All member reviews for Among the Hidden: Shadow Children, Book 1

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2009

Aweosme Book!

Amazing! I love the book even though I'm a third child! ;) It's a great story and I think that the courage that some of the characters have is a great thing to read about! To any good readers that want something fun and intresting to read, READ THIS!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmoungTheHidden September 15, 2009

Perfect! Absolutley and Positivly Perfect!

This is the best book I have EVER read!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShiningMoon December 12, 2008

A Strangely Realistic Read

It's sci-fi, but realistic. It's horrifying yet believable. It's a society where everything is so right...so wrong. It's a lake, pristine on the surface, yet hopelessy messed up beneath the surface. It's a rare series where you probably should read all 7 (or 8?) books.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 24, 2009

Great book for young'n's

Typical writing-ethic style, but the plot is absolutely grand. One part (I was surprised) very much disturbed me so that's why I gave the "Violence" concern bomb. This book'll have you reading the entire series, as I am trying to complete now.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Moving yet Gripping Story!

The book is full of cliff hangers and secrets that are no unlocked until the end! The story of a secret friendship and illegal kids! YOU MUST READ IT! (A Series)
Kid, 10 years old October 22, 2009

i love it

i love it its a great book i just start reading this book i thik of yhis book is it intresting and i give it a 5/5
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap July 31, 2009

super good book

this book is really good i have read all for in the seris and loved them all. This book is actually really educational and overall great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamala April 9, 2008

Really cool, a bit sad.

I admit the ending was kinda sad. But it had to happen to produce the sequels, which are all awesome. This is my favorite book right now, and I read it over a year ago.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2009

this book is sad

the book is sad when he has to leave his family plus one of the main characters gets shot.not appropiate for under ten.
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

Great Book!!

This is an amazing book! Margaret Peterson Haddix is one of my favorite writers. Her books are great! Among the Hidden is a great book! It has a great story!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBonky94 April 9, 2008

Best Book ever!

I have read the whole series and they have amazing plots. Margaret Peterson haddix is spectacular.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2010

Great book

love it!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2008

this is a wonderful book!

among the hidden is a great book. you should read the whole series
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddy940 June 6, 2009

great!

i really enjoyed this book! i read all of the shadow children books! but, i think the age limit should be ten. that seems a little more reasonable! but this book was very good, and i definitely recommend it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byhellokitty21 May 4, 2010

tween and teens

The story was all about standing up for wat u believe in and also all things are not goin to trun out ass u planed.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBook Review U. April 9, 2008

Get into Hiding!

Among the Hidden By Margaret Haddix Someone knocked on the door. Luke’s mother immediately hid his plate through his chair in the corner and hid any evidence that Luke existed. Luke ran upstairs to his room in his attic, as the family had a conversation with the government about cutting down their forest. Luke was against the law; he was the third child, otherwise known as a shadow child. The population police had made a law that there could be no more than two children per family. Luke used to be safe in the forest, with no one around. But now the government is taking away the trees and replacing the land his family once owned with rows of houses. Now Luke cannot go outside, and maybe not for the rest of his life. Luke has just settled down, after counting more then twice to make sure every one has left. Then he sees a face in the window, in a house where two children already live. Among the hidden is a great suspenseful book. It is an unpredictable book, full of an exciting plot. At the end, there is a small bit of violence that affects the book tremendously, so if you do not like sudden changes in the plot, or big suspense, this is not the book for you. Each chapter is filled with an exciting addition to the amazing plot.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychase1234567890 September 28, 2011

chase

i think this smells trashy! this is soo stupid book! kids dont read just have fun life is to short
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byIan April 9, 2008

One of the best in this series

A good series overall, with this being one of the better books in the series. People are threatened at gunpoint, a few children are killed (one major character), we hear about how the blood ran after the children are killed, but there are good messages as well. Appropriate for the 8+ crowd, kids might be uninterested around 15.

Page Turning

This is a page turning book.. I read it in 5 days.. If you like these books keep reading