All member reviews for Alphas

Teen, 15 years old Written bybookwormwriter July 23, 2011

Dramatic

I really hated this book because it was so dramatic, and I'm more of a tomboy than a girly girl. Maybe a girly girl would like it better, I thought this was a horrible book. However, happy reading! :)
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2011

Interesting Book!

This book for girls who want a story about a woman who tries to bring females up in society. It is much more appropriate that Clique. Theres only mild kissing and the girls are acting like a girl at that age would, obsession over boys. Overall, it was an interesting book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystarz6789 April 16, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byRheana1997 August 3, 2010

perfect for anyone

I really like this book because lisi harrison is a great author and people are reading her completley wrong... With the clique shes trying to show people how ridiculous how spoiled teenagers can be... and i like how in alphas she gives the charactors uniforms to get rid of all of the constant label dropping [like in the clique] and i think the alphas series is to show what people will do to succeed. I personally like this series better than the clique and i think lisi does a good job of showing how teenagers nowadays are. I really like how Skye is determined to get her way and be the number one alpha. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarieCaymus July 10, 2012

Love it!

Great book series, no content that I would think inappropriate for anyone over age 9. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byFunnyBunny97 October 7, 2011

A must-read!!!

This book is a truly inspiring story about discovering your full potential and being the best that you can be. A must-read for all early teens!
Teen, 14 years old Written byaquaprincess August 16, 2011

Excellent!

I expected this series to be just like The Clique, only with more competitive drama. I was wrong. Unlike The Clique, the true message here is to find your own style and be yourself; then you will really be the best. In The Clique, girls are ridiculed for liking anything other than looking pretty. At Alpha Academy, girls do try to look good (which girl doesn't?) and they do try to impress the boys (again, which girl doesn't?) But unlike the Clique, these girls aren't on top because they fit in or look right. They are on top because of their talents, their intelligence, what makes them who they are. They are on top because of their inner beauty, not their outer beauty. The girls can be mean at times in their 'survival of the fittest' world. They can be judgmental, but even in this world they make friends and there is a lot of character growth. Alphas is inspiring. The three main characters, rather than trying to fit in with this shark-tank world they live in, embrace the chance to stand out from the others. It has a deep, positive message, hidden underneath regular teenage personality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byheyy thereee April 21, 2011

good coming of age sstory

IT encourages young girls to be their best!
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2011

Pretty good...

I quite like the book. I want them to make a movie. I think it would be okay for 9+ because there is nothing bad about it. Lisi Harrison is one of the best authors of all time. She is one of the most popular authors in my school. Even the boys read her books... (some of them anyway). Soo yea, I like it. Not the best book i have read in my life, but it's good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byautumn_symone April 3, 2011

I love this book i read all of the alphas and i love them so much i am really glad darwin and charlie are back together!<3
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

Nothing wrong!

I LOVE THIS BOOK! Nothing wrong with it! I Love ALL books by lisi Harrison! Perfect book for Tweens and Teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhillie December 26, 2010

This book is amazing! It teaches you what to do when an adult is the bully. It has lots of positive messages about being smart and talented.
Teen, 15 years old Written byagentcheesecake December 14, 2010

Excellent Read!

I really love the Alpha's series. I think they are the perfect books for girls 10 and up because girls that age really need at least one good role model to look up to. All of the girls (Skye, Charlie, Allie...) have good, ambitious attitudes. Also, it is refreshing to see books about people who are beautiful on the inside, smart, and sweet instead of pathetic lowlifes who drink and tan all day. The one thing I would say though is sometimes the girls can be a little mean to one another, (but the girls that are mean are not the ones i would cout as the good role models and cut them a break, they ARE teenage girls!) And sometimes they are so ambitious, they will do WHATEVER it takes to get to the top. I personally don't have a problem with that, but some parents might think of that as selfishness. But I would definetly recommend this book series to any girls I know because it is a great story about our society's best adolecents.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessie tew kute December 9, 2010

the book is alright ii love it doe it kay tome
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookieworm November 2, 2010

I actually enjoyed it, but I thought that tweens 11-13 may get the wrong idea because the girls are really catty and bitchy-even the main ''good girl character" is catty, and think its okay to act like that.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySchuyler x3 September 16, 2010

Favorite Book Ever!

I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK!! Sorry.. but i'm obsessed. It has everything I personally look for in my perfect book. Drama, Technology, and A GREAT PLOT! Name another book that is about that... Three of 100 girls are highlighted in this book. They all made it to the extrodinary Alpha Academy on Alpha Island. Owned by multi-billionaire Shira Brazille, handpicked 100 talented young women. Specificly targeting girls with talents of art, dancing, singing, inventing... The best of the best. Now, one of the girls who got picked was Skye Hamilton. Teacher's pet dancer, Skye is one of the highlighted in this book. The second one, Allie A. Abbott. One initial away from stardom, when Allie J. Abbott's invitation to Alpha Academy comes to her door, Before thinking twice, with the makeup and money, she's created idenity theft in a flash. Last but not least, Charlie Deary ( i think thats her last name ) Mom is former assistant of Shira Brazille, got her into thrle academy, but with a price, her BF. Shira's son. Reluntanly giving him up, thinking of the other 99 girls waiting to sink their claws into him... Truly Magnificent on it's Own. =) ~ Schuyler
Teen, 14 years old Written byexplosivetoaster July 29, 2010

How to End Up on Top

Alphas is about girls in a futuristic type of environment that just so happen to be rich and mildly famous. They compete, fight, and often makes one or the other feel left out -- they're all frienemies. The girls are striving to end up on top and there's nothing wrong with that. Harrison delivers the message to kids that basically tells them to be strong and don't let anyone get in your way. It's the way life works; people fight and often do not get good result, but there is one once in a while. Also, to end up on top, you must work to the best of your abilities.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybpixie July 13, 2010

booooring boy trauma ... as usual!!!

kinda boring ... ALL about boys, unlike the clique series. the clique is sooo much better, soo much wittier, and a much better story in general. not very good in general. lisi harrison can do MUCH better.
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2010

this was a pretty good parody off of the other series by the same author, the clique series. but, i have to say i got pretty lost in the book, and it wasn't as good as the clique series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

Good book!

Worth reading! I like The Clique series a little better.