All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Adult Written byeidasreglob June 29, 2009

a little iffy for tweens, 12-14 still a little tiny bit iffy,15+ perfect.

I liked this book, it was as good as the rest. I don't, however, think it needs all the gore as part of the birth scene. Otherwise, i give it a thumbs up for ages 14+.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2013

One of the best books I've ever read.

Awesome! I skipped the Sex Chapter and any other chapter that disturbed me. Bella oftens have feelings of Desire to have Sex with Edward. But except for all the sexual parts it was AWESOME! The Birth wasn't a big deal, and the Volturi part was fine. I wanted to read it when I was 11 but me and my mom agreed I would wait for my 12th Birthday and skip a chapter. She said If there is anything else that disturbs me I could skip ANOTHER chapter. My mom didn't want me to read it a first because of the Sex part and her Desire. Well, she didn't want me to read the series at all first because of Bella's Obsession. I don't like her obsession and I don't care. It's the same with her desire and the sex part. Well, the sex part is stronger than her obsession. But I feel the same for her obsession, desire and sex part. This book was so ROMANTIC( Not Sexual), dramatic, touching, violent and exciting. I would say 11 to 12 and up. All the 11 year olds out there! Wait to you are 12 and skip a chapter! I think it was a great suggestion. I saw both Breaking dawn pt 1 and 2 . I skipped the Sex part on the movies too. My mom can decide when I can read the book again and watch the movies WITHOUT skipping chapters. I'm guessing 13 - 14. But, who knows? Bye!
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2012

It's Awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiami- July 2, 2012

pointless....................................

This book might be fun to read but come on its pointless. you really think in real life you are gonna meet a vampire and fall in love.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2012

Best one

Ya, there is sex, not described, birth scene is..... Disturbing, great book though, (spoiler) when Bella turns into a vampire, it was awesome, usually that would have ruined it for me, but she was better as a vampire, I liked her better
Teen, 14 years old Written byScreennameGirl March 3, 2012

Horrible Book

I was disappointed in this book. It was very violent. And Bella giving birth to a child with lots of blood and bones cracking? She's only 18 years old!!!! How is that being a good role model? Jacob 'marks' Bella's newborn. NOT for kids and tweens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDancingInTheRain January 16, 2012

What was Stephanie Myer thinking?

Lately I have been rejoicing that this series is finally over. This series is unbearable. Not just the fact that it's overly hyped up, it's just sick. Being a teenager, I even thought it was sick and apparently I'm supposed to enjoy this series like basically every other teenage girl who has ever existed. Let's go through every section shall we? First off, educational value. Pretty much nonexistent. To talk about the series as a whole, basically the only class Bella Swan, our lovely-except-not main character, ever went to was Biology, and in that class she just stared creepily at Edward Cullen, one of the two love interests in the stories. Nothing to learn from this. Secondly, positive messages. Also nonexistent. Bella Swan, or at this point, Bella Cullen, gets married at the ripe age of 18, her daughter gets married at the age of 7, which is probably the most REVOLTING part of the overall revolting series, Bella falls in love with Edward in about a week. Yes. A WEEK. Let's see, Edward fights all her battles for her, he's always telling Bella what to do...really I could go on, but let's keep the review going. Positive role-models. Again, nonexistent. Really, Bella is the stereotypical 1950's-esque suburban housewife type of girl who does everything her husband/boyfriend tells her to do. Also, Bella had no sense of independence or self-worth without Edward Cullen. In book two, New Moon, she jumps off a cliff just to hear Edward's voice after he left her. She curls up into the fetal position and goes numb for months on end, while she could have just gathered up the courage to walk away for good when he walked away from her. Many of the people on this site are parents, I'm sure you fell in love with whomever you are/were married to. If they left you, would you have jumped off a cliff because you thought they'd come back if you did? Most likely not, right? Edward Cullen isn't a good role model either. He watched Bella while she slept, he was slightly abusive, extremely controlling, very aggressive. All around a terrible character. Jacob Black, another main character who, in case you were wondering, was, along with Edward, hopelessly in love with Bella. He held promise in the 1st-3rd books but of course Stephanie Myer, the writer of this series, had to ruin him for everyone. In this installment, Breaking Dawn, after "imprinting" on the product of Edward and Bella's (objectionable) love, Renesmee Cullen, who is, in fact, a weird half-human, half-vampire hybrid thing, on account of the fact that Bella is a human and Edward is a vampire, so the baby didn't know what it wanted to be really. Anyway, Jacob falls madly in love with a newborn child, which, for some reason, everyone is completely okay with, even Renesmee, and Edward, Jacob's natural enemy, and Jacob marries her when she is, brace yourself, seven years old, branding him a pedophile for all of eternity. Seriously, is marriage THIS incredibly underage even legal in the place where the book is set, in Forks, Washington? Sixteen is slightly believable, but Seven? Really? Violence. The book is not extremely violent, as the story has practically no conflict, but the fact that Edward and Bella, kids may want to turn away, have sex so hard that Edward breaks the headboard of the bed with his hand, and leaves Bella bloody and bruised in the process. And the fact that he chews the baby out of her stomach, yes, you read that correctly, makes even me cringe. Sex. I already went in detail about the sexual scenes, let's not do this again. Language. Not much. I''ll credit it for that. Consumerism. The Cullens are obviously very rich, that fact that Edward's father, Carlisle, buys an island in this book will tell you that, giving a child reading, particularly a female child, the unnatural idea that if you marry into a rich family, you'll win in life and never have to work, ever. Kids should be developing some sense of a work ethic, right? Too much drinking, drugs, are smoking. Not an issue. Overall, the story is very bad. I wouldn't recommend it for kids, or anyone for that matter. There are good writer's out there, Stephanie Myer just isn't one of them. If you decide to spend your money on this, all you'll be thinking when you're finished is, "Why?"
Teen, 16 years old Written byhggmf December 31, 2011

twilight breaking dawn

Teen, 17 years old Written bymisty f November 29, 2011

VAMP-A-LICIOUS

Wow this book was awesome!!!!! When i read the book I fell in love with this book!!!! The movie is much better though because when I read a book I can't really picture what i am reading. But when I went to see it in theaters i was thinking that it was actually just like the book. everything that happened in the book happened in the movie. " I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU SHOULD REALLY GO SEE THE MOVIE YOU'LL LOVE IT."
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 27, 2011

The Best of the Books, but Still Not That Good

Biggest fail: the Volturi and Cullens don't fight. They talk and then leave. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I can't get over it. The pregnancy is long and dragged out, giving Jacob way too many chapters in his section. Part 2 summarized: Jacob leaves, runs through the woods, goes to the Cullens, run through the woods, and so on. If you made it this far through the series, you might as well finish it off.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBraveGleek November 17, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the Twilight Saga is a very good saga for kids that understand everything in the books and it is my favorite series next to harry potter
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopeyesky November 17, 2011

AWESOME BOOK!

I think this is the best book ever! its really good.......
Teen, 14 years old Written byNixykinz14 October 26, 2011

11 year old reviews really?

My gosh a bunch of 11 year olds are all over here saying its gross because they arent mature enough to read anything higher than junie b. 1st grader books. I mean its a GREAT book in my opinion Im obsessed with twilight but really if you think sex is gross you shouldnt read this book because your not old or mature enough to handle it
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhitehorse13 September 1, 2011

Teen Book with adult moments

Breaking Dawn is a great conclusion to the Twilight series. I couldn't put the book down! There are some inappropriate moments between Edward and Bella. She gets married and has a baby at 18 which is a mature subject for kids. I would definitely recommend it!
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Age 15

Adult Written bynghia April 14, 2011

Parent of a 16 year old Written bysummergurls September 22, 2010

two words.

two word- love' d. it.
Parent of a 2, 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byKristinThorneEllis August 19, 2010

Ok for teens not tweens

I think the characters demonstate an unnatural codependancy. They describe their romace as heroine. At 18 Bella gets married to a teenaged looking 300 year old viampire with whom she has sex for a day or two. After the sex she notices the bruises on herself and the broken furniture. Vampires are too stronge for mortals. Extreemly bloody and violent birth scenario.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written byrufofam5 August 12, 2010

Wonderful ending to a great series

This is the final book in the series and it is the best. It wraps up the story and it totally sucks you in.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

breaking dawn- my FAVORITE from the series!!!! but WARNING!!!

personally, it was my favorite book out of the series, i LOVE all the books but this one was the ABSOLUTE BEST FOR ME!!!!! there is a lot of sex, but it is after marriage so that makes it more appropriate. I would not however encourage it for children under the age of 15 but thats your choice obviously. I would recommend this for mid-teens to upper teens (like myself). But, like I said, it is my FAVORITE, so I am going to DEFINITELY watch it!!!!!