All member reviews for Charlotte's Web

Gentle, much-loved classic delights all ages.

Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2011

This book is Perfect for 5 years+ and a great story to read to your little kids!

When Fern convinces her father not to kill the runt pig of the litter, she names him Wilbur and raises him with a bottle. But when he grows older, Wilbur is in for spiders, rats, knives, and making lots of new friends!
Kid, 9 years old April 26, 2011

i love it i read it once it is such a good book
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2010

I love this book. It is very sad and happy at the same time and that is what I love about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzuley aley guevara November 5, 2010

its a really good book for everyone...

well im writing an essay on this book is great book even though its a short story and sad this book shows us how good friendship we could have with a person doesnt matter who you are were you come from and its really intertaining story. remember its always important you read to your children they are the future of tommarow well god bless each and one of you readers to the top :)
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2010

fern

Fern is a great role model. Although it had a sad ending, even though the only animal that died was a spider, she was a big part in the story!
Kid, 10 years old June 2, 2010

E.B. White's Best

Teaches lessons of life and death and how you should live everyday to the fullest. The Newberry has it's reasons to give the award to a book. With Charlotte's Web, there's no wrong and no exception for no honor.
Teen, 16 years old Written byah2010 May 19, 2010

Great Book!

Charlottes Web was an entertaining book about a girl, named Fern, and her love of animals. She shows her love by saving a runty little pig out of a litter from the barn. She takes care of it everyday, and they soon become very attached to each other. This book goes through the heartfelt childhood of a little girl, and memories that many can relate to from some point in their lives. Very touching!
Kid, 8 years old May 13, 2010

sqeak!skweal!

ALL GOOD! major fun. there is sad parts, but it is a great classic and starter.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

Perfect for ages 5+

I love this book! It's great for all ages and perfect for book clubs. Its educational, has a great message, and all of the characters are great role models!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymcpinroc April 18, 2010

An instant favorite

A great first chapter book
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2010

I love it for it is about love,death,friendship and will touch your heart i know it touched mine i cried a whole hour after i read it!
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2010

100% luck

When the end of the book Tempelton is very fat.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2010

good book for children.... But not young children.

The book is definetly a very good one especially for kids! But not really young kids. One because its hard for young kids to read and two there is a very sad death at the end. So don't read it to them at all if there 4 or under a little bit iffy at 5 and OK at 6.
Adult Written byamo2006 January 20, 2010

Perfect for everyone

This book is amazing. I have read it since I was able to read. Something I do not understand is how someone could think it is to violent or even has to much drug use in it. This book teaches kids so much about life and friendship that every person should read it at least once.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGrnBay4everfan December 23, 2009

Heartwarming story about friendship and forming bonds

This one one of my favorite books as a child. Everytime I read it, I cry. Charlotte's Web is about a young girl who falls in love with a regular pig at first sight. Her dad says there were too many in Wilbur (the pig)'s litter and was going to kill him. But before doing so, the young girl saves his life and raises him while he's still growing. In my opinion, the moral of the story is how if you believe, anything can happen. THe characters in this story create a bond with each other and although this story is quite sad but also happy, it will sure be a book that is hard to forget. From children to grandparents, I am sure anyone who takes the time to pick up and read this book will enjoy it, whichever way they look at it :)
Parent of a 3, 3, and 6 year old Written bymagasalee November 7, 2009

great story my son couldn't wait to finish reading it.
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2009

I love the book because it explains about a little girl who loves this pig very much. Wilbur whos getting bigger and older doesnt want to leave Fern. Fern's dad sells the pig and Ferns uncle,whos a farmer takes him. Fern goes to the farm everday and see's Wilbur everyday. Everyday she comes to Wilburs pen,she sees that he gets fatter and fatter. She doesnt know that Uncle Hommer is making him fat,so he can kill him. Then, Wilbur finds a spider named charlotte and charlotte helps him. By putting nice words on her web. Uncle Hommer thinks that a miracle was put on him. But thats not really true. This book is Excellent!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byLindy1 October 5, 2009

Adult Written bysara777 September 16, 2009

perfect for any age

this book is a touchstone for american literature. i believe that every child should have the chance to read it and enjoy it. they will learn many new words and have the chance to imagine and also learn some new things about the real world. i first read this book when i was 6 and it has been one of my absolute favorites. since then i have probably read it hundreds more but everytime i find something new and enjoyable about it. although it addresses the issue of death, its not a harsh reality of it. charlotte does die but in a peaceful way. anyone will love this book, and if you do not i hope you have the chance to appreciate it.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byrachelernst.com September 13, 2009

On at 4 years old

We own it and my son started watching by the time he was 4 years old.