All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBreezie1028 June 6, 2009

A must read book for any person that believes in love.

An amazing book that could make you laugh, cry, and awe for these characters. At first Bella Swan has made a very big decision that can make a big impact in her, Edwards, and their families lives. Bella goes on her honey-moon with Edward and when they first get there they unpack and Edward asks for Bella to go for a mid-night swim. Bella finds out its not only a mid-night swim. When she wakes up she shes feathers, a bed, and Edward. But Edward is digusted with himself, for her bruses that match Edward hand-print. Bella finds out that she is pegnant and has a near-death experience giving birth to her beautiful baby. After she has her baby its either die or vamprism. Jacob is in love with Bella but what he doesnt know is that hes not really in love with Bella but with whats inside her. Jacob refuses to kill Bella and her baby (which is what Sam's orders were). Jacob is with the Cullen to the end. Bella runs into trouble with some unexpected visitors which could end in war and many deaths. Bella is prepared to give up her life for her baby that almost killed her. This is a book of laughs, love, and terror.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

awesome

I thought this was one of the better, not best though, in the Twilight saga. Although I didn't like Jacob's point of view one bit, the rest was good. My friend said she was told that it went into description when they are on their honeymoon, it didn't go into any, she just fell asleep.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightfan30987 May 31, 2009

Best of the books!

Breaking Dawn, in my opinion, was the best book out of the series! If your asking if your kids should be allowed to read it, it really depends on how much they know; I am going to give it to you straight. Bella and Edward have sex even though it is not described AT ALL!!!!!!!!! Bella gets pregnant and their is a child birth scene that really isnt that ba; james and edwards' fight was worse than this. Her transformation is nothing. The vampires and the Volturi don't even fight! Their is absolutely nothing gory or violent or boring about this book. The worst part is when you are reading Jacob's book (mostly because I am completely against Jacob) If your kids know the truth about sex, and it doesn't even have to be a whole lot, they are fine. And the sex jokes are not inappropriate, they are FUNNY!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAus-da-boss May 29, 2009

Best installment yet!

IN MY opinion this is the best in the saga. Yes it drags on... But honestly that didn't phase me (you try reading 1200 page 'Dracula' in two days.) Yes there is sex violence yada yada. But I'm sure 11 year olds could handle it. That was when I learned about sex. It doesn't even describe anything. Also, I am a 13 year old BOY there is no reason a boy cannot read this. I just like the idea that vampires could have these different powers... I would even want to bee one! Anyway great book... So long!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxobrunetty13 May 29, 2009

Amazing Conclusion

OK Well first of all: this is an amazing book-well written, romantic, amazing, but its not appopriate for any one under 13, there a few sex jokes, talk about sex, plus a gory childbirth, other then that read it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUp_Down_Up May 29, 2009

A whole lot of nothing.

I love the twilight series...up to this book. I like the section that was told from Jacobs point of view, but I felt like it was a whole lot of nothing. I'm a huge fan of long books...but this one could have been so much shorter. There wasn't enough to really keep it going on and on for as long as it was. and WOW please don't get me started on the anticlimactic battle scene. Basically I was very disappointed at how the story dragged on for 700 pages just to end with nothing. I didn't really like this last book in the Twilight series and I wouldn't recommend it. But of course...a lot of people like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarryPotter_fan May 28, 2009

I laughed and cried!

It was awesome. the story well written and the plot was amazing.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2009

THis book is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

i finished this book in a day
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2009

Amazing

This is an amazing book. I really enjoyed it. :-) Bella & Edward have a child therefore it's a more mature. The only thing I would say is that it's not that well written. The plot is pretty good, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBalle S. May 22, 2009

Love it

I love all the books well some of new moon and breaking dawn and all of eclpices and twilight but what i have read of breaking dawn is awsome i love that edward and bella got marred.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrittney twilig... May 17, 2009

To Die For !!!!

I loved this book. A lot of people think that people under 15 should not read this but it is not that bad it is one of the best books i ever had ( my first is eclipse) =] I tell all my friends to read it. you have to read Twilight ,New moon and Eclipse to under stand it but its worth it and its not even that long it only takes me 1 day to read it i finish it the day i get it!!!! I LOVE BREAKING Dawn!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byadjaja May 16, 2009

Great

I think it's may favorite book in the well-known saga. I didn't even realize they were having sex until she found out she was pregnant.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamples964 May 14, 2009

A wonderful end!

in the begging there is some iffy content but they are married and it is not described in detail. I read all of the books and i do agree that it was kind of a let down compared to all the other dramatic endings but overall it ends well.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTxLibrarianMom May 14, 2009

This is why I read books! :-)

I loved _Breaking Dawn_. I love the fact that Stephenie Meyer did not kill off everyone who caused a "complication" and told the story at a leisurely pace. The reason I read books (over and over sometimes) is to really experience life as the characters. I felt that Stephenie Meyer ended the book beautifully for all of us who relate to Bella (and that is ALL of us, right?) The book unfolded as our lives often do--not as we expect--but BETTER! :-)
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bychouchou May 11, 2009

Definatly appropriate for 10 year olds!

I read it and my friends children have read it and loved it, so you know what it is appropriate!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFuzzysan12 April 25, 2009

Breaking Dawn -sigh- the end

Twilight was my favorite book of all time, I loved the relationship between Bella and Edward, and didn't care what anyone else said. Unfortunately that all changed when I read Breaking Dawn. I don't hate this book, and I don't love this book...It just seemed like the start rather then the end. With Renesmee and Bella's new life as a vampire. I think someone should have died cause of the whole with new life comes death thing...but maybe that's just me...
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2009

AWESOME!

This book is awesome,even though it has some sex you can`t even tell unless you know your stuff.Really great,although a bit too long,
Adult Written bycgbrown April 22, 2009

Beautiful Story!!!!

A beautiful story that is not sloopily written. it does include somethings some parents would not approve of but I am 11 and read the whole series and din't have any problems understanding it. A MUST READ!!!!!! (but read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse first!!!)
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2009

Haven't Read it yet!

I haven't read it yet but! I know its a awesome book! Im a guy and its hard to find a guy liking Twilight! But its a good series! Sure in Breaking Dawn there are "parts" but there not descreptive I say if you have 11 year old kid and you trust em LET EM READ IT! im on the 2nd book! GOO ALICE CULLEN!!!!!!!
Educator Written byEnglish teacher April 18, 2009

More of the same--you just can't get enough junk food

Ah, the end of the Twilight series. Like eating junk food, it's not good for us but it sure is fun, and we just can't stop. Book 4 was fairly satisfying, in tying up loose ends. I don't think this author is sophisticated enough NOT to leave us satisfied. It has the same strengths and weaknesses as the first three books: foreplay is well described, and still very much G-rated; plot lines are predictable; the grammar is horrid. You'd think by the fourth book, she'd have enough advisers on her team to come up with decent names for the newest member of the Cullen family.