All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bychouchou May 11, 2009

Definatly appropriate for 10 year olds!

I read it and my friends children have read it and loved it, so you know what it is appropriate!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFuzzysan12 April 25, 2009

Breaking Dawn -sigh- the end

Twilight was my favorite book of all time, I loved the relationship between Bella and Edward, and didn't care what anyone else said. Unfortunately that all changed when I read Breaking Dawn. I don't hate this book, and I don't love this book...It just seemed like the start rather then the end. With Renesmee and Bella's new life as a vampire. I think someone should have died cause of the whole with new life comes death thing...but maybe that's just me...
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2009

AWESOME!

This book is awesome,even though it has some sex you can`t even tell unless you know your stuff.Really great,although a bit too long,
Adult Written bycgbrown April 22, 2009

Beautiful Story!!!!

A beautiful story that is not sloopily written. it does include somethings some parents would not approve of but I am 11 and read the whole series and din't have any problems understanding it. A MUST READ!!!!!! (but read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse first!!!)
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2009

Haven't Read it yet!

I haven't read it yet but! I know its a awesome book! Im a guy and its hard to find a guy liking Twilight! But its a good series! Sure in Breaking Dawn there are "parts" but there not descreptive I say if you have 11 year old kid and you trust em LET EM READ IT! im on the 2nd book! GOO ALICE CULLEN!!!!!!!
Educator Written byEnglish teacher April 18, 2009

More of the same--you just can't get enough junk food

Ah, the end of the Twilight series. Like eating junk food, it's not good for us but it sure is fun, and we just can't stop. Book 4 was fairly satisfying, in tying up loose ends. I don't think this author is sophisticated enough NOT to leave us satisfied. It has the same strengths and weaknesses as the first three books: foreplay is well described, and still very much G-rated; plot lines are predictable; the grammar is horrid. You'd think by the fourth book, she'd have enough advisers on her team to come up with decent names for the newest member of the Cullen family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydaro_a April 16, 2009
these books r good age 11 and up could read it i doesnt have anything bad in it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightfan4453 April 11, 2009

Parents, just shut up.

Kids are hopefully mature enough to read this without getting any ideas. It's iffy in parts, so they should be maybe 12 or so...it is definitely the best saga I have ever read. No doubt about it. GO EDWARD!! WOOO!
Teen, 14 years old Written byref4 April 9, 2009

This was a good book...

It was well-written, had a surprising plot, and Alice is awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 March 29, 2009

Iffy in some parts

I love this book, but it is very graphic in a couple chapters. Bella has a vampire baby after she finds out she has gotten pregnant with Edward on their honeymoon. Definitely not something for a kid under 10 at all, (in my opinion).
Teen, 13 years old Written byRachel_M March 28, 2009

Twilight fans beware!

Beware lovers of Twilight. his is the last book in the series and for sure the worst! Meyer should have just let the series stop after Eclipse. This book does have some sex but it doesn't even describe the two main characters having sex. It just describes the before and after. It doesn't even describe the feelings, just the scene. Bella, gets pregnant and it isn't just a normal child, the child ends up making her very ill. The delivery scene is quite gory.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2009

Twilight a book for love and life

i started reading twilight `bout a month ago and finshed NEW moon too, they were both awesome books but new moon is really dry at the begining (do not read further if reading new moon) BECAUSE EDWARD HAS BROKEN UP WITH bella and she has been moping around for months but then she starts hangin with Jacob Black who is a werewolf (she didnt know at the time) but he helps her but then the beautiful alice cullun comes back after bella cliff dives not for suisidelle puposes) and Edward thinks bellas dead and trys to kill himself and bella and alice venture off to rome to possibly save edward.
Adult Written byCoffeeTable March 9, 2009

Why does everyone seem to love Twilight?

This is a good series. It has brought many people (adults and teens) who do not normally read, to read 4 whole books. Which are not exactly on the small side either. I believe that since Stephanie Meyer is such a new writer, there is no expectation, no formality that you find in other books, and it is such a simple plot that it doesn’t take the 100% brain power that some other books require you to use in order to read. Not to say that those books are bad, but this is such a good book to introduce people into reading and slowly integrate in other books. This specific book rotates around sex and the pregnancy. I wouldn’t recommend it for ages less than 14.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrs. commonsensible March 8, 2009

A little long, but i was interested till the end!

I am in love with the twilight series beyond belief! The series is unbelievably AWESOME! There are definitely some contents that young children should NOT read. Parents should read reviews before letting their child read this book. 11 years of age is a little young but acceptable if the child is mature. Every teen should get around to this book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byshadowexile6 March 8, 2009

Goode Grief

Pathetic really, older kids do not get caught up in this melodrama and switch to a good series like "The Lord of the RIngs" or even "A Series of Unfortunate Events" These are both far better. I also used to be a fan until i reread them. People look at the first and second books, Edward chuckles an awful lot and in about five different ways
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilcheer March 3, 2009

I loved it!

I think it was great. They went a little over-the-top on saying there was lots of blood. the book does describe it, but not too bad. Loved it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byblove0116 March 2, 2009

a must read for every twi-guy or girl

it was awesome!! although I do respect the reviews of other people who read it and understand them, i do believe it was the second best in the series (second to Twilight). Some people think it was wrong for Bella to have Renessme, I think it was totally awesome. It tied up so many loose ends, like Jacob not having anyone and Bella and Rosalie's relationship. I mean after writing 4 books 100's of pages long, how would you have ended it, I thought Stephenie did it brilliantly. Also, if she didn't, there wouldn't be an interesting ending. The Volturi would have came, she would have been a vampire, and they would have left. What kind of ending would that have been? Stephenie worked with what she had and did awesome, it was exactly what I wanted. It was expected to have a happy ending ofcourse for Bella and Edward and Renesme and every other character. I mean people saying "oh it was boring cause it had the typical happy ending," would you have liked it if they battled and Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Bella, Renesme, or Jacob were killed? I know I wouldn't have. It was the perfect ending to the perfect book. If you are going to criticize, try thinking about what you say before you go and say it
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2009

ITS THE BEAST

this is the best book outa tha hole twilight series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv this book
Teen, 14 years old Written bykooldude February 28, 2009

I wish it never ended!

Oh my gawd this was the best book ive ever read besides twilight of course!during the course of the 4 books ive falling in love with Edward cullen and my favourite bit of the book had to be the honeymoon i mean lyk come on who could not love this book its just so engroosing!And why is everyone always saying its too long it was way to short for my liking infact i nearly cried when it was finished not because it wasnt good obviously but because i wanted to read more and more and i most confess that i am so obcessed with this book that i have began to read it again!When is stephenie meyer making the 5th one??I NEED to read it!Twilight books are my drug!I would advice everyone to read the twlight saga but be warned you may be come obsessed!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBeth Gardner February 25, 2009

Not what I had in mind as the ending to one of my favourite book series

Now I'll admit it, I'm the girl who almost camped in front of the local bookstore, awaiting the day Breaking Dan would come out. So as you can expect, I was absolutley estatic to get this book into my grubby little hands. Wanting to read the final adventures of my favourite vampire/human couple, I rabidly dug in. And I was slightly disapointed. First off, there's the issue of Renesme, the kid. What the? As soon as Bella announced her pregnancy, my little heart broke. The kid sort of drawed attention away from our star-eyed couple and there was that whole issue of that icky birth scene. And the book lags nearer to the end. All talk, no walk. The final battle with the Volturi, hmm now let's see...Nothing really happens. No fighting, no drama, it's just "Don't hurt my baby, she's harmless," "Oh I see, well Bella ciao. Come on guys, let's go grab a bite to eat at the blood bank." Stephenie, this isn't your best work I must say.