Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Adult Written byAna T. April 22, 2017
I think that 11 years old are mature enough to understand this book. My kid read it at 10 and she adored. I read it to it's a great book.

Adult Written byBeekmantown April 7, 2016

Garbage

Adult Written byAmslovesgod February 13, 2016

Ending that is just strange

Ok so this is for older readers and not a kid book. There is multiple times the main characters have sex which also leads to pregnancy ( though the characters are married) this leads to a soul mate connection between a young adult and new born. There is talk of fighting but none really happens. There is a birthing part that is very descriptive so be cautious.

Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015

Parent of a 2 and 14 year old Written bybugmenot April 6, 2015

Stupid beyond stupid!

A stupid story with stupid characters. Bella, an airheaded teenybopper, falls in love. OK, fair enough. But her love interest is a freakin' vampire! Not a person! It's basically "Beauty and the Beast" of 2010's, only with more consequences for the poor young woman. She almost dies in birth, for crying out loud. [sarcasm]But hey, at least give them credit for getting married before having sex.[/sarcasm] This book teaches everything wrong. It tells young girls that it's OK to fall in love with someone who could be dangerous to you, just because you "love him". We have enough abusive relationships in our society as it is, and don't need this garbage adding fuel to the fire. I'm just glad the vampire fad is on the way out, after having its heyday a few years ago. All in all, I recommend it. If the lights go out in your house, and your fireplace is woodburning, you'll need *something* to kindle the fire, right?

Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymolly2568 October 1, 2014

Not what you would expect

Most people avoid having their kids read this saga because they think it has too much sexy stuff. Really the only part parents should be cautious about is the birth scene, where bella breaks her spine, and there are a lot of gory details.

Adult Written bybookmom101 May 5, 2014

if you know them...trust them

I read the book and thought it was a great ending for the story! I decided that since I know my twins I'd let them read it when they were twelve. I didn't decide that just because I trust them, but because the sex part is certainly mild and I focused more on the positive message given through the rest of the book, NEVER GIVE UP ON FAMILY! Bella sets her mind on protecting no matter what her daughter Reneesme and I think that's great. I believe that the"love" parts are nothing to worry about. The sex part doesn't show much, at the end a bit of broken furniture and a few bruises on Bella because of Edward's strength. Also, for the violence part, the most gory is the birth scene it's a little bit, but nothing to worry about, discriptive with a few broken bones. If you know your kid I think they can read it as a tween.

Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byBonna May 22, 2012

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn is the fourth installment in the Twilight Series. It contains violence and sexual content.

Adult Written byGranny reader March 26, 2012

Granny reader's thoughts on Breaking Dawn.

My children hated this book! I read this book to my 4 year old grandson. My grandson was very frightened at the sexual behavior, and asked me what i meant... i give this book 1 star of rating, it just sucked... "pun intended." I have been growing old and weary, and i am wondering what has happened to our society?! My oh my Stephenie Meyer, what are we to do about this?

Adult Written bystephieb87 October 7, 2011

grrrr

Ok if you even bothered to read the books you would know Jacob DID NOT fall in love with an infant what happened was called imprinting there is a large difference more than a little strange but you people are acting like she is portraying him as a pedophile. you should probably read the books... Bella did not quit school actually there was a party thrown for her graduating.The books were meant for older teens to adults. If your letting your children read them that's your fault and not the fault of the writers. It's one thing if you just didn't like the books ok understandable but it seems like some people are twisting things around for them to better suit their meaning and to make some of their negative comments make more sense. Sorry so long no disrespect intended thanks for your time.

Adult Written byTwibeliever October 5, 2011

Chivalry is alive and well (IN Forks)

This is truly the best love-story I have ever read. Any girl in this day and age should feel lucky to meet a boy like Edward Cullen.Marry me first! Wow!

Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy September 2, 2011

Adult Written byon2it June 13, 2011

yeah buddy

i think its da shiznit all day :)
Adult Written byfazra June 11, 2011

breaking doawn

it looks like a movie for 12a but really its not for kids from10 years and under so parents think twice about which child your taking.

Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Age 15

Adult Written bybookwolf May 12, 2011

Want some advice on Breaking Dawn?

I loved it, and if you have kids who want to read it but you're not sure, here's some advice: Read it before them. If your kid(s) are fairly mature, they should be able to handle it. Right before the birth part, take the book and skip ahead a few pages until you think there're at a better part. It helps a lot, but then you should just fill them in in minor detail so the don't get confused later.

Adult Written bynghia April 14, 2011
Parent of a 9, 12, 14, and 18+ year old Written bySusan R. March 21, 2011

Save the trees!

Bella, who gets everything she wants, still hates her life and complains incessantly. She gets to marry Edward and have s-e-x. Her husband is rich and will buy South America for her if she asks. They have an amazingly wonderful baby. Then she becomes a vampire and is stunningly beautiful and powerful. Then there is a battle between a bubble and some fog. A teenage boy with no education, job, or future falls in love with an infant. The End. Don't read this drivel, even if your kids are reluctant readers. Just as it's better for a kid to eat a PB&J than pork rinds soaked in vodka, it's better for them to read the back of a cereal box than read Breaking Dawn.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byliberrychic March 3, 2011

Great for adults and OLDER teens.

I loved it, but I have not let my daughter read it. She has read the other three, but I feel this particular book has too much maturity for her. There is quite a bit of detail about the honeymoon, childbirth, and marital attraction. I will have to view the movie first and then decide if it will be appropriate for her to watch.