All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2011

...

put down the book and read harry potter
Teen, 15 years old Written byfitzygrl10 September 25, 2011

worst book ever

terrible book. sends a bad message to kids that teen pregnancy is ok and that money will never be an issue. Bella is an awful role model trying to kill herself, choosing love over friendship (which in real life, love is more likely to fail), being weak (always needing a guy around) and giving the impression that school is unimportant. sex and birthing scenes are graphic.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 13, 2011

Slightly boring, much more mature than all the other Twilight books.

There's some violence, and Bella has sex and does some things with Edward that we really don't need to read about.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

Good

As long as you are a mature preteen (10 and a half-12)
Teen, 13 years old Written byKickinKay September 1, 2011

Nothing 6th Graders Aren't Already Exposed To

I read this book I was 12 I was fine with it. I don't know what parents think but there's nothing in this book that 12 year old doesn't know about. If this was a movie maybe it would be a problem but a book can never be to graphic because it has no pictures/visuals. The violence is a little creepy but if your kid can't handle it they can just skip a couple pages (it's a good technique!!!). If you think this book is something that your kids aren't exposed to yet in 6th grade, you're wrong.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhitehorse13 September 1, 2011

Teen Book with adult moments

Breaking Dawn is a great conclusion to the Twilight series. I couldn't put the book down! There are some inappropriate moments between Edward and Bella. She gets married and has a baby at 18 which is a mature subject for kids. I would definitely recommend it!
Teen, 17 years old Written byifrigginrock August 29, 2011

AWESOME CHIZ

BEST BOOK IVE EVER READ!!!! The Twilight Saga should be the first books your kids should learn how to read x)
Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2011

TWILIGHT HATERS ARE CRAZY:ITS FINE!

this book is by far the best twilight book as it has sooo much happening in it. All the people who dont think its sutible are just sad losers as its not scary at all and i only recomend 11+ as it is a bit rude, but if your child aready knows those words(this is the modern world here, and getting ruder!) then its fine. I thought good books were surposed to be thrilling, like this one. Yes, its not The Secret Garden, but i think children should get a chance to grow up. The birth scene isnt an issue, it barly goes into datail and birth isnt like signging a song!Plus, if you love someone, then you'll never want to part with them! I may only be a child, but i live in the real world and enjoy reading!Oh and yes, i am having a go at you!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysophiebeth100 August 17, 2011

Twilight got nothing on no one

These books are honestly dreadful. If you want your kids to read them, go ahead, but they don't deserve to be read. Stephenie Meyer cannot narrate a story at all. A great author named Stephen King once said: "Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancer4gymnast4848 August 8, 2011

Best book in Twilight Series!

This book was by far the best in the Twilight Series. It is a teen romance novel, so I think that 13 year olds and up can read this book. Bella and Edward get married and have their first kid, Renessme. Some little details my be inappropriate for kids under 13, so ask your parents before reading!
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2011

BEST BOOK EVER

Bella does have a kissy contact with edward but this book was not meant for kids under 13 years of age. But I have to admit best book ever!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2011

How dumb

Ok so i've noitced @Sunniemom HATED Twilight so why the heck did you read all the other books just so you could give them a bad review?? What the **** how stupid is that?? Next time if you don't like a book don't read all the others in the series!! What you think you're gonna all of a sudden fall in love with them!!?? Just because you read them all!? Twilight saga isn't for everyone!
Parent Written byon2it June 13, 2011

yeah buddy

i think its da shiznit all day :)
Parent Written byfazra June 11, 2011

breaking doawn

it looks like a movie for 12a but really its not for kids from10 years and under so parents think twice about which child your taking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustdance June 6, 2011

Not as inappriopriate as you think!

Good grief people, I think you are all overreacting! I was 12 when I read this book, and I loved it! I agree that Bella is not a good role model, but the sexual content is nothing to really be worried about. If your kid has any sense, the bad role models and such won't have an effect on them, and they will realize that it is just a fantasy book, so none of this could/should happen in real life. Oh, and for pity sakes, the birth part is barely gory! Like, seriously! If your kids have read any of the amazing books that kids should read (i.e. Lord of the Rings, The Eragon books (Inheritance Cycle)) then they will have read things that were much more violent. Good grief, stop hating on this good book!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheVampire June 3, 2011

BEST BOOK IN THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

this book only took me 3 weeks 2 read, and i think it wuz worth it. I did'nt really know Bella and Edward had sex until Bella discovered she wuz pregnant. Yeah it wuz a little bloody during Renesmee's birth, but it did'nt bother me. basically, wat i like is the romance <3
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Age 15

Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2011

Pro's and Cons of Breaking Dawn

This is definitely the best installment in this epic tetralogy (a four book series). There are many great parts to this book, but unfortunately there are also some absolutely inexcusable parts for children less than 14 years of age. For a start, there is a lot of commercialism. The Cullen's cars are all mentioned by brand name, and are very expensive. Another thing is that there is frequent use of the D-word. The worst thing about this book is that it has excessive sexual behavior. Bella, who is a 18 year old human, has sex with Edward, who is a 17 year old vampire. (vampires are the same age forever). It does not actually go into detail, but it eludes to sex more than once. The sex ends up with Bella getting pregnant. The fact that Edward and Bella are married relieves a little stress from parents hearts, but not all of it. Well on to the good things. There are very good role models in this book, consisting mostly of Edward and Bella when they are not fooling around. All in all, this book is very good and should be good for romantic readers as well as fantasy readers. 13 year-olds should be mature enough to handle this book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook Cop May 14, 2011

Makes Me Want To Cry

I'm sorry, but I just need to rant now on this tree wasting abomination of a book. Okay, so if I HATE the Twilight series, why did I read this book? I guess that every time I finished one of Meyer's books, I told myself, "The next one will be good,", but it just got worse. Where do I start? Sorry if this gets out of order. Firstly, I like books that are fairly realistic; not realistic as in realistic fiction, as in believable plot line. This. Had. None. I mean, all throughout this miserable series, the characters were faced with challenges that built up but never actually resulted in anything happening. None of the characters made ANY sacrifices. The whole book was basically like the Fasttrack in Disney: OMG, we're going to hit that wall; no, wait, it moved, okay. For just a few examples, not actual quotes: Bella: I can't have kids if I stay with Edward, but I'm willing to sacrifice it. Next minute, kid. Or: Edward: When you become a newborn, you will have uncontrollable blood lust that consumes your mind. But not with Bella, no- she's perfect. Meyer writes her own fantasy, which is why nothing bad ever happens to the characters. The message sent to young girls such as myself is horrific- Bella continually whines about her lack of good looks, lack of skill, etc.: way to give girls self esteem! Also stressed is the fact that the opposite gender is all that matters, with the main character having absolutely no interests other than Edward; what the heck did she do other than mope before him? Unfortunately, all we hear of that is how miserable she was at EVERYTHING SHE DID. Main characters are supposed to be the strong, brave, role model types, but it feels to me like Meyer was writing from a side character's POV. Also, with no offense to Bella- wait, yes, offense- I have absolutely no clue what a multilingual, musical, sportsy vampire sees in the girl who does nothing. Not saying that Edward is great, either: all he does (like Bella, our supposed to be role model) is blame himself for everything and kiss the ground that Bella walks on- doesn't HE have any self esteem, or are he and Bella identical in that. Additionally, Bella's always saying that the money bag Cullens are soooooo nice and good, but if they're really that loaded, why do we just hear about them bribing and forging and waving their cash around rather than giving some money to charity or something. I'm sure there's more, but I can't write anymore at the moment without hurting my hands. At least I did take one thing from this book as a young writer: how NOT to write. Now, I check when I write that I haven't used the same phrase or wording too much (like Meyer did). I also learned to stay consistent with my characters and make sure that their interest, appearance, etc. is significantly built up, rather than what Meyer did again. I truly felt like I was reading an essay scored 1 in class, one of those that everyone laughs at because of its lack of quality. My advice: don't read this book: it had bad messages that I haven't even listed yet for lack of time, Meyer OBVIOUSLY forgot that she was writing YA, and more. I'm sorry that this wasn't very much about the plot itself, whose errors could keep me up all night writing, and I hope you find this helpful and don't read the book. To those of you who do, I will say this; I warned you.
Adult Written bybookwolf May 12, 2011

Want some advice on Breaking Dawn?

I loved it, and if you have kids who want to read it but you're not sure, here's some advice: Read it before them. If your kid(s) are fairly mature, they should be able to handle it. Right before the birth part, take the book and skip ahead a few pages until you think there're at a better part. It helps a lot, but then you should just fill them in in minor detail so the don't get confused later.