All member reviews for Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga, Book 4

Last book of supernatural soap saga is slightly more mature.

Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2010

if you know junk

love it but only for kids who know where babies come from and the pain though labor
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010

good for teens

Some people says it is good for ages nine and up but think that is just inappropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written byriveracrystal92... August 30, 2010

twilight braking down love story

i love the book i want to see you in pirsin one day
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2010

Perfect for kids going to middle school

I personally love the book and it's very interesting and emotional. Intelligent children such as myself love the book.
Parent of a 2, 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byKristinThorneEllis August 19, 2010

Ok for teens not tweens

I think the characters demonstate an unnatural codependancy. They describe their romace as heroine. At 18 Bella gets married to a teenaged looking 300 year old viampire with whom she has sex for a day or two. After the sex she notices the bruises on herself and the broken furniture. Vampires are too stronge for mortals. Extreemly bloody and violent birth scenario.
Teen, 14 years old Written byumumum August 17, 2010

awsome book that just has to be read by any age

love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykeiona moore August 13, 2010

16 an up fine 14-15 not so sure

thank god the sex between them wasnt describe i think the conversation and details about their sexual encounters are appropriate for the targeted audience the fact that bella did not receive an abortion is great in my opinion it sends a positive message of responsibility and the fact that they waited to have sex until they were married is even better now a days
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written byrufofam5 August 12, 2010

Wonderful ending to a great series

This is the final book in the series and it is the best. It wraps up the story and it totally sucks you in.
Teen, 13 years old Written byacm97 August 7, 2010

For preteens and teens

Breaking Dawn is a great book with just a few inappropriate parts in it. Though Bella is married when she has sex with Edward, I find the way "Bella" describes it very bizarre. The part when Bella and Edward have sex does not go into detail, but a few times in the book, Bella talks about the experience and thinks about it. The worst part of the book is when Edward performs an oral c-section when Bella is giving birth making the book extremely graphically violent. Many parents I know don't let their children read these books because of the sex parts many parents think is awful when the part most should be worried about is the violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynarrissica August 5, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2010

Perfect for preteens and older!

This book has a few inapropriate parts for kids under the age of twelve, but i ti s about standing up th e ones you love and willing to risk your own life for someone else. This book sends many positive message sto the readers. It also talks about staying close to your family and friends. Whaen Bella gets changed into a vampire, she still sees her dad and has a good family relationship with him. And they turn enemies to friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzoetz97 July 30, 2010

Honestly, it may seem like its worth reading but really...

Bella is wimp, okay whatever about the sex part, lots of kids know what that is, but its turned from a vampire book too a teenage pregnancy book. Not to mention, its really boring, well the book three part anyways. Jacobs part was quite funny. And for the violence part, big whoop have you seen the cartoons little kids are watching these days? I enjoy the first three books much better.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byZenon Dextria July 25, 2010

It was not too long if you like the saga. The birth sceene was pretty scary, but words don't scare as much as actual pictures,and Ithink of violence as battles and fighting. I liked Book Three best, though Book two was also good. The ending does sort of leae you hanging, but you could imagine what happens next, I guess.
Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

good for teens

good
Teen, 13 years old Written bytristenhunnicutt July 21, 2010

i think kids should read it too because i'm 12 and understand the whole thing. maybe 11 and up should read and 10 and down shouldn't unless they're more mature like a 12 year old. maybe mature from 8 to ten.it's a really good book too.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

10+

even though bella gets pregnet when shes 18, this is a gr8 boojk! any1 over 10 has 2 read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

breaking dawn- my FAVORITE from the series!!!! but WARNING!!!

personally, it was my favorite book out of the series, i LOVE all the books but this one was the ABSOLUTE BEST FOR ME!!!!! there is a lot of sex, but it is after marriage so that makes it more appropriate. I would not however encourage it for children under the age of 15 but thats your choice obviously. I would recommend this for mid-teens to upper teens (like myself). But, like I said, it is my FAVORITE, so I am going to DEFINITELY watch it!!!!!
Parent Written byvolture July 10, 2010

wow. I thought Breaking Dawn is the best of the series. Parents, at first I, myself, did not want my 12 year old daughter reading it because of what my 14 year old daughter told me about it. My 12 year old begged me, so I read it. Very good book. Their were some mentions of sex, but none at all were described.When Bella gives birth there are mentions of blood and breaking bones but not very descriptive. Edward and Bella are very good role models. Edward and Bella wait to have sex after they are married,Edward is always saving Bella, Bella is against abortion, and they love each other and no one else. I ended up letting my daughter read the book and she loved it. All Parents I would do the same.
Adult Written byKRYSTY_202 July 9, 2010

GOOD FOR TEENS NOT FOR KIDS

I LOVE THE BOOKS AND THE SERIES I THINK THEY SHOULD RATE IT FOR TEENAGERS 15+ BECAUSE I WANT THE MOVIE TO BE TRUE TO THE BOOKS SO I REALLY WOULD LOVE IF THEY RATED IT R
Teen, 14 years old Written byone•tree•hill July 6, 2010

Too much sexual activity.

Overall it was a great book. Once you get past the honeymoon on Isle Esme it's completely appropriate. They do have sex three times on they're honeymoon the only thing you hear about it is the next morning when she wakes up and when Bella finds out she's pregnant. In the birth scene it's very bloody. After Bella is a vampire it implies that Edward and Bella have sex every night since they don't sleep. Edwards brother Emmett makes comments and teases them about their sex life. It was a great book maybe just a little too much sex to be appropriate for kids under 11 or 12