All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2009

Best Book Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Anonymous... I am 11 also and think this is a must read. If you are concerned about the sex, then don't be. It doesn't get into much detail.. but before she reads this book she should read the rest. It goes in this order- twilight new moon eclipse breaking dawn these are eccelent books and I highly reccomend them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter January 8, 2009

A great finish for the series

The much anticipated Breaking Dawn was, in my opinion, almost as good as it was hyped up to be. It answered most of my unanswered questions and delivered a "happy ending" which is always nice for us romantics. I really liked the first chapter, I believe it was, where Bella is describing what her life is like now that people are aware of her engagement to Edward Cullen. (SPOILER ALERT) Bella's pregnency is very gory and it almost takes her life. The final scenes of the book were very intense. It was a good finish to the series and worth the wait.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfatcheecks65 January 7, 2009

i cried!

i cried at the end of this one because it was sad but mostly because i kew that there would not be another book after it..this book is good for young kids my age i think
Teen, 14 years old Written byMileyBB January 6, 2009

WOW ....I REALLY WANT TO !

Please somebody answer this question ..do you think it is appropriate for my daughter ? She's 11 and she kind of knows all about sex surprisingly but would it be okay for her ? I'm almost positive it would be but I think I should get some other people's opinion. Thanks I hope that you can be a big help..Please respond !
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightchic2011 January 5, 2009

well i didnt read it yet, but i will, but from reading the reviews i would say little kids like ages 1-12 dont read the book.

Well so far, im behind in my reading, i read twilight and i was so addicted i finished it in a day and i want to continue reading the saga but i have to wait to get the book from the library but i read so many reviews about the saga and i cant wait it sounds very intresting and i know i will like the books very much but as i read the book i will let you know what i think of them o btw edward and emmett are my fav characters mostly edward though. Edward<3
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Matithias, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn January 1, 2009

Too long? Pretty much anyone who has read this book will agree that it is not long enough! Trust me, you will want more!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymdo556 December 9, 2008

Not as good as the others, but good. (spoiler)

I read it and I liked it. Bella definently needs to get over Edward. I love the series but she does. She is very whiney and dependednt on him. Nessie is very cute even though...well those who have read it...you know. I don't like Jcob. I think his section of the book ruined it but othert wise it is well written. Though it isnt as good as all of the other books (excluding new moon) it was wonderful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 December 9, 2008

It was really really good (there is kind of a spoiler here)

I loved the whole thing.I was a little bored by the Jacob section at first, but it really grew on me as I read, and I ended up really enjoying it. I disagree with the other reviewers who said that they didn't like the fact that Bella was still obsessed with Edward. Seriously, after three books of Bella being really obsessed with him, did you think it was going to stop once she became a vampire. i also did not think that it was as apparent as the other books, i mean all they really did was say that they really loved each other and could not be away from each other. Not a good model for love or romance, but really good. (and excessively corny) P.S. Common sense, this book was not to long. You guys always seem to be hating on them, and I think it is because you take everything a little too seriously. If you guys were true twilight fans, you would be left wanting it to be a little bit longer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byegglover5573 November 29, 2008

It was okay?!

Well i agree that bella is waaay 2 dependant on edward and i also think that putting jacobs point of view ruined the whole thing it is not my fave book and im still not sure how or if they are going to make a movie out of this one
Adult Written byshehan November 26, 2008

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, and Nathaniel all together

Teen, 14 years old Written bydelaneyXD November 24, 2008

really good

i thought this book was awesome! i didnt like how after bella turned she still was so dependent upon edward like she was cripple or something
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincessCullen November 23, 2008

My favorite book!!!!!!

Okay, first off, I probably am a bit partial, but basically,twilight is my life...I know it sounds pathetic, but I love it!!! THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST ONE...perfect happy ending, but plenty of action, and plenty of Edward/Bella romance!!! Must read!
Teen, 15 years old Written byFanpire November 23, 2008

Absolutely fantastic finale to the saga

I am appalled at the reviewer's opinion! This saga wasn't nearly long enough! I can't wait for Stephenie Meyer's next story!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightlover95 November 21, 2008

Twilight

umm.first time haven't read it and wat is it about good book who dies and doesn't?
Adult Written bykrazyskaterchick November 21, 2008

Parent of a 13 year old Written bydenisetx November 19, 2008

I loved it

I am a parent and when my daughter, who is 13, wanted to go see the movie I decided I better read Twilight so I would get an idea of what we were in store for. I couldn't put it down. I read all four novels in a week and I work full time. Breaking Dawn brought it all together and tied it up with a ribbon. I don't believe after becoming attached to these characters I could have stood to have any of them die. The problem of choosing between two people was solved for Bella and yes it may have been a little too sweet for realists but I don't read fiction to be too close to the real world anyway. I get too much of that. Why not let yourself be in a good place for a time. I loved the way Mrs. Meyer wove together a story that is now one of my favorites. I do think this is the kind of book you would either like or dislike though. I have to say again I loved it and will re read it over and over. This series will be with my collection which includes Gone with the Wind, Lord of the Rings and all the Harry Potter books. If I want realism I will watch the news. I highly reccomend this series to anyone who wants to experience real emotions and enjoys a good read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhoshidoragon November 18, 2008

Stephanie has gone insane.

The ONLY time major characters should get married in the original series (the other option being fanfiction) is at the epilogue or last chapter, where nothing else is supposed to happen. But here we have another pile of Twilight fanfiction-turned-publishing. Why are people reading this junk? WHY?
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2008

I totally LOVED it!!!

Well, I'm only in 5th grade and most of the (unintelligent) kids in my class would just giggle and not really understand the book. (Not exactly for kids my age) The book is great, but I wish it would keep on going! (Why does it have to be the end!?! Why!?!) Random Alert! I wonder how Nessie is going to look like when she's 10.