All member reviews for City of Glass: The Mortal Instruments, Book 3

Exciting, violent series cycle concludes with a bang.

Teen, 15 years old Written byZara360 September 1, 2012

Extemly Disapointing.. Has spoilars

I say this book has the following... Alec has makes-out with his boyfriend (his name escapes me) Max dies killed by Johnathan this book said it's possible to capture and kill angels Jace and clary have angel blood in them and find out the r not really brother and sister johnathan has demon blood in him and is really Clary's brother Jace is kinda like luke's nephew Simon and Izzy are believed to have sex the scene end with Izzy pushing Simon on to her bed, but Simon says other wise it
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette December 30, 2011

A rollicking, action-packed read...

For all you lame homophobes out there: Being gay is OK i SWEAR! Go read a bible if you can't handle it. Yeesh. (no offense to Christian people). Amazing book though. Read it on a couch with hot chocolate and a fire blazing in the mantle...
Teen, 16 years old Written byNIXY December 17, 2011

LOVE

LOVE ,love,love,love,love,love!!!!!!!!! *SPOILER* i'm so glad that Alec and Magnus are together! <3
Teen, 14 years old Written byI izz awsom July 13, 2011

GO for it

I read this book. And shockingly the entire time my mind was split on two opinions. One- why in the world am I reading this? Two- I love the characters in this book. OK this book- no this series has a very confusing yet hilarious group of characters. I love how Jace and simon and Alec are constantly cracking small yet noticeable jokes ("What kind of walk takes 6 hours?") I am currently reading the 4th book, i do hope they make this a movie because I think it could be extremely interesting to see how the would adapt it into a movie. However I do think you should only read it if your in at least 8th grade.
Adult Written byrebekahF July 16, 2011

A fantasy world that I would LOVE to live in!

I didn't think i was going to find a series BETTER then the Hunger games until this series came along! From the start, it had me hooked! I fell in love with Jace and Clary, and *spoilers* i KNEW that it was going to work out for them in the end! This book is just as exciting and just as suspenseful as Hunger Games, and i never thought i would find another book like that! If you haven't read these books: read them. NOW. You won't regret it! and don't listen to people who say there is too much sexual tension blah blah blah and cussing. Who cares! what kinda book would it be if it didn't?! These are teenagers reading these books, not 5 year olds! trust me, they have seen MUCH worse! I thought the series was over after this book until i did some research and found out that there were 3 more books to come! AMAZING! You will fall in love with this book series, i guarantee it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byshydreamer September 4, 2014

Very well written

I read it when I was 12 and I liked it, but I don't know if other kids at 12 would find it age appropriate, but if you think you won't find it uncomfortable in the intimate parts (although there aren't many) then you can definitely read it. I put 13 and up but if you think your mature enough then 12 and up. But I wouldn't recommend it for kids younger then 10. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMegan1805 September 2, 2014

why this book is appropriate for 11 and up

I think this book is good as it totally hook me up and I loved the part when Jocelyn revealed that they were not siblings and anybody above eleven can read it. I was that age and I did not get nightmares or anything like
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatiepotterdramabook April 17, 2014

the best book EVER.

From the first page i read i was glued to the book i could not stop reading it.there were a lot of cliff hangers which left me clinging to the pages wanting more. I wish the book didn't have bad words it would make it better. BEWARE There is a Lot of violence. if you like books that will leave wanting more DEFINITELY read this!!!.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus November 13, 2012

Amazing Book!!!!!

I LOVED this book! I had read City of Bones and Ashes (books 1 and 2), which I also both loved. I was so looking forward to reading this book. I think out of the whole series this one is the most violent. I liked how Jace's personality changed throughout this book, as he kind of softens up, and learns to trust a little more, yet he still remains quite protective of Clary. I really enjoyed the ending; it got very intense. There are a couple of great fight scenes toward the end of the book. This book definitely ended with a bang. It was so good it could have been a great conclusion to the series, but I am LOVING these Shadowhunter books, so I will eagerly keep reading! I've already started book 4!
Teen, 13 years old Written byseaotter77 November 7, 2012

Awesome book!

I really enjoyed this installment to the series. It was intriguing and had a lot of action and romance. There is a lot of violence and some sex, but not enough that a 12 year old couldn't handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysyaixyrah December 19, 2011

great book

Teen, 15 years old Written byshaddowphax July 19, 2009

read the others first

Good book, not too serious but not just a waste of time. Ideal for most teenagers, nothing overly noticable - would be fine for younger ones as language and themes are not explicite.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycorkiepookie June 12, 2009

AWESOME! but read the others first!