All member reviews for Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.

Classic coming-of-age story rings true decades later.

Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

Go Margaret!

This is a good book if your child has had "the talk". It is all about that kind of stuff but is a great book. I loved it.
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2013

WOW!

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. is a really great book that realistically takes girls through the ups and downs of growing up. Unlike most Judy Blume books, there is no cursing in this book. However, there is a bit of a detailed description when Margaret gets her period, and about how she sneaks to the store and buys some tampons. Every girl will relate to Margaret and her hilarious friends looking at the male anatomy system and Playboy magazines. Before a program at school, a friend passes Margaret a note stating, "Well, here we go! The big deal sex talk!" I liked the book because it explained some things I needed to know about but didn't want to say to my mom. This is a book parents and tween girls should depend on.
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Here comes Blume with another amazing ( and honest) book!

I loved this book! A classic indeed! It did have referances to things like Playboy magazine and other things that alter the way young girls look at themselves, that is to be expect though, Margrets class mate is bullied for being matured and it really delt with an honest look at how young girls look at themselves. The struggle for margret to find who she is in terms of spirituality was fasinating to read. Marget dealing with growing up in more ways then one, Love this a classic. The ending was very.. original. very educational. if you haven't read this you need too.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2012

as a kid i say

i think this book is a great way to tell your daughters about puberty in a less confusing,complicated way.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynon-bully102301 August 9, 2012

Boy OFF LIMITS!!!

Let You girl know that she can talk about anything in the book!!!!!!!Margret does go religes~!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Dear god its me maragret

This classic tale, Dear God Its Me Margaret is a book that all girls 11 and up should read. NOT under 11. Becuase of what you learn in this book and the language you read. It is highly recomended that your children already know what most girl language. It explains the gilr language in the book. It is a very good book other wise. This book is one to read. Everyones got to grow up at some point! ( BOYS SHOULD NOT READ THIS)
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Dear God, Its Me Controversial

Dear God, Its Me Margaret is a classic, coming of age tale that every girl should read at some point. When realeased, this book was considered controversial for all of the talk of growing up. But society has gotten over it and now it is read by almost every generation of girls.I reccomend this book for tweens and up.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2012

Best Ever

This book is FANTASTIC!!!! One of my friends mom had read it as a young teen and just adored it. When I found that out and saw her daughter reading it I was a bit curious. She (being the daughter) told me that she had read it multiple times and still loves it. I read it and even got my mom to buy it for me because of how much I love it!!!!! I could read it every day if I wanted!!! Its a book that you can spend a long time reading or you can read it in about 3 hours!!! I LOVE "Are You There GOD, Its Me Margaret
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2012

AWESOME

it is a relly good book so far
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover February 17, 2012

can't think of a good title

Well there are some things about bras and periods but the whole thing is about growing up.......it makes puberty easier to handle and to understand.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

I'm with ya, Margaret!

I read this book in fourth grade. It was really great!
Kid, 9 years old October 19, 2011

Not Read Yet

Myself, I haven't read it, but my friend is and she says it is amzing , and I get to read it after her!
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2011

WOW!

REALLY GOOD! A bit too mature though for under 11. At my local libraries, it is in "Junior Fiction". Personally, I think this is wrong. BUT REALLY, REALLY GOOD!
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Loved it!!

I loved this book!! It made me realize I'm not weird and that other girls think about that kind of stuff too and that I'm not the only one. I could really relate to Margaret about not feeling comftorable in your body, because I am tall I'm 11 and almost 5'5 and you would think I would be more developed and have bigger breasts than girls my age who are shorter but I dont ( I'm not the most under developed girl but I'm certainly not the most) so I could really relate about the bra stuffing. I couldn't relate as much with the period stuff because I had my first period last month, yes I'm different my breast aren't very devolped but I had my period yep I'm a strange one. I think every girl should read this before 6th grade I suggestie 5th because 6th is when you go through a lot of changes. Great book i loved it :) really simple and easy to read.
Kid, 10 years old May 9, 2011

Not the best role models

This book is one of my favorites. What really makes me worry, is that if a Primary grade reads this thye might think a bit Dirty. Nancy lies several times, Margaret sneaks a Playboy, and playing two minutes in the closet is not okay. I read this at age 10 but, I think 11+ would be better. It also wasn't okay to say you don't believe in god. What is good about this book, is that it teachs females about growing up. I wouldn't reccomend males reading this because it teaches them woman puberty.
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2011

good for people looking for the right amount of spark

i think its a good book with lots of ups and downs
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2011

Absolutely love it! Positive message, good role models, educational.

I loved this book! One of my parents bought this for me, along with TTYL. It is a positive and educational book, and shows a basic cycle of what a pre-teen would go through. This older dated read still seems like the life you would live now. I recommend to everyone.
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2009

Amazing Book

Great book I read it when I was 9 and thought the author did a really great job making it realistic. I think it is a great book for ages 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmc_kitties January 12, 2009

Awesome!!!

I was actually dared to read this book!!! Since it discusses Margaret stuffing her bra, playing a kissing game with her friends, having crushes comparing bra sizes with her buddies and getting her first period I would say 10 and up since it was when i read the book. Most definently a girl book!

Great for girls' ages 10-12

This is a great book for girls in fifth through seventh grade because it can teach girls about things they didnt know.