All teen and kid member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 October 18, 2011

A classic book

This book was really good. I like Anne's character-she's always so full of life. Matthew's sweet, and even though Marilla can be harsh at times, she really does care about Anne. There is some minor violence, like when Anne plays a truth-or-dare game and has to walk along a rooftop and ends up breaking her leg. Also, a boy flirts with Anne and she likes him but she refuses to admit it. At one point, Anne accidentally gets her friend drunk (she was trying to get her some tea but got the wrong bottle). But Anne of Green Gables is okay for tweens, and it's a classic story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreysonGirl98 October 18, 2011

1st few are good, stay away from the rest.

Anne is in her best form in this book. She is spunky and a dreamer and you just wish you knew her. The second and third books are just as good. However, as this series continues, it deteriorates drastically. The later books center more around other, less likable characters and are not cohesive within themselves, more like short stories. Stick with the first few.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynovember27 January 12, 2012

best book ever

I am a huge Anne fan I have all 8 books and all dvds. I loved the first 3 books but I have to say the 4th, 5th and 6th especially don't seem like the Anne we first meet. I wish more was said about Marilla, Davy, Dora , Diana and Mrs Lynde as the series went on but that is not the case. I have read my books to pieces. If anyone is having doubts about this book i would 100% recommend it. It is one of the best books ever.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2013

So Sweet

Anne of Green Gables is the sweetest story ever. The romantic and comity is so cool. It's one of those good old time classics. Anne is a great role model for young kids. She always apologizes and always has a big tung.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRockAndRollGreasers March 10, 2014

Classic

This is definitely a feminine book, for one, so a boy probably wouldn't want to read it. But if a boy does, that is fine. Anyways, it shows life in the early 1900's from the eyes of a young girl named Anne. It's good for girls 10-13 to read because they can relate to Anne. Older girls would enjoy the sequel Anne of Avonlea, where Anne is 16. Anne of The Island is another great sequel which is romantic.
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2013

Book Review for Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables is a great book. Focused on an orphan girl who comes to Green Gables by accident, it is very intense and emotional at times. Anne is a very spirited little girl. However, a very beloved friend dies in the end, so if your child is sensitive to that stuff, I wouldn’t reccomend this book for them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytaderbug15 January 14, 2013

Fantastic Classic

Anne Shirley is a spunky, hot-tempered girl that everyone falls in love with. And everyone does. When all the boys fall in love with Anne it makes you kind of mad. Because the whole time you know that she likes Gilbert and that Gilbert likes Anne and you don’t like it when people go and fall in love with her. Of course she refuses all the guys who ask for her hand in marriage, which is stupid, I admit. But she has good qualities that make you second guess your first impression of her (in a good way).
Teen, 15 years old Written bybow_ties_are_cool October 30, 2015

Such an Imaginative Book with Imaginative Characters

It is a beautiful book and will encourage you to see life in a different light. It's imaginative and gorgeous. It has a wonderful role model and it encourages you to change your outlook on things. It forces you to see the beauty in everything. My teacher read this to my class in 5th grade and it made me love reading. It also introduced me to a fellow kindred spirit and I will forever be grateful. I highly recommend this book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byblackvampire314 December 28, 2015

Favourite Classic

I don't normally like classics, but really enjoyed this and read the whole series.