All member reviews for Clementine

Move over, Ramona -- here comes Clementine.

Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2009

a must read book for everyone

it was great i loved it but for other people they may not understand the book
Parent of a 7, 10, and 14 year old Written bybeckyhall March 8, 2010

Sweet, funny, and unique!

Clementine is what I imagine Junie B Jones will be like when she hits 3rd grade. Imaginative, creative, and observant, Clementine pays attention to every detail of daily life - much to the dismay of her teachers, who keep telling her to pay attention in class! She's definitely a challenge for parents and teachers, and she doesn't always make the right decisions, but her lessons are great ones! I recommend the entire series. My 7yo daughter loves to read them aloud with me.
Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2013

Buy It Now!!!

This Is a Series and It Is GREAT I Read This In 2nd Grade and Absolutely Loved It!!!! I Can Totally Relate To Clementine and It Teaches Great Lessons and Has Great Role Models.
Parent of an infant, 1, and 7 year old Written bySmtmsAlwys March 26, 2010

A precocious little girl, much like my own

A very sweet story about a precocious little girl named Clementine. She means well but she just keeps managing to get into trouble.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykawilder March 22, 2010

Clementine is an imaginative little girl who gets herself into situations that teach lessons about responsibility, friendship, and family. The book is well written and engaging. We read this (and the follow ons) with our 5 year old (who's now 6.5) and she loved them...and will now read again on her own. Way better stories and messages than some of the alternatives (i.e. junie b. jones) out there!
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2014

ummmmmm.........

never read the book i pretty sure its great:) but..... it HATE the reveiw.when it said "move over ramona' what the heck! i love ramona! just because clementine is new dosent give commonsensemedia a right to be rude to ramona!
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2011

BEST SEIRES EVER

I love this but needs one more thing...ANOTHER BOOK! 1 more would make it perfect
Adult Written byEezreviews March 15, 2011

Reminiscent of Beverly Cleary's "Ramona" for today's kid, Clementine is a sweet sassy girl that is realistic and fun.Clementine’s ability to pay attention gets her in trouble all the time. The problem is, what she pays attention to is usually what nobody else is paying attention to (and her teachers want her to listen to them!) Full of the typical antics of a tomboyish, rambunctious young girl, Clementine’s exuberance for life and being a kid is hard to miss. I enjoyed reading this book and felt that Clementine was a totally unique, 100% real character. The things she thinks are typical of what a child goes through at that stage of life. I would recommend this book for 2&3 graders. If kids like Judy Moody and Junie B. Jones, they will probably like Clementine. I would describe this as a cozy book to read, one that gently and humorously approaches the average everyday fears of a young child and shows that it’s okay to have these fears, to be different, and to not always be perfect.
Parent Written byLil_joe999@yahoo.com March 8, 2010

Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2009

dont juge a book by its cover exspeshly this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The serise Cemintine is a great seares for kids!! The first time I saw it Iwasent to thrilled about it!!! But dont juge a book by its cover!! Expeshliey this one!!But once Ipicked it up Iwas in the zone !!!!!!!! Iwould yell at anybody who disterbed me!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2009

5 stars!!!

This book gives you great laughs, and has its sad parts, but at the same time, it's perfect for any yound child!
Teen, 14 years old Written byVALORIE_13 June 2, 2009

Parent of a 9 year old Written byCubFan November 30, 2008

I laughed, that's for sure!

Clementine is a very well written book. Funny details, all that good stuff. I am nine, and I was probably about 7 when I read this book. 5 stars, 7+!