All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2012

Best one

Ya, there is sex, not described, birth scene is..... Disturbing, great book though, (spoiler) when Bella turns into a vampire, it was awesome, usually that would have ruined it for me, but she was better as a vampire, I liked her better
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Age 15

Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2011

very bad

I HATE IT! Very gross. Most parts are very bad and show bad things in a good light.
Adult Written byimadreamer9645 January 15, 2009

A must read book

when i read this book i was 11 years old parents dont worry most of your 11 year old children dont know about sex we all know also it doesnt describe everything it just talks about the before and after
Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVamprincez March 23, 2011

Age

haha, I read this when I was 10... my parents don't check what I read but I bet they probably would have thought 3 times about this.
Parent of a 2, 3, and 7 year old Written bycaspian October 18, 2009
I love this book for myself! I am a 29 year old mother to a 7 year old girl. Her friends talk about it but she knows she will not be reading it till she is 14 or so. The birth scene is very graphic and Edward and Bella's relationship is too mature for tweens.
Parent of a 5, 7, and 13 year old Written byTBF June 11, 2009

i made my mom read it

dont care
Adult Written byruiz12 February 28, 2009
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy September 2, 2011

Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

Good for older children

I liked it, I thought that anyone under the age of 10 can't really read it but as I'm 10 I think that it's OK for me to read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer June 24, 2010
The thing you should know if you are going to read this book is, the sex is NOT descriptive, in any shape or form. So, let your breath out. With that said, I think it is wise that the Mormon author waited til the characters where married before they decided to do this. Overall, cool BOOK :)!
Parent of a 2, 4, 7, and 11 year old Written byMountaintop_Grandma December 23, 2009

parent / child discussions are neccessary

Yes there is violence, Yes there is sexual activity after marriage. My granddaughter has read the entire series twice during the summer. I also read the series. Yes, there were questions. But isn't that what parents and grandparents are supposed to do? Prepare our kids for for the realities of life and help them to determine the difference between reality, fiction and what is and is not acceptable.
Adult Written bystephieb87 October 7, 2011

grrrr

Ok if you even bothered to read the books you would know Jacob DID NOT fall in love with an infant what happened was called imprinting there is a large difference more than a little strange but you people are acting like she is portraying him as a pedophile. you should probably read the books... Bella did not quit school actually there was a party thrown for her graduating.The books were meant for older teens to adults. If your letting your children read them that's your fault and not the fault of the writers. It's one thing if you just didn't like the books ok understandable but it seems like some people are twisting things around for them to better suit their meaning and to make some of their negative comments make more sense. Sorry so long no disrespect intended thanks for your time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byspark1es June 18, 2010

13+

very good. not very clean full of sex but not in depth.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconator June 17, 2010
If it sounds like a trashy romance novel, it probably is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byegglover5573 November 29, 2008

It was okay?!

Well i agree that bella is waaay 2 dependant on edward and i also think that putting jacobs point of view ruined the whole thing it is not my fave book and im still not sure how or if they are going to make a movie out of this one
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiami- July 2, 2012

pointless....................................

This book might be fun to read but come on its pointless. you really think in real life you are gonna meet a vampire and fall in love.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2012

Breaking Dawn is not that bad......

Well, I am 10 years old and i just adore The Twilight Saga. I recommend it for children that are mature with sex, language, and violence. If your children are afraid of blood and guts, I would choose another film. Another thing, the two sex scenes, I am not that worried about the two sex scenes cause they aren't as detailed as I thought they would be. I would over all recommend it for mature children 10 & up.
Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byBonna May 22, 2012

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn is the fourth installment in the Twilight Series. It contains violence and sexual content.