All member reviews for Charlotte's Web

Gentle, much-loved classic delights all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGrnBay4everfan December 23, 2009

Heartwarming story about friendship and forming bonds

This one one of my favorite books as a child. Everytime I read it, I cry. Charlotte's Web is about a young girl who falls in love with a regular pig at first sight. Her dad says there were too many in Wilbur (the pig)'s litter and was going to kill him. But before doing so, the young girl saves his life and raises him while he's still growing. In my opinion, the moral of the story is how if you believe, anything can happen. THe characters in this story create a bond with each other and although this story is quite sad but also happy, it will sure be a book that is hard to forget. From children to grandparents, I am sure anyone who takes the time to pick up and read this book will enjoy it, whichever way they look at it :)
Parent of a 3, 3, and 6 year old Written bymagasalee November 7, 2009
great story my son couldn't wait to finish reading it.
Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2009
I love the book because it explains about a little girl who loves this pig very much. Wilbur whos getting bigger and older doesnt want to leave Fern. Fern's dad sells the pig and Ferns uncle,whos a farmer takes him. Fern goes to the farm everday and see's Wilbur everyday. Everyday she comes to Wilburs pen,she sees that he gets fatter and fatter. She doesnt know that Uncle Hommer is making him fat,so he can kill him. Then, Wilbur finds a spider named charlotte and charlotte helps him. By putting nice words on her web. Uncle Hommer thinks that a miracle was put on him. But thats not really true. This book is Excellent!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byLindy1 October 5, 2009
Adult Written bysara777 September 16, 2009

perfect for any age

this book is a touchstone for american literature. i believe that every child should have the chance to read it and enjoy it. they will learn many new words and have the chance to imagine and also learn some new things about the real world. i first read this book when i was 6 and it has been one of my absolute favorites. since then i have probably read it hundreds more but everytime i find something new and enjoyable about it. although it addresses the issue of death, its not a harsh reality of it. charlotte does die but in a peaceful way. anyone will love this book, and if you do not i hope you have the chance to appreciate it.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byrachelernst.com September 13, 2009

On at 4 years old

We own it and my son started watching by the time he was 4 years old.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybirdhg5 March 29, 2009

Charlotte Web Book Review, Summary, BIRD

When Fern convinces her father not to kill the runt pig of the litter, she names him Wilbur and raises him with a bottle. Soon Wilbur goes to live in her Uncle Homer Zuckerman's barn down the road, where she visits him every day. But when she's not there, Wilbur is lonely -- the sheep, cows, geese, even the rats, don't want to play and be his friend. Then he meets Charlotte, a grey spider whose web is in a corner of the barn door, and they become good friends. But soon after, they learn that Wilbur is to be slaughtered next Christmas to make hams and bacon. So Charlotte hatches a plan to make the Zuckermans want to keep Wilbur around forever.
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2009

IT IS KINDA GOOD

I'VE READ CHARLOTTE'S WEB A LOT OF TIMES. AND EVERY TIME I HAVE READ IT, IT WASN'T REALLY GOOD. I MEAN IT WAS OK BUT, OVERALL I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR IT.
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2009

kimberly's Review

Adult Written bykaylard1 January 20, 2009

a class review

going over it with the kids
Adult Written byramonatime April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydonnamsar April 9, 2008

A must read for every child, even the child in you.

This book has been a classic since it was first written. E. B. White did such a fantastic job there is no room for improvement. The critters and the people get along so well and they are so "real" you can easily imagine them. This is a book I recommend to any child, young or old, who wants some quiet time with their imaginations.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A must read for everyone!

I'm still readig this book and so far I love it! Best book of all time and plus its a classic

An awesome must-read-now book

I think Charlotte's Web really has a good lesson behind it. At the end I cried a bit. The story has happy parts and sad parts. At the right time, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypaodonis April 9, 2008
Adult Written byBusmasterJones April 9, 2008

Classic Children's Book

This is a tale of friendship on many levels. This should be a part of every child's childhood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDudeisawsome666 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byamosnmarie April 9, 2008

a good book

It will definitely make you dry tho so be prepared!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

One of the best books of all time

This book is one of the best books of all time. It's great and it has good characters. Charlotte is very nice and kind and that should be in everyone. Everybody should read this fantastic book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byangeladarling April 9, 2008