All parent member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Adult Written byeidasreglob June 29, 2009

a little iffy for tweens, 12-14 still a little tiny bit iffy,15+ perfect.

I liked this book, it was as good as the rest. I don't, however, think it needs all the gore as part of the birth scene. Otherwise, i give it a thumbs up for ages 14+.
Parent of a 11 and 19 year old Written byrainydayqueen June 19, 2009

SUCKED!!!! DISCRACE TO ALL VAMPIRE STORIES!!!!

This book is SO inapropriate.The birthing of Renessmee was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too discriptive and Jacob is perverted, he "imprinted" on a baby, and still tried to date Isabella even after she was married.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTxLibrarianMom May 14, 2009

This is why I read books! :-)

I loved _Breaking Dawn_. I love the fact that Stephenie Meyer did not kill off everyone who caused a "complication" and told the story at a leisurely pace. The reason I read books (over and over sometimes) is to really experience life as the characters. I felt that Stephenie Meyer ended the book beautifully for all of us who relate to Bella (and that is ALL of us, right?) The book unfolded as our lives often do--not as we expect--but BETTER! :-)
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bychouchou May 11, 2009

Definatly appropriate for 10 year olds!

I read it and my friends children have read it and loved it, so you know what it is appropriate!
Adult Written bycgbrown April 22, 2009

Beautiful Story!!!!

A beautiful story that is not sloopily written. it does include somethings some parents would not approve of but I am 11 and read the whole series and din't have any problems understanding it. A MUST READ!!!!!! (but read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse first!!!)
Educator Written byEnglish teacher April 18, 2009

More of the same--you just can't get enough junk food

Ah, the end of the Twilight series. Like eating junk food, it's not good for us but it sure is fun, and we just can't stop. Book 4 was fairly satisfying, in tying up loose ends. I don't think this author is sophisticated enough NOT to leave us satisfied. It has the same strengths and weaknesses as the first three books: foreplay is well described, and still very much G-rated; plot lines are predictable; the grammar is horrid. You'd think by the fourth book, she'd have enough advisers on her team to come up with decent names for the newest member of the Cullen family.
Adult Written byCoffeeTable March 9, 2009

Why does everyone seem to love Twilight?

This is a good series. It has brought many people (adults and teens) who do not normally read, to read 4 whole books. Which are not exactly on the small side either. I believe that since Stephanie Meyer is such a new writer, there is no expectation, no formality that you find in other books, and it is such a simple plot that it doesn’t take the 100% brain power that some other books require you to use in order to read. Not to say that those books are bad, but this is such a good book to introduce people into reading and slowly integrate in other books. This specific book rotates around sex and the pregnancy. I wouldn’t recommend it for ages less than 14.
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009

Deux Ex Machina Ending

The ending was so unrealistic! The characters didn't have to solve their own problems, which always makes for a disappointing ending for a book. I also feel very uncomfortable with the idea of imprinting, which essentially decides two people's futures based entirely on chance. That is the most depressing thing I can imagine. This is my least favorite book in this series.
Adult Written bylienhuong February 18, 2009

Adult Written bykrazyskaterchick November 21, 2008
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydenisetx November 19, 2008

I loved it

I am a parent and when my daughter, who is 13, wanted to go see the movie I decided I better read Twilight so I would get an idea of what we were in store for. I couldn't put it down. I read all four novels in a week and I work full time. Breaking Dawn brought it all together and tied it up with a ribbon. I don't believe after becoming attached to these characters I could have stood to have any of them die. The problem of choosing between two people was solved for Bella and yes it may have been a little too sweet for realists but I don't read fiction to be too close to the real world anyway. I get too much of that. Why not let yourself be in a good place for a time. I loved the way Mrs. Meyer wove together a story that is now one of my favorites. I do think this is the kind of book you would either like or dislike though. I have to say again I loved it and will re read it over and over. This series will be with my collection which includes Gone with the Wind, Lord of the Rings and all the Harry Potter books. If I want realism I will watch the news. I highly reccomend this series to anyone who wants to experience real emotions and enjoys a good read.