All member reviews for City of Glass: The Mortal Instruments, Book 3

Teen, 14 years old Written bylovesateddybear November 10, 2010

LOVE IT

LOVE IT!! I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybandgeek8 September 3, 2011

NOT the end

this was really good and seemed to tie up all loose ends. When heard there was a 4th book i thought "I can't wait'what twists and turns lie next?" I recommend this to everyone. P.S. you can't read these out of order it will make no sense.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

read it plz!

luvit! read it if ur over 10
Teen, 16 years old Written byFantasyFiend12 March 31, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byWitrin January 2, 2010

Unoriginal

Cassandra Clare returns to poor form after an above-average City of Ashes. Characters have about-faces; are made unbelievable and crude, especially Simon. Clary is as ridiculous as ever, sprouting extra powers as need demands, and she is as compelling as a piece of cheese. The primary antagonist, Valentine, is an unoriginal cardboard cutout, with goals taken straight from Rowling's Voldemort. Valentine inspires no fear. Jace is a waste of space. The incest plotline(s) are unnecessary and overblown. The author wusses out on the 'dramatic character death' front, killing off an extremely minor character, instead of someone who really deserved it, who was brought back to life by an angel - Can you say Deus ex Machina? Plot is stringed together by a series of coincidence. Backstory is ridiculous and the reader has to endure several pages of forced exposition on multiple occasions. Ultimately, the book is overlong, with a sagging middle, irrelevant characters, and borders on plagiarism on several accounts. The writing is poor, and Clare does not know how to use an adverb, or a semi-colon. Or a comma. But you do get a happy ending!! (And another book; the fourth in the trilogy. Cassandra Clare is an official trilogy creep.)
Teen, 14 years old Written bytpotters October 18, 2009

i thouht it was an excellent book it keeps you well intersested and it will make you want to read the series =]
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2015

An exciting plot full of twists!

If you like fantasy, are mature, are not afraid of a bit of fighting and like romance, then you should read this book! I am quite mature of my age, and I think this book is AMAZING. This book is a sequel of two other books, so you should read them first before you start reading this. There are battles, a bit making out, mild swearing and violence. You should know your child's matureness before letting him/her read this book. You get to learn a lot of new things about life. This book has religious content, like citations from the Bible, and references to that, that God exists. There are some good role models. I recommend this book for fans of fantasy and for fans of exciting situations. I read this book in nine days. :D I really enjoyed it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshydreamer September 4, 2014

Very well written

I read it when I was 12 and I liked it, but I don't know if other kids at 12 would find it age appropriate, but if you think you won't find it uncomfortable in the intimate parts (although there aren't many) then you can definitely read it. I put 13 and up but if you think your mature enough then 12 and up. But I wouldn't recommend it for kids younger then 10. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegan1805 September 2, 2014

why this book is appropriate for 11 and up

I think this book is good as it totally hook me up and I loved the part when Jocelyn revealed that they were not siblings and anybody above eleven can read it. I was that age and I did not get nightmares or anything like
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatiepotterdramabook April 17, 2014

the best book EVER.

From the first page i read i was glued to the book i could not stop reading it.there were a lot of cliff hangers which left me clinging to the pages wanting more. I wish the book didn't have bad words it would make it better. BEWARE There is a Lot of violence. if you like books that will leave wanting more DEFINITELY read this!!!.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus November 13, 2012

Amazing Book!!!!!

I LOVED this book! I had read City of Bones and Ashes (books 1 and 2), which I also both loved. I was so looking forward to reading this book. I think out of the whole series this one is the most violent. I liked how Jace's personality changed throughout this book, as he kind of softens up, and learns to trust a little more, yet he still remains quite protective of Clary. I really enjoyed the ending; it got very intense. There are a couple of great fight scenes toward the end of the book. This book definitely ended with a bang. It was so good it could have been a great conclusion to the series, but I am LOVING these Shadowhunter books, so I will eagerly keep reading! I've already started book 4!
Teen, 13 years old Written byseaotter77 November 7, 2012

Awesome book!

I really enjoyed this installment to the series. It was intriguing and had a lot of action and romance. There is a lot of violence and some sex, but not enough that a 12 year old couldn't handle.
Teen, 15 years old Written byZara360 September 1, 2012

Extemly Disapointing.. Has spoilars

I say this book has the following... Alec has makes-out with his boyfriend (his name escapes me) Max dies killed by Johnathan this book said it's possible to capture and kill angels Jace and clary have angel blood in them and find out the r not really brother and sister johnathan has demon blood in him and is really Clary's brother Jace is kinda like luke's nephew Simon and Izzy are believed to have sex the scene end with Izzy pushing Simon on to her bed, but Simon says other wise it
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette December 30, 2011

A rollicking, action-packed read...

For all you lame homophobes out there: Being gay is OK i SWEAR! Go read a bible if you can't handle it. Yeesh. (no offense to Christian people). Amazing book though. Read it on a couch with hot chocolate and a fire blazing in the mantle...
Teen, 13 years old Written bysyaixyrah December 19, 2011

great book

Teen, 16 years old Written byNIXY December 17, 2011

LOVE

LOVE ,love,love,love,love,love!!!!!!!!! *SPOILER* i'm so glad that Alec and Magnus are together! <3
Teen, 14 years old Written byI izz awsom July 13, 2011

GO for it

I read this book. And shockingly the entire time my mind was split on two opinions. One- why in the world am I reading this? Two- I love the characters in this book. OK this book- no this series has a very confusing yet hilarious group of characters. I love how Jace and simon and Alec are constantly cracking small yet noticeable jokes ("What kind of walk takes 6 hours?") I am currently reading the 4th book, i do hope they make this a movie because I think it could be extremely interesting to see how the would adapt it into a movie. However I do think you should only read it if your in at least 8th grade.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySakinarahman May 21, 2011

Perfect for teens and adults!

Another bestseller! Cassandra Clare did it again! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 January 28, 2011

Extreme violence... suited better for teens

Absoultly amazing!! The best of the series. It blew my mind!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaddie2011 January 21, 2011

i loved this book and everybody should read it but probably just teens because it is really violent.