All member reviews for Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Classic coming-of-age story rings true decades later.

Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

WOW!

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. is a really great book that realistically takes girls through the ups and downs of growing up. Unlike most Judy Blume books, there is no cursing in this book. However, there is a bit of a detailed description when Margaret gets her period, and about how she sneaks to the store and buys some tampons. Every girl will relate to Margaret and her hilarious friends looking at the male anatomy system and Playboy magazines. Before a program at school, a friend passes Margaret a note stating, "Well, here we go! The big deal sex talk!" I liked the book because it explained some things I needed to know about but didn't want to say to my mom. This is a book parents and tween girls should depend on.
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Here comes Blume with another amazing ( and honest) book!

I loved this book! A classic indeed! It did have referances to things like Playboy magazine and other things that alter the way young girls look at themselves, that is to be expect though, Margrets class mate is bullied for being matured and it really delt with an honest look at how young girls look at themselves. The struggle for margret to find who she is in terms of spirituality was fasinating to read. Marget dealing with growing up in more ways then one, Love this a classic. The ending was very.. original. very educational. if you haven't read this you need too.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

as a kid i say

i think this book is a great way to tell your daughters about puberty in a less confusing,complicated way.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynon-bully102301 August 9, 2012

Boy OFF LIMITS!!!

Let You girl know that she can talk about anything in the book!!!!!!!Margret does go religes~!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Dear God, Its Me Controversial

Dear God, Its Me Margaret is a classic, coming of age tale that every girl should read at some point. When realeased, this book was considered controversial for all of the talk of growing up. But society has gotten over it and now it is read by almost every generation of girls.I reccomend this book for tweens and up.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2012

Best Ever

This book is FANTASTIC!!!! One of my friends mom had read it as a young teen and just adored it. When I found that out and saw her daughter reading it I was a bit curious. She (being the daughter) told me that she had read it multiple times and still loves it. I read it and even got my mom to buy it for me because of how much I love it!!!!! I could read it every day if I wanted!!! Its a book that you can spend a long time reading or you can read it in about 3 hours!!! I LOVE "Are You There GOD, Its Me Margaret
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2012

AWESOME

it is a relly good book so far
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover February 17, 2012

can't think of a good title

Well there are some things about bras and periods but the whole thing is about growing up.......it makes puberty easier to handle and to understand.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

I'm with ya, Margaret!

I read this book in fourth grade. It was really great!
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2011

WOW!

REALLY GOOD! A bit too mature though for under 11. At my local libraries, it is in "Junior Fiction". Personally, I think this is wrong. BUT REALLY, REALLY GOOD!
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2011

Not the best role models

This book is one of my favorites. What really makes me worry, is that if a Primary grade reads this thye might think a bit Dirty. Nancy lies several times, Margaret sneaks a Playboy, and playing two minutes in the closet is not okay. I read this at age 10 but, I think 11+ would be better. It also wasn't okay to say you don't believe in god. What is good about this book, is that it teachs females about growing up. I wouldn't reccomend males reading this because it teaches them woman puberty.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2011

Good Book!

Great coming of age book!
Teen, 15 years old Written byvsquadcheer March 7, 2011

So cute

This is a really good book, and was one of my favorites growing up.
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2011

Absolutely love it! Positive message, good role models, educational.

I loved this book! One of my parents bought this for me, along with TTYL. It is a positive and educational book, and shows a basic cycle of what a pre-teen would go through. This older dated read still seems like the life you would live now. I recommend to everyone.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

Fantastic book for tweens!

This is a really good book for tweens since I'm sure almost all pre teens can relate to margaret. I would definitely encourage all girl tweens to read this because even though this book was written a long time ago it is much like a 10/11/12 year old girls life. It's educational, has great messages and good role models too. My only concern is there is some sexual content. Margaret and her friends look at a her dad's Playboy magazine, they play 2 minutes in a closet at a b-day party, gossip about one girl in the class with big breasts. They also talk about wearing bras, getting their period, boys they have crushes on and sizes of breasts yes the book is based on puberty and all that but it's an amazing book!
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2010

Great for tweens!

AWESOME!!
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2009

Totally for tweens!

I good book. Fun to ready and funny
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2009
I love the book. Judy Blume Rocks!
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2009

Amazing Book

Great book I read it when I was 9 and thought the author did a really great job making it realistic. I think it is a great book for ages 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2009

tweens will love it

i love this book its funny and very good. I would recomed this book for 10 up.