All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Parent of a 11, 11, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaj4 April 14, 2009

Gets them reading!

This is a great series if you are having trouble getting kids to read. Not only do they really get into it but they discuss it with all of thier friends. I admit I was worried about context so, I read them. I myself really enjoyed the story. Ages 11-17 no problem.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightchic2011 January 5, 2009

well i didnt read it yet, but i will, but from reading the reviews i would say little kids like ages 1-12 dont read the book.

Well so far, im behind in my reading, i read twilight and i was so addicted i finished it in a day and i want to continue reading the saga but i have to wait to get the book from the library but i read so many reviews about the saga and i cant wait it sounds very intresting and i know i will like the books very much but as i read the book i will let you know what i think of them o btw edward and emmett are my fav characters mostly edward though. Edward<3
Adult Written byshehan November 26, 2008

Bella is awesome, better than Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, and Nathaniel all together

The best book you will read for a while. I think it was a long shot to talk about what she did in a tween book but it is still an amazing book. Any mature person could read it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byflashesofgreen November 22, 2008

Pretty Good!

It was good but it wasnt so great because there wasn't much Edward and Bella.... but it was still awesome! :D About half of the book was told in Jacob's point of view which was alright but i was counting pages till i got back to Bella's point of view :D
Adult Written bykrazyskaterchick November 21, 2008
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2016

Amazing

Great book. I love the plot and story line. There is alot of sex and blood but it also sweet.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOwey May 14, 2016

Read this book at 11 and its not very inappropriate it was one of the best books I've ever read

U should totally read this
Teen, 15 years old Written byog236435 May 5, 2016

Breaking Dawn

A girl name Bella is lost in love with a vampire, which is both dream and a horror. Married to a dangerously, hard reality for Bella S. Pulled by in a direction by her love connection for Edward Cullen, and in another by her difficult connection to a werewolf Jacob Black. She has brought in a fierce year of feeling trapped, loss, and fighting to reach the ultimate development. Her threating choice, to either join the dark but irresistible in a world of different kind of monsters or to waste a full humans life and change into a different person, as known which have two tribes.
Educator Written byBeekmantown April 7, 2016

Garbage

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2016

bad book, mature themes

I think that this book is very inappropriate because there is a character who is pregnant, so there is a lot of talk about pregnancy. There is also way too much sex.
Educator Written byAmslovesgod February 13, 2016

Ending that is just strange

Ok so this is for older readers and not a kid book. There is multiple times the main characters have sex which also leads to pregnancy ( though the characters are married) this leads to a soul mate connection between a young adult and new born. There is talk of fighting but none really happens. There is a birthing part that is very descriptive so be cautious.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2015

The best from the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the most exciting and romantic of the series. You will love Meyer's fantasy and of course sweet Renesme!!!! You will laugh very much with Emmett and you can see the facts from Jacob's side... As I read, people say Bella is a bad role model! I totally disagree ! Bella is an excellent mother and she just made her choices!!!! One from the best books I have ever read!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 29, 2015

Really good. And WTF IS wrong with you guys

I read all the 4 books and they are awesome!!! As CSM says this book is more mature. But i think teens over 13 and mature old tweens (Age 11-12) can handle it. Yes, there is one scary scene where Bella gives birth to a vampire baby and they have sex and all that, But still it isn't so bad.
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Educator Written bybugmenot April 6, 2015

Stupid beyond stupid!

A stupid story with stupid characters. Bella, an airheaded teenybopper, falls in love. OK, fair enough. But her love interest is a freakin' vampire! Not a person! It's basically "Beauty and the Beast" of 2010's, only with more consequences for the poor young woman. She almost dies in birth, for crying out loud. [sarcasm]But hey, at least give them credit for getting married before having sex.[/sarcasm] This book teaches everything wrong. It tells young girls that it's OK to fall in love with someone who could be dangerous to you, just because you "love him". We have enough abusive relationships in our society as it is, and don't need this garbage adding fuel to the fire. I'm just glad the vampire fad is on the way out, after having its heyday a few years ago. All in all, I recommend it. If the lights go out in your house, and your fireplace is woodburning, you'll need *something* to kindle the fire, right?
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymolly2568 October 1, 2014

Not what you would expect

Most people avoid having their kids read this saga because they think it has too much sexy stuff. Really the only part parents should be cautious about is the birth scene, where bella breaks her spine, and there are a lot of gory details.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4L4 July 27, 2014

Brilliant book for ages 13-17 and all adults

The Twilight saga is my favourite book series in the world. Note to parents ____ its OK to let your 12 year old read this book if she really wants to, but not really sutible for anyone under 13 due to 18 year old Bella wanting MORE THAN kissing with vampire edward and then a bloody birth scene.
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

Not a very good read

I highly discourage reading this book. With too much sex and violence, with not a lot of educational value, this isn't a very good read.
Teen, 13 years old Written by123hannah4567 July 1, 2014

I Used to Have Pretty Bad Taste

(By the way this review is kinda for the whole saga) When I was in 6th grade I decided to read the Twilight Saga. I was really obsessed with the books and with vampires. Now I realize that the books weren't really that good at all. They were better than the movies, but that's not really saying much. I guess the books were kind of entertaining, but I've read much better books. Anyway, so now to what you should know about it. Educational Value- None. At all. Except maybe how to be a stupid teenager. Great Messages- I guess the only great message was that Bella would do anything to protect her baby. Great role models- I think that Edward was a better role model than Bella, but they were both horrible role models. In the second book all Bella did was cry and cry over Edward. She should have gotten over herself and found a new boyfriend!! Also, Bella doesn't make any of her own choices until the last book!!!! The last thing is that she got married right after she finished high school! Would you want your children looking up to a girl like that?? Violence- There wasn't enough violence in the last book!!! There was hardly ANY violence between the Cullens and the Volturi!!!! But there was the birth of the baby, and that was just GROSS!!!!!! Sex- In the 3rd book Bella was REALLY stupid and wanted Edward to have sex with her. Edward stopped her, but there was some sex in the last book after they get married. It was described for WAY too long!!!!! Swearing- It actually wasn't that bad. Not anything more than what kids hear at school. No f words. Consumerism- whatever Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- I don't remember
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

My Favorite In The Series!

Breaking Dawn is by far the best book in the Twilight series. Its really entertaining and it is NOT inappropriate.