All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byroxy210 August 29, 2009
I do think that sometimes this book is very detailed and is a little bit...too descriptive. But overall it is a very good book for young adults.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bycrisleem August 27, 2009
I loved it. And while I let my 11 year old read the other 3 she will have to wait for this one. Violence (for the most part) doesn't bug me, my girls get that they don't do what they read...and I'm not worried they will become a vampire...lol. But I don't think 9-12 year olds need to be reading the sex portion of this book. While not graphic for teens or adults, it's a bit much for kids in my opinion. However the characters waited till marriage and I like that. I loved the entire series and spark an intense love of reading for me and my 11 year old. But why have to explain to an 11 year old about a destroyed bed on wedding night....get it?
Teen, 15 years old Written bydefygravity102 August 27, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byclairecollier_ August 27, 2009

Love it. I would reccomend all of Stephaine Meyer's books to anyone over 13+.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2009

Good for mature tweens and pre-teens and older

Love this book - my only concerns are the "emotional" parts that happen, which really creep you out, and the cursing, but no really bad words, just everyday language. And in the fights it's really violent, but nothing too horrible.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCOOLIO-girl August 24, 2009

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! itsa really good book but kinda gory and kinda sexy and a use of morphine....
Teen, 15 years old Written bypoprincess711 August 24, 2009

Not for tweens. 14+

I loved this book although it's not a good book for younger kids. It does have quite a bit more violence. It is also pretty suggestive and slightly descriptive.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilvanny96 August 23, 2009
Adult Written bystacymcpherson August 21, 2009
The main problem that I had with this whole series is that Bella is too dependent on Edward, for everything. She feels that she can't live with out him. This is not the kind of girl I want my 14 year old daughter to model her dating life after. There is no balance between Bella and Edward. The begining of this book was completely inappropriate for the age group this was written for. If you are going to let your teen read these, please as a parent, read them yourself. Keep an open discussion going regarding the unhealthy relationship between Edward and Bella.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDripping love August 20, 2009

iffy for tweens if it had a rating id rate it pg13

I LOVE IT
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2009

good for tweens and up

I love that Edward makes Bella wait to have sex. And when she gets hurt he says no more till she's immortal
Teen, 14 years old Written byavapink August 16, 2009
It was a great book but not really for tweens under 13 just because it's suggestive and slightly descriptive but the book is just great.
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2009

AWESOME!!!

Its AWESOME!! Best book i've ever read!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChristinaDream4 August 15, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written bystephers23 August 15, 2009

Great book for teens

Great book. My favorite in the series
Teen, 14 years old Written byallenlaxgirl August 14, 2009

GREAT BOOK!

It was great! The stupid people on here saying that it sends bad messages? Whats wrong with having sex with your husband no matter what age you are? And saying that it encourages unprotected sex? THEY ARE MARRIED! The book is great as are all of them. Definitely a must read :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byryan-ollo August 11, 2009

perfect for teens AND tweens

it is awsome!!!!!! still reading it!! there is a sex part but it dosent really describe it. LOVE IT!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2009
Most tweens who read this book think it's perfectly fine, because they don't understand it. Middle schoolers will think it's fine, whereas high schoolers will think it's too much. parents
Teen, 13 years old Written bymapgirl513 August 7, 2009

Horrible Book! Don't Read

This book is really gross and it sends out bad messages. Bella gets married to a vampire at age 18. It's pretty ridiculous. Then he breaks her dawn if you catch my drift. Also she gets pregnant which encourages unprotected sex. This is a very bad book. Don't read it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvdogs453 August 6, 2009

perfect for tweens and up!

Although Bella and edward have sex on their honeymoon, they don't go into detail and rarely actually say the word. If younger kids read the book, they probably won't know what the two did. In the middle of the book, Bella delivers a baby, Renesmee.The scene is very bloody and Bella nearly dies. Money is spent like the cullens have a money tree: They only wear clothes once, they made Bella and edward a house. They paid for their honeymoon. Have their own island. The message isn't that positive because Bella gets married right after high school and gets pregnant a few days after the wedding. But, I love that Jacob imprints on Renesmee! the story is brilliantly written and i love it!!