Parent reviews for Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers: Captain Underpants, Book 9

Fun, clever time-travel plot mixes with usual potty jokes.

Adult Written byREVIEWS ARE HERE July 25, 2021

Great book

This is actually my favorite book of the series. I own all of them. But there are some things I want to talk about. This book isn't really about Tippy Tinkletrousers (formerly Professor Poopypants), it is about George and Harold's kindergarten days. There was a school bully named Kipper Krupp (whose is Mr. Krupp's nephew). He also has three other bullies as his friends. He is a bully to all kindergartens. George and Harold prank him by making him thing a ghost named Wedgie Magee is after him. But there are somethings other adults should know before reading this book. The first thing is that at the gas station, where Kipper Krupp, his three friends, and Billy Bill the gas station owner bully Harold. George removes the letters K and E from the sign Free Brake Inspection, making it read Free Bra Inspection. Women come and start hitting Billy Bill, causing a big traffic jam. Later Billy Bill goes out of business. I think as long as your 8-year-olds don't know what bra means, it will be fine. Later, George and Harold make their first comic book called the Adventures of Dog Man. At the end of the comic, there is some wine, but it is non-alcoholic. In the beginning of the book, Tippy escapes from Captain Underpants by going back in time. He goes back in time just as Kipper and his friends are running out of the school on a thunderstorm night. He accidentally frightens them, making them go bonkers. The police think Mr. Krupp is behind this, and Mr. Krupp gets fired. If there was no Mr. Krupp, there was no Captain Underpants. And if there was no Captain Underpants, no one was there to save the world. Where Tippy goes back to the present, he realizes his mistake. He vows to fix what he had done wrong. But an evil zombie nerd steps on Tippy and kills him, leaving behind a squishy red stain. But in the next book, it is revealed that Tippy wasn't killed, and the red stain was actually ketchup. I think if you get this book for your child, you should also buy the 10th book. Overall, I think this is still the best book in the series.

Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 8-year-old Written byAmy J April 14, 2018
I was never super excited that my son wanted to read these books. He's a good reader and there is so much better out there for 8 year olds to read than this. But, when my 6 year old showed me the chapter in this book where the character removed some letters from a "Brake Inspection" sign to make it say "Bra Inspection" that pretty much sealed it for me. Funny? I guess? But completely not appropriate for a 6 or 8 year old boy. Not at all.

Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 18+-year-old Written bycome to pa pa August 6, 2015

cud of been better

it has some baby humor they need to cut out some lil baby humor