All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2010
I think it was a very good book. Although there were some moments when I wasn't sure if I was allowed to read this. This book was only gross once; when Bella gave birth to Rensesmee. Stephanie Meyers described the event in clear detail, which I thought to be very unnecessary. I'm twelve and read this book, so as far a comprehension goes it was pretty easy with the exception of a few difficult concepts or ideas.
Adult Written byEissen February 24, 2010

Again with the Necrophilia.. oh, and add some Bestiality and weird Child/Adult relationships (or 'imprinting') in there too.

First of all, there is this bloody birth scene which is just so disgustingly horrific. Then add in the sex scene in which someone ends up badly bruised and with mangled furniture... There's also the werewolf weirdo relationships with extremely young children. It is just bizarre. Neither Edward nor Bella NOR their relationship is a good role model for a future relationship for kids/tweens/teens because they're both willing to drip EVERYTHING for each other. That's not healthy. In comparison to Harry Potter, where friendship and family are the main concepts, The Twilight Saga is all about the importance of having a boyfriend and how you can't live without it. Bella would rather DIE than be without her boyfriend. Does that SOUND like it's "educational", has "good role models" or "positive messages"? The writing quality is satisfactory, but the words behind the prose are hideous. As a nineteen yr old girl, I'm confused as to why you'd pick teams based on who you want an insecure 17 year old girl to end up with romantically. Team Edward or Team Necrophilia? Team Jacob or Team Bestiality? Unless you're mature enough to see the downsides of this supernatural romance, this book and saga should not be read by your children, especially anyone 15 or younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMochito February 24, 2010
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bylangell@charter.net February 11, 2010

Not worth the read.

Not appropriate for anyone under 18.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessie12896 February 11, 2010

Awesome read

This was my favorite book of the Twilight saga. I know a lot of parents are concerned with Bella having sex, but it doesn't describe anything other than her waking up with bruises (due to vampire strength). My main concern would be a gory child birth and violence with the Volturi. Other than that, it's a great, romantic, dramatic read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightluver16 February 2, 2010

Loved it!!

I loved it I thought it was a good book. I thought the birth scene wasn't gory! I guess if you don't like blood you might not like it but I was fine! I hope they make another one!
Educator and Parent of a 6 year old Written byMs. Coal February 1, 2010
I enjoyed reading the whole series and found the story addictive. But what better consequence for teens to read. Bella has sex the first time, gets pregnant, has a terrifying pregnancy and birth scene. If that isn't natural consequences for her actions then what is?
Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxsoccer January 31, 2010

Give it a read !

Mmmmmk, this book was INSANELY AMAZINGLY PERFECT! and whoever you are readong this you probably think im just another vampire crazed teenager, but no. well actually maybe a little but, the truth is , it really depends on what you like to read, and apparently this genre attracted MANY people. Your opinion should really be based on what YOU think not what others say, were all different and your opinion should be based on what you think not what others think. dont think that you rather read the reviews first than read the book, because a reiew is based on opinion. give it a read, and if you dont like it well a least you had an interesting read. so yeah, maybe not perfect but its definitely worth a shot, give it a read! PS. the begining of the saga is more age appropriate, but in the last book their love grows tooo much soo.....yeah.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErikaErikaErika January 29, 2010

kay for 13

I loved this book but it was really gory.. You dont have to really worry about sexual references. Overall I like the message and the meaning.
Teen, 13 years old Written byink January 27, 2010
I’m surprised no one mentioned Vladimir and Stefan’s reference to eye-gouging.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010
This isn't a good book at all. I must admit that I cried at the end because I expected so much more. Stephanie Meyer might have been a hero writing the three first books in the series, but this book went downhill fast for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGinger Snap January 25, 2010

DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE GIRL READ THIS!!!

Wow. Bella is not a good role model for kids at all. It's not as if you are going to find perfect role models in real life, but it is a big concern when 8 year old girls read this book out of all that hype. First off, Bella is weak and dependent to begin with. But in this book, Bella gets married at 18, doesn't even consider college and has unprotected sex with Edward and gets pregnant. How this MOVIE stays at a PG-13 rating I am curious to see. The is an extremly graffic birth scene similar to that of Alien.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2010

Pretty good book

Well not very good for 10 and under but if you are mature and will keep your mouth shut and won't talk about it elsewhere! Otherwise
Kid, 9 years old January 15, 2010

Great Book!

I love twilight! It's good, but in my opinion, Harry Potter is better.
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2010
I read twilight i am 10
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwiFan111 January 8, 2010

Perfect for 8th grade and over

LOVE IT! I think this book is wonderful! It's not very good for ages 12 and under... i read it when I was 13 (i still am) and I thought it was really one best books I've ever read.
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2010
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2010

TERRIBLE

this book is absolutely horrible don't let your kids read it, how can people compare this piece of rubbishto Harry Potter?
Teen, 16 years old Written byvampiregirl803 January 5, 2010

perfect for ages 13 and over

I love this book and the whole series. i don't think its appropriate for younger people.
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byNerdy_Mamma January 3, 2010