All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Parent of a 13 year old Written bydenisetx November 19, 2008

I loved it

I am a parent and when my daughter, who is 13, wanted to go see the movie I decided I better read Twilight so I would get an idea of what we were in store for. I couldn't put it down. I read all four novels in a week and I work full time. Breaking Dawn brought it all together and tied it up with a ribbon. I don't believe after becoming attached to these characters I could have stood to have any of them die. The problem of choosing between two people was solved for Bella and yes it may have been a little too sweet for realists but I don't read fiction to be too close to the real world anyway. I get too much of that. Why not let yourself be in a good place for a time. I loved the way Mrs. Meyer wove together a story that is now one of my favorites. I do think this is the kind of book you would either like or dislike though. I have to say again I loved it and will re read it over and over. This series will be with my collection which includes Gone with the Wind, Lord of the Rings and all the Harry Potter books. If I want realism I will watch the news. I highly reccomend this series to anyone who wants to experience real emotions and enjoys a good read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhoshidoragon November 18, 2008

Stephanie has gone insane.

The ONLY time major characters should get married in the original series (the other option being fanfiction) is at the epilogue or last chapter, where nothing else is supposed to happen. But here we have another pile of Twilight fanfiction-turned-publishing. Why are people reading this junk? WHY?
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2008

I totally LOVED it!!!

Well, I'm only in 5th grade and most of the (unintelligent) kids in my class would just giggle and not really understand the book. (Not exactly for kids my age) The book is great, but I wish it would keep on going! (Why does it have to be the end!?! Why!?!) Random Alert! I wonder how Nessie is going to look like when she's 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySarahxJx November 11, 2008
It is a great book. sure there are some debatable parts. But, as long as your kids understand that this book is a fantasy, they should be fine to read it. Bella gets married young, has ababy, and doesn't care about her future very much. But again it is fantasy and that is what makes the book good. So people need to calm down, even Stephanie Meyer the author says she doesn't agree with all the choices bella makes.