All teen and kid member reviews for Artemis Fowl Book 4: The Opal Deception

Teen, 13 years old Written byLaynieSkywalker March 20, 2011

e.g. some readers will love but not all

Opal deception may be violent at some points but not all. Holly and Artemis have to work together even if they're Archenemies. Opal is after her enemy Artemis Fowl and Holly Short tries to save him but she herself gets stuck with Artemis and Mulch Diggums. Its a race to stay alive and to keep away from Opal and her little helpers
Teen, 13 years old Written byavidcritc April 9, 2008

a relief

this book was such a relief. it had seemed like artemis fowl would end as a trilogy, and the end of book three made everything that had happened until then seem utterly pointless. i kinda liked that arty was off balance most of the book- it made him more human, and he had to come up with things on the spur of the moment. he also develops a surprising sense of humor (always a plus). all in all, a great book. the only thing is, when he's coming up with and even implementing his secret plans, you don't know any more about them than the villains. it can really be kind of irritating.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Artemis Fowl-A must reader[so is pendagon]

Did you actully think a mind wipe was the end of Artemis Fowl? Well, your wrong! What will happen to Artemis? Will he get his memories back?Find out!

Must Read Book!!!

Its awsome. read it and you'll want to do it again.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 23, 2010

..................................

Please don't call this series "fun". It's epic.

awesome

it's longer, more action action-packed(yay) than it's awesome sequals! a must read
Teen, 17 years old Written byArtemisFreak April 9, 2008

Criminally Good!

This book really is brilliant. The mixture of humour, action, intelligence, excitement, and the sheer need to know what happens next combine to make a great book! I cant wait for the next in the series. For anyone else that enjoyed this book, I suggest you check out http://www.fangathering.com. It is a fantastic Artemis fansite, with info, news about the movie, games, fanart, forums etc. for Artemis fans!

This is a book I must say!!!

Well this dosen't reach to my love of books since I love big books like the lightning theif and Eragon, and Eldest. Anyway it is good since it reached up to 4 stars!! Annyways I actually got into the book which I don't usaully do so I like it!! I kinda picked the wrong book since I haven't read the first. The part about Julius Root was kinda wierd but very sad to the Artemis Fowl fans.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2010

Well... kinda confused, here.

At times, Artemis is good, but he IS a master criminal... so i'm not sure what to mark! =-P

Best Ever!

I couldn't put it down! An imaginative plot swirled with beautifully made charachters makes it enjoyable.Artemis, Holly, Butler, and Mulch reached a new high in this addicting read.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

One of my favourite series.

This book is really good, funny, exciting, and smart. Very compelling story.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhalo 6 July 18, 2010

a good read for all ages

a great read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byqueezle_djinni_lover April 9, 2008

Best yet of the Artemis Fowl series, a must read for Arty and Holly lovers!

This is a brilliant book, really! Colfer's best one yet! It's very in-depth, action-packed, and all the other hyphenated words I can think of.. forty-two? lol. Just kidding. I did find a few parts to my dislike, the Julius Root incident, for one, and the troll scene was icky. I don't like trolls. But other than that, I like the book. The audio book is even better, I might add. I am also glad that chocolate truffles played a major role in The Opal Deception. lol.
Teen, 13 years old Written byeowyn April 9, 2008

The series has renewd its greatness.

I must say, getting hooked on this was no harder then getting hooked on the other Artemis Fowl books. Opal Koboi's return started the come back of this series. As a bonus, another rollercoaster plot with suprising twists awaits fans of the series. I tip my hat to the author for such plot-making talent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaribel April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byblackbeltgirl November 12, 2013

Loved it!

Just finished this book yesterday and loved it!! The book should still make sense if you read it before the others, but I definitely suggest reading the books in order. In the book, Opal is hungry for revenge and seeks to kill her old enemies so obviously some violence take place. Nothing too gruesome though and nothing graphic. After a bomb explodes, one major character disintegrates. Two bio-bombs are detonated, though neither reaches its target. Trolls are trolls (which, for those of you new to the series, means destroying everything in their paths). Overall, the book is amazing and I'll likely be reading it again.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasper April 9, 2008

Yay! Another success!

I've been following this series as it has evolved and must admit, even though it is not a great series, this particular book in it I have found great. It was a little past-paced, yes. More violent and grim than the others, yes. The plot is twisted and smart, yes! What happened to Root was, I admit, a fantastic turn for the series. I know, it was depressing, but it helped the series a lot. Apart from that, I have always found this series hilarious and possibly always will. The witty sense of Foaly's humor will keep you smiling and laughing. Some of the humorous phrases in this book will keep you content and not grim during the whole time. Recommended for most ages, just not anyone under ten.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnsle May 18, 2013

Amazing book

In the world of Artemis Fowl nothing is quite as it seams. His brilliant and dangerous enemy, Opal Koboiis back. Artemis has no memory of the fairy people and has returned to his unlawful ways. He is preparing to steal a famous painting from a German bank, having no idea that Opal, has escaped from prison. Now free Opal is exacting her revenge on all those who put her there, including Artemis. Meanwhile in the Lower Elements, Opal has planted a trap for Captain Holly Short and Commander Root of the LEPrechon fairy police. Faced with a world he does not believe in, Artemis may have finally been outsmarted. . . I loved this book and the whole series i wiuld recomend the series to everyone.
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2012

It's not good... it's awesome!

This is a great book! I love artemis fowl books. But I hated that Julius died. He was funny. I also like that artemis interacts a lot more. He is forced into action and surprises. This helps him be a better person.