All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i love the twilight series

this series is enormously popular with teen and older tween girls. The main characters -- Bella, 18, mortal, and Edward, vampire -- have sex after they're married. Little is described in detail except that broken furniture and bruises are found on the next day (thanks to vampire super-strength). The goriest part of the book is a supernatural birth scene with lots and lots of blood, cracking bones, and near death. Vampires spend half the book fearing for their lives and the lives of family and friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVamprincez March 23, 2011

Age

haha, I read this when I was 10... my parents don't check what I read but I bet they probably would have thought 3 times about this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjingleIsabel March 4, 2011

every one in my class love it a lot!
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Review from a teenager's point-of-view

Well, I read it with my parent's permission. I loved the overall plot, was a little long and didn't really need a few descriptions. a few steamy sex scenes throughout the book however, if your child is relatively mature i think it would be okay. A little bit of overall money use and some violent fighting scenes as well references to previous violence and a few descriptive instances where pain was thoroughly described as well as a bloody laborious birth scene.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2011

Good book but...

I loved it but there was alot of sex and in my opinoin it's a tad bit creepy how Jacob falls in love with Bella's new born daught... pedophilia, mabey? Well, that's for you to decide... Also all the talk of death and the fighting...
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookluver17852 January 11, 2011

great book for mature readers only!

I thought this was a fantastic book. I read it when I was barley eleven (even thoigh I probably shouldn't have). I wasn't stupid. I understood about stuff like sex but its nust not something someone that age should be reading. Bella giving bjrth was pretty. Graphic but that's the only really gruesome thing in the book. I guess if you know what you are reading that it is an qppropriate book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjodiexx January 11, 2011

deffo 4 teenagers

i loved the this book i read it when a turned 13 about half a year ago i new there would be rude bits but i new about everything that was coming so it wasnt 2 bad loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bysoccermom787 December 7, 2009

perfect for 7th grade and up

Its definitly worth reading
Adult Written byfaiiryy. October 8, 2009

Bella finally gets her man! the wedding was great!! loved it! RENESMEE!!! loved this book! this book is probably the more risque book of the 4.. but its done in such a subtle way that it doesnt even make any difference really/
Parent of a 5, 7, and 13 year old Written byTBF June 11, 2009

i made my mom read it

dont care
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Adult Written byruiz12 February 28, 2009
Adult Written byimadreamer9645 January 15, 2009

A must read book

when i read this book i was 11 years old parents dont worry most of your 11 year old children dont know about sex we all know also it doesnt describe everything it just talks about the before and after
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Matithias, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byegglover5573 November 29, 2008

It was okay?!

Well i agree that bella is waaay 2 dependant on edward and i also think that putting jacobs point of view ruined the whole thing it is not my fave book and im still not sure how or if they are going to make a movie out of this one
Adult Written byshehan November 26, 2008

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, and Nathaniel all together

Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Educator Written bybugmenot April 6, 2015

Stupid beyond stupid!

A stupid story with stupid characters. Bella, an airheaded teenybopper, falls in love. OK, fair enough. But her love interest is a freakin' vampire! Not a person! It's basically "Beauty and the Beast" of 2010's, only with more consequences for the poor young woman. She almost dies in birth, for crying out loud. [sarcasm]But hey, at least give them credit for getting married before having sex.[/sarcasm] This book teaches everything wrong. It tells young girls that it's OK to fall in love with someone who could be dangerous to you, just because you "love him". We have enough abusive relationships in our society as it is, and don't need this garbage adding fuel to the fire. I'm just glad the vampire fad is on the way out, after having its heyday a few years ago. All in all, I recommend it. If the lights go out in your house, and your fireplace is woodburning, you'll need *something* to kindle the fire, right?
Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymolly2568 October 1, 2014

Not what you would expect

Most people avoid having their kids read this saga because they think it has too much sexy stuff. Really the only part parents should be cautious about is the birth scene, where bella breaks her spine, and there are a lot of gory details.