2011

love it

love it! it just the right amount of romance, family issues, and finding your idenity!
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2011

Along for the Wow

Loved this book. Not a lot of bad things in the book, except some iffy language. But Auden is true to herself, and very into her learning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjaliep15 September 27, 2010

It was ok

It was ok I still recommend Just listen if you want something uplifting
Teen, 14 years old Written byimmzzzzy June 24, 2010

Wonderful.

An incredible book, I find myself re-reading chapters again and again. I don't think any of the issues mentioned above really apply, and I have to mention the misconception of Auden losing her virginity in the book. Never happened. This is a definite must read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byezmx23 April 21, 2010

amazing!

THIS BOOK IS AH-MAZ-ING!!!!! such a good plot
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookee January 6, 2011

VERY INSPIRING BOOK :))

This book is a good one for people who are aloof and mostly self centered ones. I do not think that this book would be inappropriate for teens even if it contains some parts with teens drinking because first of all, the main goal of this book is to encourage teens to change for the better.HOW WOULD TEENS RELATE IF THE MAIN CHARACTERS WOULD BE ADULTS?
Teen, 14 years old Written bybook13lover June 9, 2011

GREAT BOOK

This is Sarah Dessen's best book so far. I think Common Sense is a little bit overprotective, any 13-year-old could read this. No big deal. No younger than a mature twelve, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLissaNicky May 8, 2010

Great, a must read

Great book! this is a heart warming story about Auden a teen who has a life that is far from perfect. What happens when she spends some time with her dad. step mother, and new step sister... read to find out!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byemm680 May 3, 2012

Great book, but the CSM review is wrong.

I love this book, read it like 4 times.Little bit of drinking but nothing major. Auden Did Not loose her virginity to Eli, she fell asleep on a couch with him(there's a big difference between the two!) Great book for anyone above 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLucky7Bluue June 9, 2012

Making things straight here.

Marvellous! And, no, Auden did not, NEVER did loses her virginity to Eli. All what happened was Auden cried infront of Eli after hearing her dad and Heidi fight through the doors and Eli didn't say anything, just brought her to his apartment. He made some kind of rice crispy treat, something his mother would make everytime his sisters get upset, for Auden. They talk, Eli pretty much did all of that as he hopped on the bed. Auden did too joined him on the bed. their conversation was till almost to 4am, and Auden felt sleepy, and then fell asleep on the bed with Eli. The next morning, Eli was hugging her, as Auden wakes up, she gently get of the bed, not wanting to disturb Eli, she did a nice favour in brewing coffee for Eli as he was still asleep. Then she went back home to Heidi's place and continued sleeping. DUH, what is wrong with you people?
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 6, 2012

Really good!

Really good, but not her best.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarleighskates February 16, 2010