All member reviews for Bliss

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN April 3, 2011

Failed attempt at horror only leads to gruesome and disgusting descriptions.

This is not the type of writing you'd expect from Lauren Myracle if you've read her other books. It was much too dark in a very weird way for me to truly be interested. There are a few words used, but the main word was the N word; although this book was set back in time where there was an abundance of hippies, Charles Manson was murdering people (described quite gruesomely), and African American people were still being mistreated because of their color. Myracle, as I understand, wrote this as a horror story, but I wasn't scared. I was just extremely grossed out... a lot. Sandy's obsessions of blood offerings, possessive habits and such were a little much, and the main character of this story realizes the girl needs help but just shrugs it off instead of telling someone. I mean seriously? No normal person would do that! Which leads me to believe that Bliss is also a little mixed up in the head. If you like being disgusted then read this story. If not... then definitely don't read this. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate February 28, 2011

Good for mature readers

This book was very original and creative. Although it may be disturbing if you don't have a stomach for horror, I thought that it was very interesting. The way that Sandy is portrayed is as a bad role model from the beginning, so I doubt that anyone's gonna want to be like her. Communes are talked about a lot, and parents may not like that.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFearlessmaster August 7, 2011

Sick, Creepy and Average.

This "thriller" is anything but thrilling. Good at some parts but overlong in general, this book is average at best.
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Loved it!!!

This book is awesome!! The only thing i was concerned about was the racism-Bliss's friend's dad is VERY racist and uses the n-word several times and language. Other than that, awesome for kids 11 and up!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHispanicShewolf April 3, 2011

It was ok..i just wish Bliss stood up to her friend more
Teen, 15 years old Written byTim36 July 25, 2010

Who should and shouldn't read this book and why.

i think this book was very good slow to start but once they begin the school; year in the book u wont want o put it down but i dont believe kids who are'nt mature should read this. overall i loved it and i'm glad it wasnt one of the uasual good conquers evil or fairy tell ending it was a down to earth ending that onl people who understand the true nature it gives will understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylatina13 June 14, 2010

perfect for teenagers, but not for tweens they might not understand it. but if they want 2 then go ahead. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Teen, 15 years old Written byRissa1994 April 3, 2010

Amazing book! Good for kids who are in ninth grade and up.

Love it! I couldn't beleive Lauren Myracle would right a book like this... It so much unlike her other ones. It was creepy and funny at the same time. You should be 14 or older. It educates people on racism and how it is wrong. It also puts some histrical events in it. Also qoutes of different things that make you think. IDK why that person gave it a 1 star! It so much more than that! Sheez! This book was amazing!
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2009

Boring . . . ZZZ. . .

I was disappointed because Lauren Myracle usually writes good books, but I was unimpressed with this one. Try Kissing Kate. It was pretty gross and not that thrilling, and everyone is racist, they use the N-word a million times and a father won't let her date a boy because he is a "n----r".
Teen, 13 years old Written bybam.its.justin September 2, 2009

GREATTT!!!

I loved this book, it is amazing. There is something about it that just grabbed me in from the start. It rocked. 13+