All member reviews for Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Classic coming-of-age story rings true decades later.

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Loved it!!

I loved this book!! It made me realize I'm not weird and that other girls think about that kind of stuff too and that I'm not the only one. I could really relate to Margaret about not feeling comftorable in your body, because I am tall I'm 11 and almost 5'5 and you would think I would be more developed and have bigger breasts than girls my age who are shorter but I dont ( I'm not the most under developed girl but I'm certainly not the most) so I could really relate about the bra stuffing. I couldn't relate as much with the period stuff because I had my first period last month, yes I'm different my breast aren't very devolped but I had my period yep I'm a strange one. I think every girl should read this before 6th grade I suggestie 5th because 6th is when you go through a lot of changes. Great book i loved it :) really simple and easy to read.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byssara May 16, 2011

superb message

I enjoy reading the article. Its good at least there are people who think about god.Dentist NYC
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2011

Not the best role models

This book is one of my favorites. What really makes me worry, is that if a Primary grade reads this thye might think a bit Dirty. Nancy lies several times, Margaret sneaks a Playboy, and playing two minutes in the closet is not okay. I read this at age 10 but, I think 11+ would be better. It also wasn't okay to say you don't believe in god. What is good about this book, is that it teachs females about growing up. I wouldn't reccomend males reading this because it teaches them woman puberty.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2011

Good Book!

Great coming of age book!
Teen, 15 years old Written byvsquadcheer March 7, 2011

So cute

This is a really good book, and was one of my favorites growing up.
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2011

good for people looking for the right amount of spark

i think its a good book with lots of ups and downs
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2011

Absolutely love it! Positive message, good role models, educational.

I loved this book! One of my parents bought this for me, along with TTYL. It is a positive and educational book, and shows a basic cycle of what a pre-teen would go through. This older dated read still seems like the life you would live now. I recommend to everyone.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

Fantastic book for tweens!

This is a really good book for tweens since I'm sure almost all pre teens can relate to margaret. I would definitely encourage all girl tweens to read this because even though this book was written a long time ago it is much like a 10/11/12 year old girls life. It's educational, has great messages and good role models too. My only concern is there is some sexual content. Margaret and her friends look at a her dad's Playboy magazine, they play 2 minutes in a closet at a b-day party, gossip about one girl in the class with big breasts. They also talk about wearing bras, getting their period, boys they have crushes on and sizes of breasts yes the book is based on puberty and all that but it's an amazing book!
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

Great for tweens!

AWESOME!!
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2009

Totally for tweens!

I good book. Fun to ready and funny
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2009

I love the book. Judy Blume Rocks!
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2009

Amazing Book

Great book I read it when I was 9 and thought the author did a really great job making it realistic. I think it is a great book for ages 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2009

tweens will love it

i love this book its funny and very good. I would recomed this book for 10 up.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymrjetrocks July 25, 2009

Perfect for pre-puberty age

My mom gave me this book instead of telling me about my period! I read it in the 4th grade and it was just fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda June 21, 2009

Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2009

wow

i enjoyed reading it so much i read it twice a really good book for anyone going into there teen years
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmc_kitties January 12, 2009

Awesome!!!

I was actually dared to read this book!!! Since it discusses Margaret stuffing her bra, playing a kissing game with her friends, having crushes comparing bra sizes with her buddies and getting her first period I would say 10 and up since it was when i read the book. Most definently a girl book!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2009

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

Judy Blume is an honest and funny writer; in short, she's cool

An educational book....kind of

I personally liked this book. The book is good for girls 10-13. It taught me a lot about how I'm going to be growing up and it also taught me how to be patient with your body and God.

A book about 'growing up'

This book is very advanced. Please be ready for topics such as bras, boys, and periods. Very good for girls going through puberty, to see what's it's really like. Mature girls 11 and up should be able to read this book. Parents should be ready to explain many un-comfortable topics.