All teen and kid member reviews for Cirque Du Freak: The Saga of Darren Shan Series

Teen, 13 years old Written bycwg98 May 15, 2011

Ideal for Tweens but under 12s won't get it

Perfect book for 12+ Basically a violent, bloody and exciting version of Twilight. But definately not for under 12s as the first book is sad and depressing and the others include more blood and fighting. The storyline may also be confusing for them as there is a lot going on and it's spooky as well as violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKforKitty101 May 27, 2010

I LOVE THEM!

AHHHHH! This is my new fave book series! Much better than Twilight! But i still recommend it if your 11 years or older because it is scary. But if you love horror, this is for you! Its AMAZING! These vampires dont sparkle, stalk people, or have sex at an early age. They are great role models! I LOVE LARTEN CREPSLEY! :D
Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2010
i loved this book. their was nothing wrong i read it when i was 8. i fell in love with this book. i have read this series 3 times. a great classic
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheCookieMonster September 17, 2010
I luv this book
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Awesome series for 12 year olds and mature 10 or 11 year olds.

I've read alot of books, but this is defenitley my favorite series ever. The first few books are mostly kid friendly, but there is lots of violence in the later books, particuarlly in Vampire Prince. There is also some drinking, and a bit of romance, plus uses of h-ll and d-mn every now and then, but the violence is probably the biggest issue. P.S. if you like this series Darren Shan has another series called Demonata out. Its gorier and more complicated than Cirque Du Freak but still interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byContra23 September 6, 2010

Great macabre thriller, that captivates readers until the last page is turned.

I love these books! I've read all 12 and was sooo sad when I was done with them, very entertaining a great thriller!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolioface April 26, 2010

goood goood

good for ages 10 and up? really? these are such graphic gruesome books. 10 year olds can't read it unless they dont mind reading about throats being eaten out! but the series is amazing i read it soo fast
Teen, 17 years old Written bysweetheart147 December 11, 2009
I saw the movie first before reading this book. Darren is a very good role model for many children that look up to teens. Even though our media is so into vampires, this books gives you another view on vampires. The words are not hard and it's really not that bad of a book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNerdy-In Hp I trust November 29, 2009

Second best series I've ever read!!

I love Cirque Du Freak. Darren Shan is an amazing author and everyone would like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Spooky

When I read it it kind of freaked me out, of course i was in 6th grade. At one part its kinda nasty
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2013

No. No. No. Not for kids. I myself did not read it, but was giving great discription from kids in my class that read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byruneplatoon August 31, 2012

Amazing Book

Im 14 but was 13 when i read the WHOLE series.i hate reading books but if i find abook i like i will tear through it and love it forever in this case the Cirque Du Freak series.personally i think it has 1uite a bit of violence but a little bit of book violence never hurt a kid or scarred him for life so all in all parents dont be overprotective, just let them read the book i gaurantee theyll like it
Teen, 16 years old Written byvegas-diva August 14, 2012

10/10

Yeah i think it is a great book for any teens. its got lots of action and it has a great story line. i dont think kids under 12 should read it though because the book might confuse them and they might not get the whole story and because there is quite of killing and stuff but the dont describe it in detail which is good for the younger ones. one of the reasons i like it more than twilight and stuff is because there is less romance and it gets on with the story instead of lots of talking and stuff. i love this series and would recommend it to everyone :D
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Commonsense needs to read all the books before they give it a three-star rating.

The Saga of Darren Shan is my favorite book series ever. Better than Vladimir Tod, Demonata, and Percy Jackson. There is some violence, tons of people are killed with pretty much every weapon you can think of, and an insane vampaneze murders eleven people by draining their blood, but its not as bad as it sounds. I reccomend this series to anyone who likes action.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurplebaron October 29, 2011

I love this book!

This is one of the best vampire books out there (Next to Anne Rice, and Dracula (hehe) It is a very good story for teens and adults, not so much for younger kids. The plot is very well written and full of twists, but can be a little hard to follow for some.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

It is so awesome i have a spaz every time i read it(not really)

I LOVE IT! Mr Crepsley is a beast, and they even made a series about him! The violence isnt so bad, but alot of poeple/vampires/vampaneze are killed, but nothing like Demonata. Better than the movie! Also make sure you read Demonata and The saga of larten crepsley, Darren Shan also wrote them and they are beast.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnn Black May 9, 2011

Great for Tweens!

I think this book was very good. Although it did have violence and a few curse words I think this book was a good read. I would recommend this book for people who aren't scared to read a good horror book and for kids probably over 11 or 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoisondeath123 February 16, 2011

If you can read it, then it's right for you

This is the best series EVER! especially in a time of twilightified vampires. Best book saga of all time. Very creative, Darren's the best horror author yet (tied with Ray Bradbury and Stephen King)
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2011

Awesome for tweens

When I read this book I fell in love with it. Its not too bad because unless kids really saw people doing these things and they aren't too descriptive. Still its a little violent
Teen, 13 years old Written byclairebearxoxox June 12, 2010
i love them its soo good the movie wasnt that violent okay the books were kinda but not horribly its sooo good read it i wouldnt do less the n10 because they probly odnt know what some of it means and 10 is iffy but 13 is good i read them when i was 12