All member reviews for Artemis Fowl Book 3: The Eternity Code

Best Review Ever

best book ever
Teen, 15 years old Written bybrycez March 28, 2010

cool fantasy book

great fantasy story with cool action and science fiction lore
Teen, 14 years old Written byCP3bigplay December 31, 2009

The main character, Artemis Fowl II, is a criminal mastermind. There is also some fighting between the LEP and the Mud People. The author, Eoin Colfer, does a good job of keeping the language appropriate for readers of all ages, I think. When an LEP fairy "swares," he puts it in fairy language so we don't have any idea what it really means. The whole series is fun to read and I think anyone can read it starting around ages 8-10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBling Lilman October 26, 2009

ONLY BOOK I LIKED!

it was a pretty beast book Artemis was a bad person but is now helping out. I LOVE THIS BOOOK! IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I COULD GET INTO AND KEEP READING!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 27, 2011

Pretty good

Im on book 4 of Artemis Fowl right now, and in my oppinion, The Eternity Code was actually one of the best. There is some violence like a sonic bomb, shooting (one man gets a critical wound) and stuff like that (oh yes, one mans thumb gets cut off bloodlessly), but not too bad.The words d**n, oh my God and he!! are used a couple times. The main character, Artemis Fowl, is a criminal and always has a sneaky plan up his sleeve, but starts becoming a better person after his adventures with the fairy People. A cast of likeable characters and great story and adventure make this a great read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaynieSkywalker March 20, 2011

e.g. Perfect for kids 10 or 11 and up they will absolutely love

I personly like the series sometimes your children might run into some tough words but their easy to get in a snap. well its true Artemis isn't the best role model but you can find a different character for your role model like Holly Short, or Juliet Butler, Butler's little sister with the same dream that is following her brothers foot steps
Kid, 7 years old December 13, 2010

New Great Book

I love it. All of the Artemis Fowl books (I haven't read all of them, but I have gotten through book 5) are interesting. My favorite part is when he explains the tiny computer -- I think it's a pretty cool design. Basically, what I am getting at is: read the books!
Parent of a 16 year old Written byahcim3 October 1, 2009

awesome for 8 and up

until i read enders game this was my personal favorite, colfer combines a believable character that will always solve his own problems, with his own brilliant writing skill to a clearly noteworthy book i would recommend to anyone and everyone

You must read this!

I have read almost all the book in the series and I have to this this is the most heart wrenching book I have ever read!The author brings you so much into the book that after a while its just like watch a movie! Mr.Colfer does a wonderful job describing objects, feelings, and situations, you feel like you've known Artemis your whole life! It just like a fiary tale but a little more violent and for kids about 9 and up, depending on the kid. Once you read the first one you'll be adiccited!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhedge9 April 9, 2008

Great from beginning to end

Violent for a book in the age range...but excellent read! Suspenseful and emotional, and the action is consistent and non-stop. I say, this is a must read, as well as the rest of the Artemis Fowl books!
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2014

Awesome Book

I picked this book up even though it was not first in series and was instantly hooked. Its clean except for 1 made up curse. Not a ton of violence but there is almost no gore.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2013

Good,but some bad words

Artemis fowl is a GREAT book for kids fifth graders and up. Unfornately, there is some bad words like this made-up cuss word called "D,arvit". On the first Aetemis fowl book, it said that it was censcored. Other than that,its a really good book.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2012

My Favorite

I LOVE ARTEMIS!
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2012

Artemis Fowl- Revealed Acuratly

This book wa reccommened to me by a friend and when I got it from thi library I couldn't stop listening! I love books on audio tape and cd, so I really enjoyed the british/american/irish/sctottish accents the narrrator put on. It was so much fun. Another thing is that in the review above, I do not feel that Artemis is be acuratly portrayed. One aspect that I particulary liked about the book series, was that Artemis eventually changed from being an evil criminal/genious, to a caring genious friend. It was a really nice and admirable change to see- in a cool, and very mysterious way!
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

One of the best books I have ever read!!!

I just have to say this is one of the best books I have ever read in my whole life. And that is saying a lot, because I must've read at least a couple thousand in my life. This book is hilarious, and has tons of action. At the end, it seems like there is no way for Artemis to win, but of course he always does. The characters fully developed, and although Artemis is a criminal, I guess you could say he's a criminal with a conscience. At the end of the series, you can''t even tell he's a criminal, except that he's so smart. This book has pretty advanced vocabulary, but not so much that you can't tell what they're talking about. Also, when the fairies swear they put it in fairy language so it's not really bad language because you don't really know what they're saying. I highly recommend this book!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2011

Hilarious, with especially impressive characters.

By far one of my favorite Artemis Fowl books! Unfortunately, I've only read this one once, but I remember it clearly for it's humor and amazing plot. While it may be confusing for anyone who hasn't read the books before it, (equally amusing) the book is a welcome addition to the series. Spiro is among one of my favorite antagonists, and I am still hoping for an appearance in the eighth book! (I still chuckle whenever I remember his taunts towards Artemis's name.) However, as a devoted Artemis Fowl fan, I'm a bit confused as to how the action could be labeled "cartoony." The protagonists (whether human or fairy) are intelligent and inventive, thus their creation of sophisticated weapons. Foaly himself would probably prefer "innovative" or "visionary" than cartoony, but I might just be being a bit stingy with that.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEliasador February 25, 2011

One of my favorite books of all time!!!!!

What can I say? Everything about it is BRILLIANT. While Artemis is not the best role model, the whole series is about him turning into a good person under the positive influences of his family and Holly. It is so funny I just read it over and over. The ways Artemis solves all his problems are genius.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm115 December 11, 2010

CANT WAIT!!!! :D

i haven't read any of the books in this series but after looking at some reviews im very exited to start and i know that this is a great series and i know that it is good literature and im just really looking forward to reading about a teenage evil genius
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2010

Gotta Mind?

Enjoyable for clidren, Its just the Vocaubulary
Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo 6 July 18, 2010

L111111111111

THE BEST BOOK OF THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!