All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2013

I say…...

I say its not that bad. Everything depends on individual maturity. There is sex but its postmatrial. There is a war in question. A very violent birth and jacob imprints on an infant(STALKER). If you have a brain 10-11 if you don't 14 or later.
Adult Written bystephieb87 October 7, 2011

grrrr

Ok if you even bothered to read the books you would know Jacob DID NOT fall in love with an infant what happened was called imprinting there is a large difference more than a little strange but you people are acting like she is portraying him as a pedophile. you should probably read the books... Bella did not quit school actually there was a party thrown for her graduating.The books were meant for older teens to adults. If your letting your children read them that's your fault and not the fault of the writers. It's one thing if you just didn't like the books ok understandable but it seems like some people are twisting things around for them to better suit their meaning and to make some of their negative comments make more sense. Sorry so long no disrespect intended thanks for your time.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy September 2, 2011

Parent of a 2, 4, 7, and 11 year old Written byMountaintop_Grandma December 23, 2009

parent / child discussions are neccessary

Yes there is violence, Yes there is sexual activity after marriage. My granddaughter has read the entire series twice during the summer. I also read the series. Yes, there were questions. But isn't that what parents and grandparents are supposed to do? Prepare our kids for for the realities of life and help them to determine the difference between reality, fiction and what is and is not acceptable.
Parent of a 2, 3, and 7 year old Written bycaspian October 18, 2009
I love this book for myself! I am a 29 year old mother to a 7 year old girl. Her friends talk about it but she knows she will not be reading it till she is 14 or so. The birth scene is very graphic and Edward and Bella's relationship is too mature for tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Matithias, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byegglover5573 November 29, 2008

It was okay?!

Well i agree that bella is waaay 2 dependant on edward and i also think that putting jacobs point of view ruined the whole thing it is not my fave book and im still not sure how or if they are going to make a movie out of this one
Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.
Parent of a 9 and 10 year old Written byBonna May 22, 2012

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn is the fourth installment in the Twilight Series. It contains violence and sexual content.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2012

Best one

Ya, there is sex, not described, birth scene is..... Disturbing, great book though, (spoiler) when Bella turns into a vampire, it was awesome, usually that would have ruined it for me, but she was better as a vampire, I liked her better
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Horrible Book

I was disappointed in this book. It was very violent. And Bella giving birth to a child with lots of blood and bones cracking? She's only 18 years old!!!! How is that being a good role model? Jacob 'marks' Bella's newborn. NOT for kids and tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 27, 2011

The Best of the Books, but Still Not That Good

Biggest fail: the Volturi and Cullens don't fight. They talk and then leave. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I can't get over it. The pregnancy is long and dragged out, giving Jacob way too many chapters in his section. Part 2 summarized: Jacob leaves, runs through the woods, goes to the Cullens, run through the woods, and so on. If you made it this far through the series, you might as well finish it off.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Age 15

Teen, 14 years old Written byjingleIsabel March 4, 2011
every one in my class love it a lot!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookluver17852 January 11, 2011

great book for mature readers only!

I thought this was a fantastic book. I read it when I was barley eleven (even thoigh I probably shouldn't have). I wasn't stupid. I understood about stuff like sex but its nust not something someone that age should be reading. Bella giving bjrth was pretty. Graphic but that's the only really gruesome thing in the book. I guess if you know what you are reading that it is an qppropriate book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjodiexx January 11, 2011

deffo 4 teenagers

i loved the this book i read it when a turned 13 about half a year ago i new there would be rude bits but i new about everything that was coming so it wasnt 2 bad loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

good for teens

good
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

10+

even though bella gets pregnet when shes 18, this is a gr8 boojk! any1 over 10 has 2 read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

breaking dawn- my FAVORITE from the series!!!! but WARNING!!!

personally, it was my favorite book out of the series, i LOVE all the books but this one was the ABSOLUTE BEST FOR ME!!!!! there is a lot of sex, but it is after marriage so that makes it more appropriate. I would not however encourage it for children under the age of 15 but thats your choice obviously. I would recommend this for mid-teens to upper teens (like myself). But, like I said, it is my FAVORITE, so I am going to DEFINITELY watch it!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byone•tree•hill July 6, 2010

Too much sexual activity.

Overall it was a great book. Once you get past the honeymoon on Isle Esme it's completely appropriate. They do have sex three times on they're honeymoon the only thing you hear about it is the next morning when she wakes up and when Bella finds out she's pregnant. In the birth scene it's very bloody. After Bella is a vampire it implies that Edward and Bella have sex every night since they don't sleep. Edwards brother Emmett makes comments and teases them about their sex life. It was a great book maybe just a little too much sex to be appropriate for kids under 11 or 12