All member reviews for Charlotte's Web

Gentle, much-loved classic delights all ages.

Parent of a 14 year old Written bynoorisusan October 10, 2010

5 ages an up

LOVE IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkype272 October 28, 2010

Good book for the young and old.

It is a good book for the young and old. A Classic tale that can be read to all book lovers and non readers alike. With many twists and turns with a touching morale But personally: This book may be a little to childish to some.
Educator and Parent Written byDadaNick45 January 28, 2011

be careful if your children have sensitivity toward animals

Wonderful book but be sure that your children are at an age where they understand the beginning and where Wilbur was almost killed. This could set the tone for a negative reading experience.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byJojano May 25, 2010
I read this book out loud to my kids when they were little, and the whole family enjoyed it. Beware: it WILL make you cry!
Kid, 9 years old June 20, 2010
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2011

Charlotte's web.

This story teaches me about friendship and death. Death is a thing that everyone has to go through. The friendship and love here between Wilbur and Charlotte is strong. I'd recommend this story to kids age 7 and above.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2010

Charolette's Web

Charolette's web is a very good book. It was a good book about how friendship goes a long way.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byorangehamster December 19, 2014

A down to earth classic

I warned my 4.5 year old in advance of the spider's fate, there's no way I could've just sprung that on her. So, her first reaction after we finished was to say she didn't like the book because Charlotte died. Clearly, she just needed time to mourn because the next day she wanted me to start reading it again. What I didn't anticipate was her being put off the book at the start because of the threat to Wilbur's life. I think that was more difficult to deal with because there are multiple moments of threat and it's not like dying of old age. But once I reassured her that he would be ok, she was keen to continue.
Kid, 8 years old August 7, 2014

Jussssssssssssssssstttttttt fiiiiinnnneeeee

Awsomeeeee
Educator Written byTeacher9000 February 12, 2014

What's with the swearing pig?

I think the title says it all.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2010

the forest oh hands and teeth

it is a touching book
Parent of a 12 year old Written byNish_07 August 21, 2015

Charlotte's Web Book Review

Charlotte's Web book is a great book and it conveys a great message and the book is all about Friendship , Life , Death and Love and it is for all the ages from 10 and it is full of drama and adventure . Summary Charlotte's Web is about a girl named Fern, a pig named Wilbur and a spider named Charlotte. They live on a farm and Fern is Angry when she finds out that Wilbur as a piglet is to be slaughtered so she saves the pig with convincing her dad who works for animals growth and then sell them .She then for weeks she enjoys and make him drink bottle of milk every day so the pig grows but one day she grew big enough to sell so his father sold the pig to Mr.Zuckerman Farms where there are different types of animals are staying. At starting time he had no friends , no going out of the barn and everything got restricted and boring but one day he found a kind friend a Spider named charlotte . They became friend s but the bad news was that at christmas Zukerman plan was to eat the wilbur so to ruin his plan charlotte's got plans so the adventure begins to prove the pig as magical . I would say that the genre of this book is Animals. My favourite character in the book is Wilbur is very kind and Brave and truthful friend .
Educator Written bymaddox121 June 25, 2015

Webcrossed Sadness (everything else is good)

Charlotte died (Wilbur almosed did)
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2010

A tearjerker, but a classic

I loved this book. It is easy to follow the story line and the characters are likable (even Timpliton the rat, who brightens later in the book). Charlotte is friendler and sounds like a nice person (or spider!) Violence: SPOILER It's pretty upsetting when Charlotte dies. But Charlotte dies in peace so that's good. END OF SPOILER The plot revolves around a farmer trying to kill Wilbur, so it might be scary for little kids. I defiantly recommend it to anyone.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2010
I absolutely love it!!! 100% love it!!! The best book in the world!!! Best one ever!!!
Kid, 3 years old April 14, 2010
i hate it
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 26, 2009

Classic!

This is a classic book that a kid of any age can read. Kids will love the talking animals, espeaxcilly Wilbur. A must read.
Adult Written byLowe's man September 19, 2013

teamwork emphasized

This book emphasizes teamwork. Once Charlotte begins to make these messages, all the other animals suddenly like Wilbur and do everything they can to help him. A must read for all children (and adults). For those who are too young to read the book themselves, parents should read the book to their children.
Parent Written byEdna Gerrity June 4, 2011

Charlotte's webb....Charlotte is my hero and role model and I am 43

I absolutely love this book... it has been an altime favorite of mine since childhood.... Charlotte still remains my hero and inspiration.... she is my role model and I am 43