All member reviews for Beastly

Contemporary Beauty-Beast tale curses shallow rich kid.

Teen, 14 years old Written byZarah March 1, 2011

Read the book before you see the movie!

I recommend this book to anyone who loves FairyTails! I love the modern-day twist it puts on Beauty & the Beast! Plus it has the positive message that it's whats on the inside that counts & not what the person looks like :)
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

based on from what i've seen it seems good
Teen, 15 years old Written bystarryblue March 13, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byshannLouise June 3, 2011

the booook was AWSOMEE.

the book was amazing i never wanted to put it down! it was really sweet and descriptive i watched the film staright after the book wow they are amazing...
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2011

My friend I'd reading it( I'm in 5th grade) I plan to read it next she has showed my some parts that she thought were funny
Teen, 15 years old Written bybrycez March 28, 2010

great book

good book for someone looking for slightly romantic yet drama book.
Written byAnonymous March 22, 2014

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK!

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2012

AMAZING STORY! Some innappropriate parts though.

Beastly is a really good book! It is a modern twist of Beauty and the Beast and takes place in New York. I think it is a pause for kids 13 and under because they use some bad words a couple of times, and not so much this one, but they kiss and talk a little about sex. If you are concerned about these parts, you should talk to your child about it. I am a mature 12 year old and I am reading it and these parts don't affect me, but some kids in my grade are more immature. These scenes are not the main focus though. It has a really good positive message. It shows that beauty comes from within. In the beginning of the book, Kyle is a real jerk and finds pleasure in making other people sad. He is one of the popular kids in his school just because he is handsome and has a lot of money. Throughout the book, he learns about true love and he learns that it doesn't matter how much money you have or how you look (your physical appearance. It is what is on the inside that matters. Overall, it is a really good book! If you like this book, you should read A Kiss In Time also by Alex Flinn. It is a modern twist on Sleeping Beauty. I personally don't think it has as much bad language parts so you should try it. You should watch this book before you see the movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byNightsflower December 22, 2011

Perfect love story

I thought it was an enjoyable read. Sometimes I know exactly how the characters felt.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFutureCritic July 23, 2011

B-b-b-BORINNGGG

This book sucked. And I mean, reallllllly sucked. My mom and I read it at the same time. The characters weren't likeable, the romance non believeable, and Lindy was too ideal. Ideal characters ARE BORING! I probably wouldn't have finished this if my mom wasn't reading it with me.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2011

hi i am reading the book now i borrowed it from a friend. it isn't hard to read and i pretty much understand everything they're talking about. there is a lot of sex and i mean a lot! Kyle is a snobby rich boy but the farther in the book he realizes the beauty in life :) there is a good message hidden under a lot of bad ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKaraKake April 15, 2011

Beastly: The Book for 12-15 years of Age

Well for myself I loved this book! I was hooked on it beginning to end. I finished the book in about 3 hours. With about 2 or 3 breaks in between. With this book only haveing 308 pages in it, it leaves you wanting more from it. I would defentily recommend this book to a friend. I love the book. Probably one of the best I have ever read. There is very little Sexual activity, and Drugs, Alchol, etc. used in this book. Therefore I loved every page of it!
Teen, 13 years old Written by101avery1 February 25, 2011

Romance Book for Teens!

I think this book is a great book for teens who love romance! It gives a romantic modern day take on the Disney Movie, Beauty and the Beast. Not for ages under 13, with inapprorite language and some sexual situations. But either way this is a great book!(:
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

Amazing Book!

I love it ever since my mom gave me the book! It's for more mature kids but it's an amazing book and I recommend it to all readers 10 and up who are mature!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byh8rPatrol December 21, 2010

Awesome Book!

This book was a great story, the author manged to have two teenagers filled with lust keep their hands off each other and still be in love. I can't wait for the movie!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2010

This book is the best book of 2009 and 2010, nothing rude except some swearing that i'm sure most kids already know not to repeat. So 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilighted8 December 14, 2014

I loved it!

I read this book when I was 11. While this book has a lot of sex and language, you can probably get past that because it is an incredible story.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdri97 March 25, 2014

Loved this book!

I got this book when I was about 11 years old and absolutely fell in love with it. I'm 16 now and have lost count of how many times I have read it. This is definitely a young teen to teen book. There isn't a lot of sex but little hints and suggestions of it. Definite violence though. There is the mention of drugs and sexual abuse to. Its not a graphic novel but the author dose go into descriptive detail about Kyle's (later known as Adrian) transformation. And when a stranger breaks into his garden he starts acting like an animal. Threatening to drop the intruder out of the 5th story window onto the NYC pavement. This an an overall good book that showed me true love isn't based on looks but what is on the inside. Looks are like a dog rose. It may look pretty but it either has no smell or smells horrible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 April 19, 2013

Beastly

Beastly is a really good book, I really enjoyed it! It was fun hearing the story from the Beast's point of view, and I actually found it easy to like him after he turns good. It was a very good read and I highly recommend it.
Kid, 10 years old March 15, 2012