All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2011

great book

I love this book but it is a little to grownup for some kids
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycutemama January 18, 2011

better for older girls

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 18, 2011

If you arent mature, just put it down.

When i picked this book up, i was looking for a good laugh, a book similar to the first one were stephenie myers dosent overdo the romance factor, and even includes some subtle humor. What i got instead was a slap in the face and bella having a baby! with the whole baby thing, they gave way to much info! if you liked any of the previous books, DO NOT READ THIS ONE!!
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2011

Good Book

It's a good book, but very sexually inappropriate for kids that don't know what sex is. It's very violent, with a baby that rips through Bella's stomach, and Bella being bitten by vampires and almost dying. I didn't know what morphine was, but I know now. If you know what sex is, you can know what it feels like(educational)! It teaches you that love creates bot good and bad things.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2011

A good one, just be carefuln

The book is a good story, but there are one or two parts that are a bit to gory for liking. Just skip those parts and you'll be fine!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2011

luv the book!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2011

Breaking Dawn is defiantly the best of the series, and makes you not want to put it down. But I think if you are going to let your child under the age of 10 read it, then you should explain some of the content and assure your child that it's a mature book, and that they need to know whats expected in it. Other then that, Breaking Dawn is an amazing book that will catch the eyes of tweens and teen. It sure caught my eyes, and I enjoyed it so much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 January 11, 2011

Dedicated fans will race through the most mature book of the series

Great ending. The book is huge but nearly every page takes your breath away. Also, whether people says Bella and Edward's love as obsessive, i disagree. This book is extemely mature for tweens, but it leaves you satisfied at the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookluver17852 January 11, 2011

great book for mature readers only!

I thought this was a fantastic book. I read it when I was barley eleven (even thoigh I probably shouldn't have). I wasn't stupid. I understood about stuff like sex but its nust not something someone that age should be reading. Bella giving bjrth was pretty. Graphic but that's the only really gruesome thing in the book. I guess if you know what you are reading that it is an qppropriate book.
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2011

i really liike it but there is a lot of things that you will need to explain
Teen, 15 years old Written byPiper098 January 10, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written by022897 January 9, 2011

It's FABULOUS!!!!!!

I liked.... I read it when I was 13 since I already know abot the birdies and the bees and also they were married and in love so it was okay. The drugs are for the birth and the money cannot be blamed because we all fantasize about having as much money as the cullens Love and respect
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiffany12136 January 9, 2011

perfect book for teens 13+, not for any less only if they know what the book is about

Im only 13 and i understand what the book is about, i finished the book a couple months before i turned 13 and i would say some of the elements in it as violence and sex scenes in it would be more approprite for a 13 year old. i donot like how adults are saying this book is a 3rd grade level at all. other then all of the harsh scenes in this book, it was the best book of all the twilight saga.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySudmalis January 1, 2011

good book for matue teens

yeah, there's a violent birth sene with interspecies breeding yeah, there's interspecies breeding, yeah, jacob cusses a lot still a great story for mature readers ONLY!
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbs December 30, 2010

know what you are getting into before you waste your time and money

okay, yes she was married when she had sex, but, getting married so she can, is not exceptable. bella does grow up in this book, but i must wonder...
Teen, 15 years old Written byprecious_beauty December 18, 2010

Perfect for ages 15+, but not for tweens

I am 15 and this is the only book of the twilight saga that i actually read. I enjoyed it and it kept me on my toes reading. It took me about 6 days to finish it. I never wanted to put it down so i finished it very quickly. Sex was seen in this book but it is still a good book for ages 15+
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2010

THE BEST TWILIGHT EVER!!!

THIS IS THE BEST TWILIGHT EVER! The sexual content is not bad as everyone is saying- believe me I know what they are saying. The biggest scene that you need to watch is Bella's birth scene. It is very graphic. You would also have to think- " My kid will want to see this in theaters when it comes out. Do I really want them to see this in theaters?" Questions always work. This is a very good book, but very time consuming, and addictive. So if you start it and have something else to do, I'd do that before you start reading it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySierraK December 17, 2010

Don't let your tweens or young teens read this horrible book!

I feel disgusted by the number of reviews from ADULTS who are like, "Yeah, 12 year-olds would love this! Oh, the sex scene? It's short so whatever." This stuff does matter! It's disturbing!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTwilighterGurl13 December 9, 2010

Amazing Book!

This book is just amazing.I read it and I just fell in love with it.Stephenie Meyer is a genius!But, I wouldn't reccomend this book for ages 13 and under because there are intense sex scenes in this book (when Bella and Edward are on their honey moon, but Stephenie Meyer doesn't mention any private parts which is good).I reccomend this book to teens and moms of every age to read this book.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAgosSotter December 9, 2010