All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Adult Written bysoccermom787 December 7, 2009

perfect for 7th grade and up

Its definitly worth reading
Parent of a 2, 3, and 7 year old Written bycaspian October 18, 2009

I love this book for myself! I am a 29 year old mother to a 7 year old girl. Her friends talk about it but she knows she will not be reading it till she is 14 or so. The birth scene is very graphic and Edward and Bella's relationship is too mature for tweens.
Adult Written byfaiiryy. October 8, 2009

Bella finally gets her man! the wedding was great!! loved it! RENESMEE!!! loved this book! this book is probably the more risque book of the 4.. but its done in such a subtle way that it doesnt even make any difference really/
Parent of a 5, 7, and 13 year old Written byTBF June 11, 2009

i made my mom read it

dont care
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Adult Written byruiz12 February 28, 2009
Adult Written byimadreamer9645 January 15, 2009

A must read book

when i read this book i was 11 years old parents dont worry most of your 11 year old children dont know about sex we all know also it doesnt describe everything it just talks about the before and after
Educator Written bybugmenot April 6, 2015

Stupid beyond stupid!

A stupid story with stupid characters. Bella, an airheaded teenybopper, falls in love. OK, fair enough. But her love interest is a freakin' vampire! Not a person! It's basically "Beauty and the Beast" of 2010's, only with more consequences for the poor young woman. She almost dies in birth, for crying out loud. [sarcasm]But hey, at least give them credit for getting married before having sex.[/sarcasm] This book teaches everything wrong. It tells young girls that it's OK to fall in love with someone who could be dangerous to you, just because you "love him". We have enough abusive relationships in our society as it is, and don't need this garbage adding fuel to the fire. I'm just glad the vampire fad is on the way out, after having its heyday a few years ago. All in all, I recommend it. If the lights go out in your house, and your fireplace is woodburning, you'll need *something* to kindle the fire, right?
Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymolly2568 October 1, 2014

Not what you would expect

Most people avoid having their kids read this saga because they think it has too much sexy stuff. Really the only part parents should be cautious about is the birth scene, where bella breaks her spine, and there are a lot of gory details.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4L4 July 27, 2014

Brilliant book for ages 13-17 and all adults

The Twilight saga is my favourite book series in the world. Note to parents ____ its OK to let your 12 year old read this book if she really wants to, but not really sutible for anyone under 13 due to 18 year old Bella wanting MORE THAN kissing with vampire edward and then a bloody birth scene.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

Not a very good read

I highly discourage reading this book. With too much sex and violence, with not a lot of educational value, this isn't a very good read.
Teen, 13 years old Written by123hannah4567 July 1, 2014

I Used to Have Pretty Bad Taste

(By the way this review is kinda for the whole saga) When I was in 6th grade I decided to read the Twilight Saga. I was really obsessed with the books and with vampires. Now I realize that the books weren't really that good at all. They were better than the movies, but that's not really saying much. I guess the books were kind of entertaining, but I've read much better books. Anyway, so now to what you should know about it. Educational Value- None. At all. Except maybe how to be a stupid teenager. Great Messages- I guess the only great message was that Bella would do anything to protect her baby. Great role models- I think that Edward was a better role model than Bella, but they were both horrible role models. In the second book all Bella did was cry and cry over Edward. She should have gotten over herself and found a new boyfriend!! Also, Bella doesn't make any of her own choices until the last book!!!! The last thing is that she got married right after she finished high school! Would you want your children looking up to a girl like that?? Violence- There wasn't enough violence in the last book!!! There was hardly ANY violence between the Cullens and the Volturi!!!! But there was the birth of the baby, and that was just GROSS!!!!!! Sex- In the 3rd book Bella was REALLY stupid and wanted Edward to have sex with her. Edward stopped her, but there was some sex in the last book after they get married. It was described for WAY too long!!!!! Swearing- It actually wasn't that bad. Not anything more than what kids hear at school. No f words. Consumerism- whatever Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- I don't remember
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

My Favorite In The Series!

Breaking Dawn is by far the best book in the Twilight series. Its really entertaining and it is NOT inappropriate.
Parent Written bybookmom101 May 5, 2014

if you know them...trust them

I read the book and thought it was a great ending for the story! I decided that since I know my twins I'd let them read it when they were twelve. I didn't decide that just because I trust them, but because the sex part is certainly mild and I focused more on the positive message given through the rest of the book, NEVER GIVE UP ON FAMILY! Bella sets her mind on protecting no matter what her daughter Reneesme and I think that's great. I believe that the"love" parts are nothing to worry about. The sex part doesn't show much, at the end a bit of broken furniture and a few bruises on Bella because of Edward's strength. Also, for the violence part, the most gory is the birth scene it's a little bit, but nothing to worry about, discriptive with a few broken bones. If you know your kid I think they can read it as a tween.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHainesama123 March 18, 2014

STUPID!!!!!!!

I hate twilight so much. I have never read the books but based off the reviews, I think it is garbage. I write fanfiction and I have read many awful twilight fanfics and I don't even bother watching the movies. I think Vampire Knight is better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBarrel Racer660 March 10, 2014

Funny

Let me start out by saying, my parents told me nothing, and I didn't have internet until I was 12, so I had no idea what sex was when i read this book( I was 11) That said, I know most 11-year olds know what sex it, therefore they will actually get the book . I personally thought the book was extremely funny because it was not meant to be funny. It was not a great book though.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2013

I say…...

I say its not that bad. Everything depends on individual maturity. There is sex but its postmatrial. There is a war in question. A very violent birth and jacob imprints on an infant(STALKER). If you have a brain 10-11 if you don't 14 or later.
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2013

I read this book recently (i'm more mature than the average 11 year old, btw) and I thought it was great! I had to wait to read it because of s3x though. Edward and Bella skinny dip, and make love to each other passionately. Also, when Bella gets pregnant and has her baby it's very gruesome. You may have let your kids watch the other more tame twilight movies because your older kids were watching them, but with Breaking Dawn Part 1, it really isn't a great idea :) I hope this helped :) OH YEAH and nothing too graphic is described :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadingeverything August 8, 2013

Bella isn't SUPPOSED to be a role model.

My favorite book in the series! The violence is described but the sex isn't. For those of you who think Bella is made to be a role model, you're wrong! Of course she can't live without Edward, it's a love story for Pete's sake! Bella is made to look weak as a human so she can look stronger as a vampire. The book could use some work, it isn't Stephenie's finest. It seems like she was trying to meet everyone's demands and got too carried away. Personally, I liked the movie better which is saying A LOT because that has never EVER happened. It's still my favorite book in the series. Some of you look like you picked up the book for comedy or something, but you're not going to find it..