All member reviews for Chomp

Zany adventure in the Florida Everglades spoofs reality TV.

Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 11, 2012

Chomp by Carl Hiaasen

This was a hilarious book that i loved. All of it was amazing. In the end the abusive father comes back with a gun but the people work together to make it stop and nobody is seriously hurt.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2012

Nice Book.

i love carl hiaasen's books. this one was fun, interesting, and enjoyable.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywombatgirl May 14, 2013

Another really good book from Carl Hiaasen

I read this book at age 13, after loving the other Carl Hiaasen books when I was younger. I have learned about science, Florida ecosystems, monkeywrenching, and environmental protection from these books. In Chomp, I could not find an exact age for the main character. There are mentions of romance, but it's not an issue. This book does expose the reality of reality TV: staged, scripted, produced. Violence, drinking, and poverty are prevalent. The two young characters are in peril at times, and people are injured by purposeful gunshots. One girl is abused by her alcoholic father, who drinks during the book. I would say that this book is a go for age 10 and up, but make sure that the reader is aware of poverty and violence in rural areas.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byjpolizo January 19, 2015

If you liked hoot ....

You will probably like chomp. My 10 year old is a challenged reader who is about two grade levels behind. But he listened to this entire audio book in two days and started it over again. He has found it difficult to locate books he likes but chomp and Hoot totally resonated with him; he loves them both.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2014

This bookputs an interesting perspective on things especially bear grills and wilderness TV shows, because it goes behind the scenes and includes a story with it
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

CHOMP

I love Hiaasen's books.They are so funny!Derek Badger is a real idiot