All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGirlWithABlueHat September 6, 2010

Amazing for mature teens!

Loved It. This is a fabulous book for teens. Though some parents might believe its too "out there." I disagree. Most definetly the best book of the series.
Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

good for teens

good
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

10+

even though bella gets pregnet when shes 18, this is a gr8 boojk! any1 over 10 has 2 read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

breaking dawn- my FAVORITE from the series!!!! but WARNING!!!

personally, it was my favorite book out of the series, i LOVE all the books but this one was the ABSOLUTE BEST FOR ME!!!!! there is a lot of sex, but it is after marriage so that makes it more appropriate. I would not however encourage it for children under the age of 15 but thats your choice obviously. I would recommend this for mid-teens to upper teens (like myself). But, like I said, it is my FAVORITE, so I am going to DEFINITELY watch it!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byone•tree•hill July 6, 2010

Too much sexual activity.

Overall it was a great book. Once you get past the honeymoon on Isle Esme it's completely appropriate. They do have sex three times on they're honeymoon the only thing you hear about it is the next morning when she wakes up and when Bella finds out she's pregnant. In the birth scene it's very bloody. After Bella is a vampire it implies that Edward and Bella have sex every night since they don't sleep. Edwards brother Emmett makes comments and teases them about their sex life. It was a great book maybe just a little too much sex to be appropriate for kids under 11 or 12
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 4, 2010

Best book in Saga!

This is the best book in the Twilight Saga! It is more violent than the other books in the Saga. Bella gives birth in a bloody way and some of the ideas are disturbing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMs.Texting Queen June 28, 2010

the bestbook ever

love it!!:) it was my favorite book of all time! it is very gory when bell a gives birth but on ce its out of the way ...its good. the do hae sex a couple times(3), but t has no detail. she also does pput on lingerie.:( so it is iffy kin of
Teen, 14 years old Written byDemiLovato June 27, 2010
Iffy for 11 year olds...On for 13 and over.It's good that she has sex after getting married and out of school.It wasnt as good as 1st and 3rd installment.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2010

GREAT BOOK

ok the best message i think it sent was (because i'm VERY against abortion) was wen Bella decided that she didn't want an abortion even tho so many people suggested it! thers lots of sex scenes most non descriptive and lots of talk of it, including joke by bella brother in law emmet. but to aways surprise me when my mom said i probably couldnt read it she bought a copy of it for me on easter.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBabyBri84 June 20, 2010

IDK

LOL honestly i was a little suprised when they started talking about sex and stuff in Eclipse and in Breaking Dawn. The reason i Think it should be 4 people my age and older is because Its a vampire and stuff and he is always saying b4 the 1st sex scene, "Im not going to hurt you." "Tell me if i do." " I could kill you". Kids younger than me might now alittle about sex but not everything, then girls could get scared from hearing this and they might never want to think about it or do it. They wont get it untill they have the "talk". And its violent and gory.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2010

perfect for older tweens

vampire fans will LOVE this book. sure its a bit violent at parts, but what good vampire book isn't violent?
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoJoCullen June 17, 2010

Okay for very mature 12 yr olds & up that have read The Twilight Saga

This book is the longest and most mature book in the series. Finally, Bella isn't so weak, but there is sex at a young age, even though they are married. The birthing scene is slightly gory, but as long as the readers are mature about it, I don't see anything wrong with this book. Yes, the Cullens have really, really nice cars, but as explained in the series, that's what happens because money means nothing to the Cullens. It just something they accumilate when they have unlimited time on their hands and someone with an uncanily ability to predict trends in the stock market.
Kid, 10 years old March 21, 2010

littlens beware you're in for a scare, teens are cool but don't be a fool... READ IT!

the whole twilight series was a real pleasure to read but i have to say that breaking dawn had to be my favourite. some elements are unsuitable to childern under 12 but lack of description makes it a little less gory and romantic. vampires and werewolves fight frequently which adds the action to the story, though when changing,werewolves turn into humans naked. i hope the film is just as excellent, though i'll have to wait another 3 and a half years to watch it!!! LOL :) i recommend this 4 people over 11 if parents are ok however, i starteed watch the films and reading the books at only 9, but this last one needs to be checked out by parents/guardians before their child reading it! thank you and goodbye!
Teen, 17 years old Written byFeedme24601 March 4, 2010
Some of the things in this book was disturbing.
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Amazing

Great book. I love the plot and story line. There is alot of sex and blood but it also sweet.
Educator Written byBeekmantown April 7, 2016

Garbage

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2016

bad book, mature themes

I think that this book is very inappropriate because there is a character who is pregnant, so there is a lot of talk about pregnancy. There is also way too much sex.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 29, 2015

Really good. And WTF IS wrong with you guys

I read all the 4 books and they are awesome!!! As CSM says this book is more mature. But i think teens over 13 and mature old tweens (Age 11-12) can handle it. Yes, there is one scary scene where Bella gives birth to a vampire baby and they have sex and all that, But still it isn't so bad.