All member reviews for Because of Winn-Dixie

This poignant novel is one of the best around.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 14, 2010

A great book to share with a tween.

I haven't read this book for a while, but I remember it's a sweet read and Opal's a great character.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

Very, very good book!

I love this book! I was really sad when I was done reading it. It's about a girl who finds a dog in the supermarket and names him Winn-Dixie. He helps her find alot of friends but theres a whole other point to the story. You have to read it!
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2010

my favorite book

great book.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2009

great book, easy to read.

the book is good and is very simple to read.
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2009

don"t read if yonger than 9

it is a very nice book i incerig you to read this book
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2009

AWSOME

This is one of my favorite books of all time and i totally recomend it to anyone who loves a good read.It is almost as good as Twilight and thats hard to do.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2009

the bad bad tin

onec a pound a time the end
Teen, 14 years old Written byDappled_Dag April 5, 2009
Kid, 9 years old March 11, 2009

i need to read chapter 6-10

Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2008

Great Story!

Another great book by Kate. She is a really talented author I think.Her two other books I read The Tiger Rising and The Tale of Desperauex are also good books. I recomend this book for everyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydani2112 November 18, 2008

Yes yes yes!

Great book to read! Amazing. Actually all of Kate DiCamilo's books are amazing. I've read them all but like two. They are great and fun to read. So get to readin.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylindsey23 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bykiwiloves808 April 9, 2008

I only read half the book but,

i loved that half of it. i just went to my school's library and picked that book to read the rest of. It was inspirational and i loved the movie.

If you haven't read it, READ IT NOW!

I loooooove this book! I saw the movie with my sixth grade class, and it is just like the book. India Opal moves to a new town, and she has no friends. Then, in the Winn-Dixie Supermarket, she sees a stray dog running around and just as the manager is about to call the pound, Opal says the dog is hers. She takes the dog in, and her social life improves. Many people in this book act nicely, except for the Dewberry boys that pick on Opal because they like her. The book is great for younger kids who are looking to read a classic.

Loved It!

I read this book in 1.5 hours. Love the book. A must-read book for everyone 7 and up. Loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysunflowerscatsbooks April 9, 2008

I LOVED THIS!!!!!!

This was a great book! I loved it! It is great for people of all ages! I so recommend this book with a great message about friendship.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymightymouse_66 April 9, 2008

All In All A Great Book!

This is a heart warming tale of a girl and the dog she loves. I would recomend this book to anyone who loves animals.

i felt bad

I felt bad when india started talking about how her mom abandoned her.I also think that abandoning a child is violent.If i ever become a mother, no matter how bad my child is i would abandom him or her.my favorite character was winn dixie.I liked his characteristics.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamenzel@epix.net April 9, 2008

A real tear-jerker for us sensitives!

Because of Winn-Dixie is really a delightful book. It was just perfect for me to read. I admired the display of what true friendship is. I most certainly learned life lessons like do not be judgemental and accept what you have. For a simple book it has great deeper meaning.