All member reviews for Charlotte's Web

Gentle, much-loved classic delights all ages.

Age

Parent of a 14 year old Written bynoorisusan October 10, 2010

5 ages an up

LOVE IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkype272 October 28, 2010

Good book for the young and old.

It is a good book for the young and old. A Classic tale that can be read to all book lovers and non readers alike. With many twists and turns with a touching morale But personally: This book may be a little to childish to some.
Educator and Parent Written byDadaNick45 January 28, 2011

be careful if your children have sensitivity toward animals

Wonderful book but be sure that your children are at an age where they understand the beginning and where Wilbur was almost killed. This could set the tone for a negative reading experience.
Kid, 8 years old August 7, 2014

Jussssssssssssssssstttttttt fiiiiinnnneeeee

Awsomeeeee
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Charlotte's web.

This story teaches me about friendship and death. Death is a thing that everyone has to go through. The friendship and love here between Wilbur and Charlotte is strong. I'd recommend this story to kids age 7 and above.
Kid, 9 years old June 20, 2010

Perfect for all ages

Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2010

the forest oh hands and teeth

it is a touching book
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2010

Charolette's Web

Charolette's web is a very good book. It was a good book about how friendship goes a long way.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byJojano May 25, 2010

I read this book out loud to my kids when they were little, and the whole family enjoyed it. Beware: it WILL make you cry!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byorangehamster December 19, 2014

A down to earth classic

I warned my 4.5 year old in advance of the spider's fate, there's no way I could've just sprung that on her. So, her first reaction after we finished was to say she didn't like the book because Charlotte died. Clearly, she just needed time to mourn because the next day she wanted me to start reading it again. What I didn't anticipate was her being put off the book at the start because of the threat to Wilbur's life. I think that was more difficult to deal with because there are multiple moments of threat and it's not like dying of old age. But once I reassured her that he would be ok, she was keen to continue.
Parent Written byEdna Gerrity June 4, 2011

Charlotte's webb....Charlotte is my hero and role model and I am 43

I absolutely love this book... it has been an altime favorite of mine since childhood.... Charlotte still remains my hero and inspiration.... she is my role model and I am 43
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byhannahrose April 28, 2011

Perfect Read-Aloud

Teen, 13 years old Written byisaac is awsome October 28, 2010

brilliant

a very positive message delivered in a way children will enjoy, it has some sad parts but those are educational, like how to deal with death. all the charactors are good though some are a bit mean(i love templeton) but overall a brilliant novel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykitten1997 July 6, 2010

Charlottes web is a very good book. I garentee that your kids will love this book alot.

Parents, u dont need to worry about your kids reading Charlottes Web. It is very good book. There is nothing in this book that is not age appropate. There is nothing to worry about in this book. I promise. All of them ppl that r saying that it is not a good book for younger kids well they need to open up there eyes and read a lil better cause this is one of the best books i have ever read.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2010

A tearjerker, but a classic

I loved this book. It is easy to follow the story line and the characters are likable (even Timpliton the rat, who brightens later in the book). Charlotte is friendler and sounds like a nice person (or spider!) Violence: SPOILER It's pretty upsetting when Charlotte dies. But Charlotte dies in peace so that's good. END OF SPOILER The plot revolves around a farmer trying to kill Wilbur, so it might be scary for little kids. I defiantly recommend it to anyone.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2010

I absolutely love it!!! 100% love it!!! The best book in the world!!! Best one ever!!!
Kid, 3 years old April 14, 2010

i hate it
Parent Written byrivermom December 24, 2009

Perfect read-aloud chapter book

My five year old son loved this book. Every question he asked while we were reading was answered almost immediately in the text itself - as if the author anticipated exactly what kids would need to know. We both really enjoyed reading it together.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 26, 2009

Classic!

This is a classic book that a kid of any age can read. Kids will love the talking animals, espeaxcilly Wilbur. A must read.