All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylilcheer March 3, 2009

I loved it!

I think it was great. They went a little over-the-top on saying there was lots of blood. the book does describe it, but not too bad. Loved it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byblove0116 March 2, 2009

a must read for every twi-guy or girl

it was awesome!! although I do respect the reviews of other people who read it and understand them, i do believe it was the second best in the series (second to Twilight). Some people think it was wrong for Bella to have Renessme, I think it was totally awesome. It tied up so many loose ends, like Jacob not having anyone and Bella and Rosalie's relationship. I mean after writing 4 books 100's of pages long, how would you have ended it, I thought Stephenie did it brilliantly. Also, if she didn't, there wouldn't be an interesting ending. The Volturi would have came, she would have been a vampire, and they would have left. What kind of ending would that have been? Stephenie worked with what she had and did awesome, it was exactly what I wanted. It was expected to have a happy ending ofcourse for Bella and Edward and Renesme and every other character. I mean people saying "oh it was boring cause it had the typical happy ending," would you have liked it if they battled and Jasper, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Bella, Renesme, or Jacob were killed? I know I wouldn't have. It was the perfect ending to the perfect book. If you are going to criticize, try thinking about what you say before you go and say it
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2009

ITS THE BEAST

this is the best book outa tha hole twilight series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv this book
Teen, 14 years old Written bykooldude February 28, 2009

I wish it never ended!

Oh my gawd this was the best book ive ever read besides twilight of course!during the course of the 4 books ive falling in love with Edward cullen and my favourite bit of the book had to be the honeymoon i mean lyk come on who could not love this book its just so engroosing!And why is everyone always saying its too long it was way to short for my liking infact i nearly cried when it was finished not because it wasnt good obviously but because i wanted to read more and more and i most confess that i am so obcessed with this book that i have began to read it again!When is stephenie meyer making the 5th one??I NEED to read it!Twilight books are my drug!I would advice everyone to read the twlight saga but be warned you may be come obsessed!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBeth Gardner February 25, 2009

Not what I had in mind as the ending to one of my favourite book series

Now I'll admit it, I'm the girl who almost camped in front of the local bookstore, awaiting the day Breaking Dan would come out. So as you can expect, I was absolutley estatic to get this book into my grubby little hands. Wanting to read the final adventures of my favourite vampire/human couple, I rabidly dug in. And I was slightly disapointed. First off, there's the issue of Renesme, the kid. What the? As soon as Bella announced her pregnancy, my little heart broke. The kid sort of drawed attention away from our star-eyed couple and there was that whole issue of that icky birth scene. And the book lags nearer to the end. All talk, no walk. The final battle with the Volturi, hmm now let's see...Nothing really happens. No fighting, no drama, it's just "Don't hurt my baby, she's harmless," "Oh I see, well Bella ciao. Come on guys, let's go grab a bite to eat at the blood bank." Stephenie, this isn't your best work I must say.
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009

Deux Ex Machina Ending

The ending was so unrealistic! The characters didn't have to solve their own problems, which always makes for a disappointing ending for a book. I also feel very uncomfortable with the idea of imprinting, which essentially decides two people's futures based entirely on chance. That is the most depressing thing I can imagine. This is my least favorite book in this series.
Adult Written bylienhuong February 18, 2009
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2009

MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME!

I love Breaking Dawn! It is (in my opinion) the best book in the Twilight series. Don't get me wrong....I love them all! Breaking Dawn is the most adventure packed story of them all and has a very interesting plot! There are more sexual topics in this book than in the other Twilight books though, so I would recommend it for 13-15 year olds minimum! I am a mature 13 year old and I could handle the beginning parts just fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVGURL February 7, 2009

BREAKINDAWN!!!!! SCENES!!!

OKAY IF ANY ADULT SAYS THAT THIS BOOK IS NOT A VERY GOOD BOOK AND THEIR KID CANT READ IT BECAUSE IT HAS A SUM LOVE SCENES THEN THEY REALLY NEED A SLAP BECAUSE FIRST OF ALL THEY DON'T EVEN GO INTO DETAIL!! SECOND ALL THEY SAY IS HEY THAT WAS GREAT LETS DO IT AGEN(OKAY THAT WAS BELLA BUT U KNOW EDWARD LIKED IT) SO LOOK IF YOU'RE A ADULT THAT DOESN'T LET THERE KID READ THE BOOK.THEN YOU'RE NOT VERY SMART. I CAN PROMISE THAT IS WORSE THINGS HAPPENING AT SCHOOL LIKE KIDS ALREADY DOING IT AND TELLING EVERYBODY ABOUT IT.AND I HEARD('IM NOT SURE WERE THIS HAPPENED)THAT A TEACHER HAD TO STEP OUT FOR AWHILE AND THIS BOY AND GIRL. WHO WERE GOING OUT(DUH) JUST GOT ON A DESK AND STARTED DOING IT IN THE MIDDLE CLASS IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!!!YEA AND I BET YOU AND YOU'RE SPOUSE DO MORE NASTY STUFF IN BED!! SO I SAY YOU SHOULD LET YOUR KID READ IT!! OR EVENTUALLY THERE GONNA SOME HOW START READING IT BEHIND YOUR BACK AND THEY'RE GONNA LOVE THE THRILL OF DOING STUFF YOU DON'T LET THEM DO.AND THERE GONNA DO MORE STUFF BEHIND YOUR BACK!! I'M NOT JOKING BECAUSE I GOT GAGES AND I FOUND OUT I CAN DO THINGS WITH OUT THEM KNOWING IT!!! HA! SO I'M WARNING YOU LET THEM READ IT. OKAY FINNALY WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE BOOK!! OKAY THE FIRST ONE WAS GREAT SECOND WAS EH..THIRD COOL NOW THE FOURTH HAD SUM GOOD SCENES BUT I THINK THE FOURTH BOOK KINDA RUINED IT.(KINDA) I MEAN ALL OF SUDDEN POP!! HEY OMG I'M PREGNET!!! LIKE THE WHOLE REASON WE'VE BEEN READING THESE BOOKS WAS FOR BELLA AND EDWARD (ONLY!!)!!! PLOP!! HERE COMES RENESME!!! I KNOW AND MET PEOPLE WHO WERE SHOCKED BELLA WAS PREGNET (THEY DID NOT LIKE IT) THIS GIRL I MET SAID ''THEY MIGHT AS WELL MAKE JACOB THE DAD!! IT CANT GET ANY WORSE!!!'' (YEA SHE SAID THAT) I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS TOTTALY RUINED. IT ACCTUALY WAS KINDA COOL IN SOME PARTS.I THINK ITS STILL GOOD ENOUGH TO READ. SO LIKE GO AHEAD AND READ IT AND ENJOY THE FEW GREAT PARTS!!! =D ~KARAMELL~
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobpatxo3 February 3, 2009
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2009

Was the best

That review was completly wrong. I'm 11 and I loved it! The intimate scenes were not horrible! We all do it someday! That review was written by an uptight mother whose kids are probably doing it!
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2009

It was okay...

The end was a bit predictable, and, frankly, I wanted a fight to break out.The whole happ ending bit is a bit overdone and happens in the other 3 books.The story dragged by, ad the same feelings repeated themselves over and over again. Altough, I did like the plot and the book took me in, like many good books do.
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2009
common sense media has it all wrong this book is to short not to long.i have had to correct many things on this site like one time on the jonas brothers cd review they said that a song said scars in it now back to twilight. omg omg edward cullen is soooooo hot. there is really nothing to bad in this boook.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEricka281 January 21, 2009

I never read this book before

I just want to read some of the book now
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeakup January 20, 2009

Good! Amazing! And...Cute

Back off the sex thing they dint even discribe it and its a honeymoon what do you expect. Also, the only problem i had with is it was that they threw a kid in it. that kind of killed it because everyone starts fighting over that and issues start and all i want is a happy ending i get it but not the way i wanted it,and jacob dear god get him out of there! LOL its a very good book other then that
Teen, 13 years old Written byBecca1511 January 15, 2009

Amazing! i need more!!!!!!

Fantastic i was so excited when i finally got my hands on it. It has the perfect start, middle and end. It is a long book, 700+ pages but if your a die hard Twilight fan its a must read! There is sex in this book, Edward and Bella consummate there marriage and Bella does get pregnant, but it is done tastefully. Stephanie Meyer is a Mormon so you dont have to worry about anything saucy.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2009

Best Book Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Anonymous... I am 11 also and think this is a must read. If you are concerned about the sex, then don't be. It doesn't get into much detail.. but before she reads this book she should read the rest. It goes in this order- twilight new moon eclipse breaking dawn these are eccelent books and I highly reccomend them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter January 8, 2009

A great finish for the series

The much anticipated Breaking Dawn was, in my opinion, almost as good as it was hyped up to be. It answered most of my unanswered questions and delivered a "happy ending" which is always nice for us romantics. I really liked the first chapter, I believe it was, where Bella is describing what her life is like now that people are aware of her engagement to Edward Cullen. (SPOILER ALERT) Bella's pregnency is very gory and it almost takes her life. The final scenes of the book were very intense. It was a good finish to the series and worth the wait.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfatcheecks65 January 7, 2009

i cried!

i cried at the end of this one because it was sad but mostly because i kew that there would not be another book after it..this book is good for young kids my age i think
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn January 1, 2009
Too long? Pretty much anyone who has read this book will agree that it is not long enough! Trust me, you will want more!