All member reviews for Chains

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey October 18, 2009

great book! I finished it in a day!

wow, I've never read a 300 page book in like aday before! Nor have I ever read so long striaght just like that! Chains is a great book, full of action, and hardly anything bad. the CSM review makes it sound a lot more brutal than it really is. I mean the violence is easy to miss, even a cover-to-cover reader like me can skip through it easily, its so subtle. Anyways, its a great book I highly recomend it! And believe me, it's not the kind of book you can put down once you pick it up.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Great book but to intense for smaller kids

Great book- my teacher reccomended it, she also said it was intense- i was littarly crying by the end of it.....
Teen, 13 years old Written byileannec March 23, 2015

A book to read

It's great I read it just now and it was amazing Kids r going to grow up and need to learn everything they can its not just "perfect life no violence so happy". That's just trash. It can be a hard book to understand but u will understand when u start maturing which is NOW!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDolphinsrock September 7, 2012

Warning.....but educational

I believe that if your child can handle such violence (refer to Hitler), then it should be okay for your child to read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycc2.casey November 10, 2011

Review of Chains

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2010

vilont but educational

This is a good read but vilont. The vilonce includes beating, death, whipping, starvashion, and talk of lose. But as well as being to vilont for young readers it does have some educational value about slavery.
Teen, 13 years old Written byezmx23 April 21, 2010

amazing book

very good!
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2009

Love it!

I LOVED this book! I got it last Christmas when I was 10, read it, and loved it! I'm still searching for the sequel, Forge.