All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVamprincez March 23, 2011

Age

haha, I read this when I was 10... my parents don't check what I read but I bet they probably would have thought 3 times about this.
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Review from a teenager's point-of-view

Well, I read it with my parent's permission. I loved the overall plot, was a little long and didn't really need a few descriptions. a few steamy sex scenes throughout the book however, if your child is relatively mature i think it would be okay. A little bit of overall money use and some violent fighting scenes as well references to previous violence and a few descriptive instances where pain was thoroughly described as well as a bloody laborious birth scene.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2011

Good book but...

I loved it but there was alot of sex and in my opinoin it's a tad bit creepy how Jacob falls in love with Bella's new born daught... pedophilia, mabey? Well, that's for you to decide... Also all the talk of death and the fighting...
Teen, 13 years old Written byjodiexx January 11, 2011

deffo 4 teenagers

i loved the this book i read it when a turned 13 about half a year ago i new there would be rude bits but i new about everything that was coming so it wasnt 2 bad loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bysoccermom787 December 7, 2009

perfect for 7th grade and up

Its definitly worth reading
Adult Written byfaiiryy. October 8, 2009

Bella finally gets her man! the wedding was great!! loved it! RENESMEE!!! loved this book! this book is probably the more risque book of the 4.. but its done in such a subtle way that it doesnt even make any difference really/
Parent of a 5, 7, and 13 year old Written byTBF June 11, 2009

i made my mom read it

dont care
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Adult Written byruiz12 February 28, 2009
Adult Written byimadreamer9645 January 15, 2009

A must read book

when i read this book i was 11 years old parents dont worry most of your 11 year old children dont know about sex we all know also it doesnt describe everything it just talks about the before and after
Teen, 13 years old Written byegglover5573 November 29, 2008

It was okay?!

Well i agree that bella is waaay 2 dependant on edward and i also think that putting jacobs point of view ruined the whole thing it is not my fave book and im still not sure how or if they are going to make a movie out of this one
Adult Written byshehan November 26, 2008

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Educator Written bybugmenot April 6, 2015

Stupid beyond stupid!

A stupid story with stupid characters. Bella, an airheaded teenybopper, falls in love. OK, fair enough. But her love interest is a freakin' vampire! Not a person! It's basically "Beauty and the Beast" of 2010's, only with more consequences for the poor young woman. She almost dies in birth, for crying out loud. [sarcasm]But hey, at least give them credit for getting married before having sex.[/sarcasm] This book teaches everything wrong. It tells young girls that it's OK to fall in love with someone who could be dangerous to you, just because you "love him". We have enough abusive relationships in our society as it is, and don't need this garbage adding fuel to the fire. I'm just glad the vampire fad is on the way out, after having its heyday a few years ago. All in all, I recommend it. If the lights go out in your house, and your fireplace is woodburning, you'll need *something* to kindle the fire, right?
Adult Written byindie_q November 30, 2014

Totally Imaginable!

"Twilight Breaking Dawn" focuses on the events following "Twilight Eclipse". Bella has many happy times with Edward. But then the most unexpected happens a complete twist. Many obstacles to overcome. Also making new friends but also new enemies. Through out there journey Bella and Edward are always fighting for their love something that will eventually cause waterworks especially for the hopeless romantics out there. Also this book influences family values by also showing how the Cullen's all stuck together to face the evil no matter the circumstances they had each others back. In my opinion this book is really good, actually its pretty awesome.Its mostly a book I would recommend for girls or even guys who are into vampires and teen fiction kind o f books. At times the author does a really good job how Bella is reacting to all the chaos surrounding her ,but also demonstrates how deep her emotions are. I would recommend this book because it's a book that keeps you so into it its hard to put down.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymolly2568 October 1, 2014

Not what you would expect

Most people avoid having their kids read this saga because they think it has too much sexy stuff. Really the only part parents should be cautious about is the birth scene, where bella breaks her spine, and there are a lot of gory details.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4L4 July 27, 2014

Brilliant book for ages 13-17 and all adults

The Twilight saga is my favourite book series in the world. Note to parents ____ its OK to let your 12 year old read this book if she really wants to, but not really sutible for anyone under 13 due to 18 year old Bella wanting MORE THAN kissing with vampire edward and then a bloody birth scene.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

Not a very good read

I highly discourage reading this book. With too much sex and violence, with not a lot of educational value, this isn't a very good read.
Teen, 13 years old Written by123hannah4567 July 1, 2014

I Used to Have Pretty Bad Taste

(By the way this review is kinda for the whole saga) When I was in 6th grade I decided to read the Twilight Saga. I was really obsessed with the books and with vampires. Now I realize that the books weren't really that good at all. They were better than the movies, but that's not really saying much. I guess the books were kind of entertaining, but I've read much better books. Anyway, so now to what you should know about it. Educational Value- None. At all. Except maybe how to be a stupid teenager. Great Messages- I guess the only great message was that Bella would do anything to protect her baby. Great role models- I think that Edward was a better role model than Bella, but they were both horrible role models. In the second book all Bella did was cry and cry over Edward. She should have gotten over herself and found a new boyfriend!! Also, Bella doesn't make any of her own choices until the last book!!!! The last thing is that she got married right after she finished high school! Would you want your children looking up to a girl like that?? Violence- There wasn't enough violence in the last book!!! There was hardly ANY violence between the Cullens and the Volturi!!!! But there was the birth of the baby, and that was just GROSS!!!!!! Sex- In the 3rd book Bella was REALLY stupid and wanted Edward to have sex with her. Edward stopped her, but there was some sex in the last book after they get married. It was described for WAY too long!!!!! Swearing- It actually wasn't that bad. Not anything more than what kids hear at school. No f words. Consumerism- whatever Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- I don't remember
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

My Favorite In The Series!

Breaking Dawn is by far the best book in the Twilight series. Its really entertaining and it is NOT inappropriate.