All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 March 17, 2010
I enjoyed the book, but no kid under 16 should be reading it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFeedme24601 March 4, 2010
Some of the things in this book was disturbing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPhoenixWright March 3, 2010

Common Sense's synopsis is wrong!

The Common Sense review is far too opinionated. I'm in no way a Twi-Hard all I know is I enjoyed the Twilight saga and don't think It dragged on too long at all. However I do agree with the age rating as 13+ because the child birth scene does get a bit gory. However if a child has been allowed to read the other 3 books they should read the last one because it is on par with the other books. Sorry to moan but I thought it was a bit unfair to say it was a soap series!
Adult Written bysoccermom787 December 7, 2009

perfect for 7th grade and up

Its definitly worth reading
Adult Written byfaiiryy. October 8, 2009
Bella finally gets her man! the wedding was great!! loved it! RENESMEE!!! loved this book! this book is probably the more risque book of the 4.. but its done in such a subtle way that it doesnt even make any difference really/
Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHappilyEverAfter January 8, 2009

A great finish for the series

The much anticipated Breaking Dawn was, in my opinion, almost as good as it was hyped up to be. It answered most of my unanswered questions and delivered a "happy ending" which is always nice for us romantics. I really liked the first chapter, I believe it was, where Bella is describing what her life is like now that people are aware of her engagement to Edward Cullen. (SPOILER ALERT) Bella's pregnency is very gory and it almost takes her life. The final scenes of the book were very intense. It was a good finish to the series and worth the wait.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightchic2011 January 5, 2009

well i didnt read it yet, but i will, but from reading the reviews i would say little kids like ages 1-12 dont read the book.

Well so far, im behind in my reading, i read twilight and i was so addicted i finished it in a day and i want to continue reading the saga but i have to wait to get the book from the library but i read so many reviews about the saga and i cant wait it sounds very intresting and i know i will like the books very much but as i read the book i will let you know what i think of them o btw edward and emmett are my fav characters mostly edward though. Edward<3
Adult Written byshehan November 26, 2008

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Adult Written bykrazyskaterchick November 21, 2008
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Amazing

Great book. I love the plot and story line. There is alot of sex and blood but it also sweet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOwey May 14, 2016

Read this book at 11 and its not very inappropriate it was one of the best books I've ever read

U should totally read this
Teen, 15 years old Written byog236435 May 5, 2016

Breaking Dawn

A girl name Bella is lost in love with a vampire, which is both dream and a horror. Married to a dangerously, hard reality for Bella S. Pulled by in a direction by her love connection for Edward Cullen, and in another by her difficult connection to a werewolf Jacob Black. She has brought in a fierce year of feeling trapped, loss, and fighting to reach the ultimate development. Her threating choice, to either join the dark but irresistible in a world of different kind of monsters or to waste a full humans life and change into a different person, as known which have two tribes.
Educator Written byBeekmantown April 7, 2016

Garbage

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2016

bad book, mature themes

I think that this book is very inappropriate because there is a character who is pregnant, so there is a lot of talk about pregnancy. There is also way too much sex.
Educator Written byAmslovesgod February 13, 2016

Ending that is just strange

Ok so this is for older readers and not a kid book. There is multiple times the main characters have sex which also leads to pregnancy ( though the characters are married) this leads to a soul mate connection between a young adult and new born. There is talk of fighting but none really happens. There is a birthing part that is very descriptive so be cautious.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2015

The best from the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the most exciting and romantic of the series. You will love Meyer's fantasy and of course sweet Renesme!!!! You will laugh very much with Emmett and you can see the facts from Jacob's side... As I read, people say Bella is a bad role model! I totally disagree ! Bella is an excellent mother and she just made her choices!!!! One from the best books I have ever read!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 29, 2015

Really good. And WTF IS wrong with you guys

I read all the 4 books and they are awesome!!! As CSM says this book is more mature. But i think teens over 13 and mature old tweens (Age 11-12) can handle it. Yes, there is one scary scene where Bella gives birth to a vampire baby and they have sex and all that, But still it isn't so bad.
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015