All member reviews for Bud, Not Buddy

Teen, 17 years old Written byBurninHot_1311 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byassaneopare April 27, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdgirl96 January 16, 2011

definitly deserves its awards

I love this book! It has some sad parts but still manages to be funny some of the time. I really like Bud; he has such an interesting perspective on life. I enjoyed Bud Caldwell's Rules and Things for Having a Funner Life and Making a Better Liar Out of Yourself. One thing I really like about Christopher Paul Curtis is that he writes about African-Americans in the North, who you don't hear as much about as those in the South.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymomandbro April 9, 2008

Bud Not Buddy

is about a kid on the lam
Teen, 13 years old Written byderay2010 January 11, 2010

bud not buddy

I like this book but in class wen my teacher reads it i go to sleep
Teen, 15 years old Written byCourtneyRheanne October 26, 2009

best book ever.

Bud not Buddy is my favorite book, and It always will be.I first read this book in fifth grade, and I am still reading it till this day(: I have read it about 6 times. and every time I love it more. So if your looking for a good book. read BUD NOT BUDDY. hes journey is real aspiring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 13, 2009

One of my favorite books of all time

"Bud, Not Buddy" is (in my opinion) a fantastic tale about an orphan boy in the Depression era who's on a search for his father. It has colorful characters, twists, and plenty of emotion. I read it as an assignment for school, but bought it because I liked it so much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byber10her January 12, 2010

read it

it is a good book and i think kids and parent should read it
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2009

Great

It is a great book even though I haven't read ALL of it. Sexual behavior is when someone dips someones hand in warm water while there sleeping and they "wet the bed"
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2011

terribul for kids, cool for teens!

it is terribil. Bud gets locked up in a shed overnight, scared because of what his foster parents told him, "there's a blood stain on the floor from the last kid who was in there! And the one before that had a bug stuck in his ear and it didn't come out!" the foster parent really lock him in the dark shed all night! And when he tries to get out he finds they put dead fish heads on the door handle! and they tell him that there are vampire bats in the shed, Bud finds one. then he wacks it with a rake and it's really a hornet's nest all the hornets attack kim and then he finds a way out and has to fend for himself on the street! i don't like this book at all! oh, and it says an unpositave word!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2011

Historical report!

This was a great book, I just read it because I had to pick a historical fiction book, it was a good book but just not my type I perfer mysteries. It is a good book overall.

Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2009

bud not buddy

loveit
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2011

okay

i think this book should only be read by older kids but over all it was not that bad .
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2010

good for grades 3 and up

i am a student at morgan fitzgarald middle school. My reading teacher, Mrs Krausse , suplied us all with the book Bud, Not Buddy, to read and then return to her. We had this tape of someone reading it, chapter by chapter. I LOVED it!!! So did my other classmates in 6th grade. i think that every school should do this. i not only teaches you about the grate depersion, there may be new vocabulary that your familly can talk about and the unbeleving curage of a boy so yong as 9. it's inspiering......
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2011

Bud not Buddy

it is a wonderful book and it teaches kids how tough life was back in the 1800's
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2011

Bud,was dissapointing

I personally did not like this book, they never got to the point and the end was confusing.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

good book

good book it did involve bud holding a gun so dont read to kids who cant handle boks with guns in it but other than that awesome book. exciting funny everything needed to make a book amazng
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2011

cool

ok
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Great Book!

This book remind me of Forest Gump, in which many oddities happen in his life. This is a well written book and should be read by all. Yes, there is some violence, but it's not too bad Stars: 5 Not for children 8 and under